PDA

View Full Version : The BIG Question is: Will we be win-less for another 4-5 yrs after Whatmore leaves?

fwullah
April 9, 2005, 02:39 AM
The BIG Question is, will we be win-less for yet another 4 or 5 years after Dav Whatmore leaves (whenever that is - after the England tour or during September as Sameercreep has said, or after the world cup 2007)? We have been win-less for over 5 years, even though the first year seemed pretty good for us (throughout the year 2000).

bdmoderator
April 9, 2005, 03:08 AM
May be.

oracle
April 9, 2005, 03:24 AM
naah FW- we will win many more matches.:)

cricket_pagla
April 9, 2005, 04:11 AM
i don't think so.. when DW take charge of BD.. instantly.. we're not winning.. not even now!(though we beat poor ZIM side)....:drool:

Edited on, April 9, 2005, 12:10 PM GMT, by cricket_pagla.

Sham
April 9, 2005, 04:57 AM
I think we are taking a ridiculous line here! Whatmore is no magician! Our team improved under him, there is no doubt about that. They are a fitter and more disciplined side and the ground fielding has really improved!

But it won't be all doom and gloom if Whatmore leaves. We will find a new coach, the team might go through a temporary patch when they have to adjust to a new style of doing things, but in the end, we have to continue on the up-curve. To ask, are we going to be winless for another 4 or 5 years is ridiculous!

Remember, we have only beaten Zimbabwe. We might have gone winless against the other sides for the next 4 or 5 years anyway, even with Whatmore. The two teams that most of us have felt that we can win against, Pakistan and WI, have just shown what they are capable of against India and South Africa respectively. On the other hand, even with a different coach, we may beat one of the big boys soon! Who knows? We shouldn't feel so despondent. Have faith in the boys and on the BCB. I'm sure we will find a suitable replacement and our development will continue at the same pace, albeit in a different style!

Edited on, April 9, 2005, 9:58 AM GMT, by Sham.