PDA

View Full Version : Let's be Professional: Who is After Whatmore?

babubangla
April 7, 2005, 05:05 PM
Dave Whatmore is still with us. He is looking forward to the India Job, but I still hope he will stay with us. He is a "professional" and thus he is considering all alternative options for his career.

Cricket in Bangladesh is also a professional matter now. So BCB should also be "Professional" like Dave Whatmore and should start looking for alternative options in case Whatmore gets the India Job.

We all should be "Professional" too in our discussion and start discussing about possible replacement for Dave Whatmore. So, the big "Professional" question ahead of us--- if Whatmore quits, whom should we ask for to take over the job?

Edited on, April 7, 2005, 10:09 PM GMT, by babubangla.
Reason: Spelling

Ovi Khan
April 7, 2005, 05:07 PM
Woolmer or somebody of that class.

Ovi Khan
April 7, 2005, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by Ovi Khan
Woolmer or somebody of that class.
Do you know how long is Woolmer's contract with the Greens?

babubangla
April 7, 2005, 05:13 PM
If BCB Want to keep Whatmore, they should discover Whatmore's line of thinking. What Whatmore wants? More Money or just a world class team like India? If the 2nd one is true, nothing can be done. But if the money matter is the reason, there is certainly room for bidding.

Rubu
April 7, 2005, 05:21 PM
as i said in a different thread the only option in subcontinent that can be considered is waseem akram. besides, it better be some australian or someone who has a good resume like bob woolmar.

hay, how about john rights? :lol:

may be its not family reason that john wants to leave india. he might be willing to come to bd. a switching!

Kana-Baba
April 7, 2005, 06:05 PM
how about Mark Taylor?

oracle
April 7, 2005, 06:07 PM
i hate this topic - but butted in anyway, thought of Rod Marsh- i want BKSP to be rum as Loughborough-he has experience.

couger
April 7, 2005, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by Kana-Baba
how about Mark Taylor?

Since when did he become a coach? What team is he coaching now?

Sham
April 7, 2005, 06:14 PM
I actually want someone who has been through what we are going through. Thats why I mentioned Houghton in another thread. He captained Zimbabwe when they were trying to find their feet in world cricket.

Kepler Wessels wouldn't be a very good choice as well! He led South Africa when they came out of apartheid and re-entered Test cricket. Also, he played 24 Test matches for Australia in the early and mid-80s, so he has the Aussie aspect in him as well!

couger
April 7, 2005, 06:15 PM
I think we need a big name coach, someone who's resume is just as impressive as Whatmore and that list is short.

Akib
April 7, 2005, 07:36 PM
I say Akram or a Aussie.

thebest
April 8, 2005, 12:41 AM
Houghton or Jennings. A tough task master.

dukha
April 8, 2005, 12:44 AM
Woolmer is bad choice .......... I suggest .
1)"Steve Waugh"
2) Ray Jennings
3) Kepler Wessels

RazabQ
April 8, 2005, 01:02 AM
Is Bobby Simpson out of the question? How about Steve Rixon. Robin Singh isn't a bad one either.

Ahmed_B
April 8, 2005, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by couger
I think we need a big name coach, someone who's resume is just as impressive as Whatmore and that list is short.

and willing to take the challenge of coaching the ICC Ranked-10 team!

Shehwar
April 8, 2005, 01:34 AM
Wasim & Waqar as bowling coach...
Viv Richards as batting coach...
Jonty Rhodes as fielding coach...

dukha
April 8, 2005, 01:44 AM
Originally posted by Shehwar
Wasim & Waqar as bowling coach...
Viv Richards as batting coach...
Jonty Rhodes as fielding coach...

Arey bhai ektu kom bolsen ..........

Steve Waugh as a Test Batting Coach
Sunil Gavaskar as a odi batting Coach
Abdul Kadir & Courtney Walsh as a bowling Coach & Andrew Symonds as a fielding coach or Jhonthy Rhodes ........... ki bolen ? :great::great::great::great::great::great::flag::f lag::flag::flag::flag:

mwrkhan
April 8, 2005, 01:49 AM
Gavaskar as ODI batting coach?

Moskora kortesen?

dukha
April 8, 2005, 01:53 AM
Originally posted by mwrkhan
Gavaskar as ODI batting coach?

Moskora kortesen?

Aaicha tailey ki amra Ricky Ponting er retirement er jonney wait korum ? The best winning ratio as a captain in the world ...... Ok , bhai it's done ....... It could be "Ricky Ponting" is our future coach may be 10 years time ,,,,,,,, haha :fanflag::fanflag::fanflag:

Wait till then .............:joy:

cricket_pagol
April 8, 2005, 02:07 AM
We need an Australian coach only because they are sure to have good work ethics... Somebody like bennet king!

dukha
April 8, 2005, 02:54 AM
Originally posted by cricket_pagol
We need an Australian coach only because they are sure to have good work ethics... Somebody like bennet king!

Bennet king ,? West Inidies er oboshta ekkerey kharap ....."Ricky Ponting" is the best choice .............
:bravo::bravo::bravo::bravo::bravo::bravo::bravo:: bravo:

Edited on, April 8, 2005, 7:55 AM GMT, by dukha.

Special 1
April 8, 2005, 11:52 AM
MOHSIN KAMAL

Shehwar
April 8, 2005, 12:10 PM
good joke:clap:

Spitfire_x86
April 8, 2005, 02:30 PM
Whoever it is, it must not be Jennings.

BD Tigers
April 8, 2005, 02:37 PM
Sarwar Imran bhai should be the coach and Lipu manager. if we cannot find a good oversees coach.

Rubu
April 8, 2005, 02:51 PM
have anyone think of owane matao (sp) the guy who used to come for batting improvement as full time coach? we need help with batting than anything else.

cricman
April 8, 2005, 02:55 PM
akram can definently fix us some matches

if it were up to me i'd give Mcinness the title and make him forget about Australia

dukha
April 8, 2005, 03:17 PM
Arey eto chintar ki asey ? kaurey nah pailey .. Amra "Atahar Ali Khan" rey coach banamu ........... He will do the job better than anyone else . Proud to be a Bangladeshi .:joy:

chinaman
April 8, 2005, 03:30 PM
Dear dukha

We appreciate your enthusiasm. But you got to be little more considerate about what and how you post. I had to remove some of your posts. Please u2u me if you need help. Thank you very much.

dukha
April 8, 2005, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by chinaman
Dear dukha

We appreciate your enthusiasm. But you got to be little more considerate about what and how you post. I had to remove some of your posts. Please u2u me if you need help. Thank you very much.

Chinaman bhai chintar karon nai , shobai amarey pagol koitasey , kintu jokhon England e Test draw korum tokhon ki hoibo k janey ? Arey Test draw shobcheye easy . Brishti aailei to hoiya gelo ........... haha ......... No worries Chinaman bhai ........ Arey moja koren ,, we won't be whitewash that's for sure ..........:joy::joy::joy:

Spitfire_x86
April 8, 2005, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by cricman
akram can definently fix us some matches
match fixing? very bad ;)

nasimul
April 8, 2005, 04:35 PM
If Mohsin Kamal why not channel I er Chacha.

cricket_pagla
April 8, 2005, 10:58 PM
Q: Who is After Whatmore?

ans: We are!.. did u see 2day's Daily Star?

fwullah
April 9, 2005, 12:18 AM
did u see 2day's Daily Star?

Exactly. That's what I came here to say after watching the heading of this thread.

Some valuable points for us:

*Last Friday there was a meeting between BCB & Dav and only 1 more session of such period is required for Whatmore & BCB to settle the extention of the contract issue.

*Even Whatmore can't remember exactly when he said those things that he did to the BBC Sports. May be it was during last year? May be 1 year before that? So, the 'timing' is not adequate. And if I remember it clearly, it was the timing of the news that had struck us all yesterday.

babubangla
April 9, 2005, 12:26 AM
BanglaCricket Staff Samircreep posted in another thread:

Dav's leaving in September. I just met him at Stan Chart yesterday, we both use the same branch. Talks are pretty much finalized between him and the indiand cricket board, they're still haggling over the length of contract as the board wants to give him a one year contract to startf off with but whatmore wants a longer contract.

dukha
April 9, 2005, 12:45 AM
Why we Worry ? We have 1) Greg Chappell 2)Tom Moody 3)Martin Crowe 4)Steve Rixon so many choices not to worry , Duniyai ki aar bhala coach nai ? Ray Jennings is there as well ........ So many better than Dav ....... John Wright is 100 times better than Dav ............ :D:):):):):):):):)

jeesh
April 9, 2005, 04:09 AM
Just a suggestion Sandeep Patil?