PDA

View Full Version : Whatmore's Contract with BCB almost sure to get a 2-year extension

Ahmed_B
April 7, 2005, 03:02 AM
It's a big relief to know that Dav Whatmore's contract with the BCB is almost sure to get a minimum of 2 years extension, which was due to end on 30th June'2005. Even though Whatmore himself has refused to make any comment on the issue during the first press conference prior to England tour, The Daily Prothom-Alo reports with a reference to source from BCB that the Cricket board has had discussions with the Coach about it already and they have reached an agreement about extending his period for another 2 years.

This is Great news again! :up:

Source (http://www.prothom-alo.net/v1/newhtmlnews1/category.php?CategoryID=9&Date=2005-04-07)

Sham
April 7, 2005, 04:31 AM
Lets hope its true. Whatmore is the one person who we can't afford to lose at this point! A couple of more years with him will be ideal.

While I'm upset about the loss of McInnes, I'm sure we can find other coaches who can carry on what he started and take the matrix driven HP program forward. However, if we were to lose Whatmore at this point, I don't know who we could have replaced him with!

PoorFan
April 7, 2005, 05:31 AM
I shall wait until official announcement on this matter.
We just lost McInnes and we may loose now Whatmore too.
And I think there is a huge possibility that we may loose him, no matter how hard we try.
Better we should get ready to handle that kind of situation.
Firstly, we desperately need a positive result from coming England tour with Whatmore!

insideedge
April 7, 2005, 06:09 AM
Why did McInnes leave?

Sham
April 7, 2005, 06:20 AM
He has taken up a new position with Cricket Australia. He will be a senior coach at the Centre of Excellence in Brisbane. There is a thread on this which you may wish to read.