PDA

View Full Version : BCB to award cricketers thru' SMS votes

reverse_swing
April 9, 2005, 01:25 PM
Sports Reporter

The Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) has decided to award national cricketers in five categories for the year 2004-05.

The national selectors led by Faruque Ahmed chose three nominees for each category based on their performances from last year's Bangladesh tour of the West Indies to the historic home series against Zimbabwe in January.

The nominees are: Habibul Bashar, Khaled Mashud and Mohammad Rafique (Cricketer of the Year Award); Nafees Iqbal, Aftab Ahmed and Enamul Haque (Best Emerging Cricketer); Habibul Bashar, Mohammad Ashraful and Nafees Iqbal (Best Batsman); Enamul Haque, Mohammad Rafique and Mashrafee-Bin-Mortuza (Best Bowler) and Khaled Mashud, Khaled Mahmud and Mohammad Rafique (Best All-rounder).

Mahbub Anam, BCB advisor and chairman of the cricket operations, disclosed this at a press conference yesterday.

The BCB said the public would be encouraged to take part through an SMS-based poll to determine the winners.

In order to vote, a GrameenPhone subscriber has to send an SMS to a number (2233). SMS from other networks will not be accepted. The charge for SMS is Tk 2.

Voting begins on April 11 and will continue until April 28. The award ceremony will be held on April 30 at the Sonargaon Hotel.

Four BCB sponsors -- GrameenPhone, Sonargaon Hotel, Partex Group and Global Online -- will provide the money for the awardees, who will each receive 1,000 dollars.

-Dailystar

Shehwar
April 9, 2005, 01:33 PM
good idea!

Samir
April 10, 2005, 06:50 PM
Khaled Masud nominated for best allrounder??:yawn:

ialbd
April 10, 2005, 07:46 PM
I guess wicket keeping is also counted as an all-rounder's trait....

But probably Rafiq will get that over Mashud, and I really hope next year we'll have a new all-rounder in the list....... Mashrafee (Banglar Flintoff:lol:)

Edited on, April 11, 2005, 12:46 AM GMT, by ialbd.
________
Dodge C Series History (http://www.dodge-wiki.com/wiki/Dodge_C_Series)

dukha
April 11, 2005, 03:50 AM
Originally posted by ialbd
I guess wicket keeping is also counted as an all-rounder's trait....

But probably Rafiq will get that over Mashud, and I really hope next year we'll have a new all-rounder in the list....... Mashrafee (Banglar Flintoff:lol:)

Edited on, April 11, 2005, 12:46 AM GMT, by ialbd.

Who else ? Except .............. Mashrafe .......... Tapash aar Shahdat gotta be openning bowlers .