PDA

View Full Version : How long to get a website!!!

bdboy
April 9, 2005, 09:45 AM
I just wonder how unprofessional they are, the people of cricket board who just talk a lot about professionalism and show up different approach of professionalism. Today is 9th April 2005. If I am not wrong, our Bangladesh cricket’s official website TigerCricket (http://www.tigercricket.com) was suppose to be online on Jan, 05. But still hanging same banner “coming soon”.

Secondly they have chosen a strange web address www.tigercricketcom. It simply does not go with BCB. Bangladeshi cricket fan could have a domain name like that. But officially a cricket board like BCB, I can’t believe it. If Tiger Cricket is the right name for bcb website, then cricket Australia, ECB should change their website address now.

On the other hand, Bangladesh Football Federation has got a perfect and decent address www.bffonline.com. (http://www.bffonline.com) And the site is not too bad. Thanks BCB for the perfect name and the website. Although they have lot trouble with funds and inside the organization itself.

What do you think, guys?

Arnab
April 9, 2005, 09:48 AM
Well, ideally the domain name should be: bcb.co.bd

dukha
April 9, 2005, 09:52 AM
Funny isn't it ? It doesn't take long as we know that all our talents in overseas but those people are in Bangladesh they might not be as talented as us , It would be for a while ...........

TigerFan
April 9, 2005, 09:53 AM
I think tara australian cricket boarder nam ta nokol koreche. I mean, they were trying to get that you know what I mean....I think Khaleda's son supported australia before bangladesh became a test nation...a I don't know....dn't have anything to do now....anyway....the name i think itz ok, 'cause itz easy to remember.....itz for the fans right.....so itz a friendly name and itz easy to remember for people like me.

TigerFan
April 9, 2005, 09:55 AM
dukha mia I once did programming in my high school. I did two person's work alone. My partner didn't do anything. It was over 1000 codes and I finished within 2 or 3 days. I don't know why it can take proffessionals so much time. alhamdululllah

Edited on, April 9, 2005, 3:10 PM GMT, by TigerFan.

dukha
April 9, 2005, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by TigerFan
dukha mia I once did programming in my high school. I did two person's work alone. My partner didn't do anything. It was over 1000 codes and I finished within 2 or 3 days. I don't know why it can take proffessionals so much time.

I know man , as we studied from overseas we do the codes and stuff those people in bd they might try to it on Frontpage the easiest way .. It takes time as our Country's IT proffessionals are not that good ........ Specially the ones staying in our country but we are lucky to stay in Overseas . It will be up but they don't know when .........

Edited on, April 9, 2005, 5:11 PM GMT, by dukha.

Arnab
April 9, 2005, 10:04 AM
I don't think our country's IT professionals are less talented at all.

Our management is probably horrible.

TigerFan
April 9, 2005, 10:07 AM
well, they might be less skilled but not less talented. Bangalis are genuine geniouses and telents alhamdulillah

Edited on, April 9, 2005, 3:08 PM GMT, by TigerFan.

bdboy
April 9, 2005, 10:11 AM
I think coding isn't all..... as a official website they need to take care of something extra. But after that it should not be so long.

And guys some many IT professionals out there in bangladesh, who are not less talnted then any overseas pro. But i think inside BCB people are not very honest so they gave this huge project to wrong hand.
Gush arr aktu chance asse....... lol

ialbd
April 9, 2005, 10:54 AM
isnt this the 18 lakh taka site? taka-poishar issue manei ghapla
________
M41 (http://www.bmw-tech.org/wiki/BMW_M41)

guy_zin
April 9, 2005, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by dukha

....but those people are in Bangladesh they might not be as talented as us

I know man , as we studied from overseas we do the codes and stuff those people in bd they might try to it on Frontpage the easiest way .. It taked time as our Country's IT proffessionals are not that good ........ Specially the ones staying in our country but we are lucky to stay in Overseas . It will be up but they don't know when .........

It would be good if such a multi-talented guy who studied from overseas & more talented then the peoples remaining in bangladesh cared to learn the english properly while doing the codes & stuff.

definitely you as well as your native country are lucky that you're staying overseas.......

dukha
April 9, 2005, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by guy_zin

I know man , as we studied from overseas we do the codes and stuff those people in bd they might try to it on Frontpage the easiest way .. It takes time as our Country's IT proffessionals are not that good ........ Specially the ones staying in our country but we are lucky to stay in Overseas . It will be up but they don't know when .........

It would be good if such a multi-talented guy who studied from overseas & more talented then the peoples remaining in bangladesh cared to learn the english properly while doing the codes & stuff.

definitely you as well as your native country are lucky that you're staying overseas.......

haha typing mistakes ....... nice one anyway ......

couger
April 9, 2005, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by Arnab
I don't think our country's IT professionals are less talented at all.

Our management is probably horrible.

Correct. Lets not put our technocrats down, they're not at fault here.

dukha
April 9, 2005, 12:15 PM
18 lakh takar site ...........

couger
April 9, 2005, 12:34 PM

I know man , as we studied from overseas we do the codes and stuff those people in bd they might try to it on Frontpage the easiest way .. It taked time as our Country's IT proffessionals are not that good ........ Specially the ones staying in our country but we are lucky to stay in Overseas . It will be up but they don't know when .........

:up:

Orpheus
April 9, 2005, 04:36 PM

Ek jon er thike arekjon smart beshi :p Funny post!

Edited on, April 9, 2005, 9:37 PM GMT, by Orpheus.

Rubu
April 9, 2005, 06:03 PM
the name could also be : bcb.bd.gov or bcb.gov

reverse_swing
April 9, 2005, 06:16 PM
BCB has nothing to do with government. Domain name .gov is only reserved for US government agencies. It should be ........bd

Edited on, April 9, 2005, 11:31 PM GMT, by reverse_swing.
Reason: correction:US

Arnab
April 9, 2005, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by AgentSmith
the name could also be : bcb.bd.gov or bcb.gov

.gov suffix is restricted for US governmental agencies only.

Edited on, April 9, 2005, 11:22 PM GMT, by Arnab.

guy_zin
April 9, 2005, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by Orpheus

Ek jon er thike arekjon smart beshi :p Funny post!

Edited on, April 9, 2005, 9:37 PM GMT, by Orpheus.

.....tobe apnio bhai besh smart..smart like a monkey( ei karonei ki apni monkey mood e thaken?)

DotBall
April 9, 2005, 09:46 PM
Funny isn't it ? It doesn't take long as we know that all our talents in overseas but those people are in Bangladesh they might not be as talented as us , It would be for a while ...........

I think people in Bangladesh are well equipt with knowledge to put together a functional website. I bet it is the design and unwanted suggestions from BCB officials and other matbors are boggin it down.
I looked at the Football Federation's website and it looks like someone's personal website and lacking professionalism and imagination, other than that it looks great (at least they have a website running unlike BCB).

Carte Blanche
April 10, 2005, 01:04 AM

Sorry, couldn't help it :)

guy_zin
April 10, 2005, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by Carte Blanche

Sorry, couldn't help it :)

:embaressed:

Tehsin
April 10, 2005, 04:17 PM
It doesn't take an IT person to create a website. All you need is some knowledge of html/php/java. I can say this with confidence that there are LOADS of kids (yep, kids. you don't need pros but it would help) in Bangladesh who can set up a great site for BCB.

Dude, you need to learn to respect your own roots. Maybe that'll help you with your own self-esteem issues.

April 11, 2005, 01:13 AM
Ahhh!
Don't be so angry.
They r trying hard.
Trust me, the banner " Coming Soon" will change into "leaving soon", but they will need some time for that as well.

AsifTheManRahman
April 11, 2005, 09:28 AM

dukha mia,

whatever did you try to mean by that post? you don't need "talent" to learn simple website design. like tehsin bhai said, even a kid in BD could do that - i personally know of many examples.

Tokai
April 12, 2005, 02:04 PM
yeah, talent in people of western world chuiya chuiya poray and in eastern world hariken lagayao khuiza payao jai na.

also, what is there about designing a website and talent?

i can even design an "up and running" website without a computer:cool: