PDA

View Full Version : BCB in a hurry (from New Age)

mahbubH
April 10, 2005, 01:58 PM
The high officials of the Bangladesh Cricket Board are trying to persuade national coach Dav Whatmore to sign a fresh agreement within two or three days, informed a BCB adviser to New Age on Sunday.
‘We want to complete the agreement as soon as possible and we hope we will be able to divulge the details of the agreement to media within two days.
‘The agreement should be completed quickly because it will help Whatmore to concentrate on our national team more,’ said the adviser.
The team will leave the country in the first week of the next month, so the BCB must complete the deal well ahead of the England tour.
‘Already many people have been commenting on this issue especially some from the Indian media.
‘So it can cause a problem for us and harm the wonderful relation between the BCB and Whatmore. So the BCB wants a quick solution of this issue,’ added the adviser.

Sham
April 10, 2005, 02:40 PM
I hope the BCB is successful! It does seem like they are getting a little nervous with all this India talk! If the negotiations between the BCB and Whatmore are complete, they should pressure him to sign as quickly as possible.

On a related note, when is India expected to announce a new coach? If they do it within a few days, then fine. But if India takes another month to decide, surely Whatmore will not drag his feet with the BCB till then! That will be unprofessional, given that we will be on the verge of the England tour at that point.

Edited on, April 10, 2005, 7:44 PM GMT, by Sham.

mahbubH
April 10, 2005, 02:52 PM
>> On a related note, when is India expected to announce a new coach?

End of this month (according to last media report).

DW's position is clear. If he gets INDIA job he will leave and if he does not he will stay. So I think BCB has to wait till India decide!!

mahbubH
April 10, 2005, 03:49 PM
Greg Chappell, Dav Whatmore, Dean Jones and Tom Moody are being spoken of as the possible successor. Well, Whatmore — who has worked with Sri Lanka and is currently with Bangladesh — could emerge the frontrunner.

-Daily Telegraph (Kolkata)

feisal
April 10, 2005, 11:57 PM
i guess GS Chappell has to say no first.. but who knows WHAT is actually happening..

TigerFan
April 11, 2005, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by sports_fan_bd
DW's position is clear. If he gets INDIA job he will leave and if he does not he will stay. So I think BCB has to wait till India decide!!

If this is true, we should start to look for new coach already.

Sam
April 11, 2005, 01:31 AM
Originally posted by TigerFan
Originally posted by sports_fan_bd

If this is true, we should start to look for new coach already.
May we know the source which confirms DW's stand as mentioned here, please?

mahbubH
April 11, 2005, 01:48 AM
>> May we know the source which confirms DW's stand as mentioned here, please?

Cannot we conclude that from the media reports, e.g. BBC?

PoorFan
April 11, 2005, 02:22 AM
Usually both party decide whether they renew or continue the contract before a month of expire, because taking over proceedings and staff need to be done during this last month.
So it seems unusual to me that BCB and Whatmore yet to sign the renewal of contract when it's going to expire at the end of this month. In that sense, what will happen if Whatmore decide to leave at the end of this month? How do they manage the taking over proceedings and staff? Who will take care of our coach during the crucial English tour? ( if we don't find any good coach by then ) BCB should make the terms and conditions on renewal or expire of a contract, considering on taking over proceedings and period I think.

Banglar Chasha
April 11, 2005, 02:24 AM
Best Cricketer Of the year ........... "Mohammad Ashraful" ............

akabir77
April 11, 2005, 08:22 AM
I am sure this is a way to increase his salary(dav)...