PDA

View Full Version : Ash is the Best


bdboy
April 11, 2005, 07:08 AM
Ashraful got the the Keya-Bangladesher Khela best player award of the year 2004. Last year's best player Mohammed Rafiq got 213 point which is less then 3 point from Ash(217). Bangladesh's leading sportswritter voted for it.

Mohammed Rafiq won the viewer's choice - where bangla cricket lover vote through internet. All other nominee are far behind from him in this catagory.

3 Cheers for ASH and Rafiq

Source: Bangladesher Khela (http://www.bangladesherkhela.com/default.asp?strrefer=displayocr&straction=headline&iItemID=13005&iCategoryID=1)

Edited on, April 11, 2005, 12:11 PM GMT, by bdboy.

Rubu
April 11, 2005, 07:15 AM
good to know. in this site, me and only another peson argued that ash should get the awad for last year's performance not rafique. i gotta find the link to prove that!

Edited on, April 11, 2005, 3:20 PM GMT, by AgentSmith.

cricket_pagla
April 11, 2005, 10:16 AM
:umm: how Ashraful b-coming best?!
it should be Rafiq! or Murtoza!

Special 1
April 11, 2005, 10:27 AM
RANNNNNNNAAAAA

Mahmood
April 11, 2005, 10:35 AM
Well, it was not peoples' choice. The selected sports journalists voted Ash as the last years best. There other issues journalists considers such as Rafiq already won the previous year.

But Rafiq was still voted number one by the fans.

Rubu
April 11, 2005, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by BBgun
RANNNNNNNAAAAA

quick, quick, cover up your head with a helmet. otherwise u might not even realize when a adhla (half a brick) lands on your head. :lol:

no, even a big fan of rana like me would not say that.

ialbd
April 11, 2005, 12:34 PM
I was watching a channel-I news clip on this award ceremony and the most funny part was Ashraful's dance with singer Asif's song. I found it so hillarious, I wish I could share that with everyone.....
________
Buy Iolite Vaporizer (http://www.vaporshop.com/iolite-vaporizer.html)

dukha
April 11, 2005, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by ialbd
I was watching a channel-I news clip on this award ceremony and the most funny part was Ashraful's dance with singer Asif's song. I found it so hillarious, I wish I could share that with everyone.....


"Asif" said , Ashraful is a good dancer so he had to dance anyway .

Edited on, April 12, 2005, 2:27 AM GMT, by dukha.

PoorFan
April 11, 2005, 09:01 PM
Wish to see Pilot get something honorable.....

cricket_pagol
April 12, 2005, 03:30 AM
I am a huge fan of ASh but i don't think he deserved the award. One of two good innings does not justify "Best Sportman of the year" award even though that innings was exceptional and can be considered a turning point for BD cricket. I think we are spoiling Ashraful!

dukha
April 12, 2005, 08:33 AM
he has got 40.26 in the test's last year . Who else ya think ? That's his avg last year itself ........

Ahmed_B
April 12, 2005, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by ialbd
I was watching a channel-I news clip on this award ceremony and the most funny part was Ashraful's dance with singer Asif's song. I found it so hillarious, I wish I could share that with everyone.....
Saw it.... so I know wht u r talking about!
I had to change the channel when he was doing that!
:duh:

oracle
April 12, 2005, 09:56 AM
Coolness
Did'nt see the programme but I did'nt need to stretch my imagination that far.
I would highly recommend , if you ever get the chance, i.e, to see the Bangladesh team and the West Indies team side by side in a relaxed mood or taking a drinks break. I mean it will give you a snapshot of how uncool some BD players are. I would especially recommend seeing Tino Best next to Manjural Rana... just standing, i.e:D

BTW- Pilot is fine in this respect but the others should just play cricket and shigirii kore ghusal niye hotele bhagbe..



Edited on, April 12, 2005, 2:59 PM GMT, by oracle.

Fazal
April 12, 2005, 05:45 PM
"best player award of the year 2004" already? He did ok but.....

Akhon Matitee Pa porlee Hoy.

now how many years do ahve to wait for his next century? :-/

RazabQ
April 12, 2005, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by dukha
he has got 40.26 in the test's last year . Who else ya think ? That's his avg last year itself ........

I think dukha makes an excellent point there. Dukha, do you want to dig up the international averages for other BD players and show where Ash fits in?

I hadn't realized Ash's average last year was 40 something! dayamn!

Zunaid
April 12, 2005, 06:26 PM
Look at Bashar's stats:

<table border="1" bordercolor="silver" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" width="90%"> <tr> <td class="TableHeadingLeft"> Year </td> <td class="TableHeadingRight"> M </td> <td class="TableHeadingRight"> Inns </td> <td class="TableHeadingRight"> NO </td> <td class="TableHeadingRight"> 50s </td> <td class="TableHeadingRight"> 100s </td> <td class="TableHeadingRight"> HS </td> <td class="TableHeadingRight"> Runs </td> <td class="TableHeadingRight"> Avg </td> <td class="TableHeadingRight"> Ca </td> <td class="TableHeadingRight"> St </td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#FFF8DC"> <td align="left" > <a class="LinkNormal" href="PlayerProgressBat.asp?PlayerId=2235&Year=2000">2000</a> </td> <td align="right" > 1 </td> <td align="right" > 2 </td> <td align="right" > 0 </td> <td align="right" > 1 </td> <td align="right" > 0 </td> <td align="right" > 71 </td> <td align="right" > 101 </td> <td align="right" > 50.50 </td> <td align="right" > 0 </td> <td align="right" > 0 </td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#FFDAB9"> <td align="left" > <a class="LinkNormal" href="PlayerProgressBat.asp?PlayerId=2235&Year=2001">2001</a> </td> <td align="right" > 8 </td> <td align="right" > 16 </td> <td align="right" > 1 </td> <td align="right" > 6 </td> <td align="right" > 1 </td> <td align="right" > 108 </td> <td align="right" > 605 </td> <td align="right" > 40.33 </td> <td align="right" > 5 </td> <td align="right" > 0 </td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#FFF8DC"> <td align="left" > <a class="LinkNormal" href="PlayerProgressBat.asp?PlayerId=2235&Year=2002">2002</a> </td> <td align="right" > 8 </td> <td align="right" > 16 </td> <td align="right" > 0 </td> <td align="right" > 2 </td> <td align="right" > 0 </td> <td align="right" > 53 </td> <td align="right" > 333 </td> <td align="right" > 20.81 </td> <td align="right" > 5 </td> <td align="right" > 0 </td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#FFDAB9"> <td align="left" > <a class="LinkNormal" href="PlayerProgressBat.asp?PlayerId=2235&Year=2003">2003</a> </td> <td align="right" > 9 </td> <td align="right" > 18 </td> <td align="right" > 0 </td> <td align="right" > 7 </td> <td align="right" > 1 </td> <td align="right" > 108 </td> <td align="right" > 801 </td> <td align="right" > 44.50 </td> <td align="right" > 1 </td> <td align="right" > 0 </td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#FFF8DC"> <td align="left" > <a class="LinkNormal" href="PlayerProgressBat.asp?PlayerId=2235&Year=2004">2004</a> </td> <td align="right" > 6 </td> <td align="right" > 11 </td> <td align="right" > 0 </td> <td align="right" > 1 </td> <td align="right" > 1 </td> <td align="right" > 113 </td> <td align="right" > 298 </td> <td align="right" > 27.09 </td> <td align="right" > 6 </td> <td align="right" > 0 </td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#FFDAB9"> <td align="left" > <a class="LinkNormal" href="PlayerProgressBat.asp?PlayerId=2235&Year=2005">2005</a> </td> <td align="right" > 2 </td> <td align="right" > 4 </td> <td align="right" > 0 </td> <td align="right" > 2 </td> <td align="right" > 0 </td> <td align="right" > 94 </td> <td align="right" > 161 </td> <td align="right" > 40.25 </td> <td align="right" > 1 </td> <td align="right" > 0 </td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#FFF8DC"> <td align="left" class="BoldFace" > Overall (6) </td> <td align="right" class="BoldFace" > 34 </td> <td align="right" class="BoldFace" > 67 </td> <td align="right" class="BoldFace" > 1 </td> <td align="right" class="BoldFace" > 19 </td> <td align="right" class="BoldFace" > 3 </td> <td align="right" class="BoldFace" > 113 </td> <td align="right" class="BoldFace" > 2299 </td> <td align="right" class="BoldFace" > 34.83 </td> <td align="right" class="BoldFace" > 18 </td> <td align="right" class="BoldFace" > 0 </td> </tr> </table>

Zunaid
April 12, 2005, 06:29 PM
Ash's Stats:

<table border="1" bordercolor="silver" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" width="90%"> <tr> <td class="TableHeadingLeft"> Year </td> <td class="TableHeadingRight"> M </td> <td class="TableHeadingRight"> Inns </td> <td class="TableHeadingRight"> NO </td> <td class="TableHeadingRight"> 50s </td> <td class="TableHeadingRight"> 100s </td> <td class="TableHeadingRight"> HS </td> <td class="TableHeadingRight"> Runs </td> <td class="TableHeadingRight"> Avg </td> <td class="TableHeadingRight"> Ca </td> <td class="TableHeadingRight"> St </td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#FFF8DC"> <td align="left" > <a class="LinkNormal" href="PlayerProgressBat.asp?PlayerId=2964&Year=2001">2001</a> </td> <td align="right" > 5 </td> <td align="right" > 10 </td> <td align="right" > 1 </td> <td align="right" > 0 </td> <td align="right" > 1 </td> <td align="right" > 114 </td> <td align="right" > 211 </td> <td align="right" > 23.44 </td> <td align="right" > 0 </td> <td align="right" > 0 </td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#FFDAB9"> <td align="left" > <a class="LinkNormal" href="PlayerProgressBat.asp?PlayerId=2964&Year=2002">2002</a> </td> <td align="right" > 4 </td> <td align="right" > 8 </td> <td align="right" > 0 </td> <td align="right" > 1 </td> <td align="right" > 0 </td> <td align="right" > 75 </td> <td align="right" > 174 </td> <td align="right" > 21.75 </td> <td align="right" > 0 </td> <td align="right" > 0 </td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#FFF8DC"> <td align="left" > <a class="LinkNormal" href="PlayerProgressBat.asp?PlayerId=2964&Year=2003">2003</a> </td> <td align="right" > 6 </td> <td align="right" > 12 </td> <td align="right" > 0 </td> <td align="right" > 1 </td> <td align="right" > 0 </td> <td align="right" > 77 </td> <td align="right" > 207 </td> <td align="right" > 17.25 </td> <td align="right" > 3 </td> <td align="right" > 0 </td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#FFDAB9"> <td align="left" > <a class="LinkNormal" href="PlayerProgressBat.asp?PlayerId=2964&Year=2004">2004</a> </td> <td align="right" > 8 </td> <td align="right" > 15 </td> <td align="right" > 2 </td> <td align="right" > 4 </td> <td align="right" > 1 </td> <td align="right" > *158 </td> <td align="right" > 520 </td> <td align="right" > 40.00 </td> <td align="right" > 0 </td> <td align="right" > 0 </td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#FFF8DC"> <td align="left" > <a class="LinkNormal" href="PlayerProgressBat.asp?PlayerId=2964&Year=2005">2005</a> </td> <td align="right" > 2 </td> <td align="right" > 4 </td> <td align="right" > 0 </td> <td align="right" > 0 </td> <td align="right" > 0 </td> <td align="right" > 22 </td> <td align="right" > 49 </td> <td align="right" > 12.25 </td> <td align="right" > 3 </td> <td align="right" > 0 </td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#FFDAB9"> <td align="left" class="BoldFace" > Overall (5) </td> <td align="right" class="BoldFace" > 25 </td> <td align="right" class="BoldFace" > 49 </td> <td align="right" class="BoldFace" > 3 </td> <td align="right" class="BoldFace" > 6 </td> <td align="right" class="BoldFace" > 2 </td> <td align="right" class="BoldFace" > *158 </td> <td align="right" class="BoldFace" > 1161 </td> <td align="right" class="BoldFace" > 25.24 </td> <td align="right" class="BoldFace" > 6 </td> <td align="right" class="BoldFace" > 0 </td> </tr> </table>

Zunaid
April 12, 2005, 06:31 PM
And compare with Rafique:

<table border="1" bordercolor="silver" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" width="90%"> <tr> <td class="TableHeadingLeft"> Year </td> <td class="TableHeadingRight"> M </td> <td class="TableHeadingRight"> Inns </td> <td class="TableHeadingRight"> NO </td> <td class="TableHeadingRight"> 50s </td> <td class="TableHeadingRight"> 100s </td> <td class="TableHeadingRight"> HS </td> <td class="TableHeadingRight"> Runs </td> <td class="TableHeadingRight"> Avg </td> <td class="TableHeadingRight"> Ca </td> <td class="TableHeadingRight"> St </td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#FFF8DC"> <td align="left" > <a class="LinkNormal" href="PlayerProgressBat.asp?PlayerId=2240&Year=2000">2000</a> </td> <td align="right" > 1 </td> <td align="right" > 2 </td> <td align="right" > 0 </td> <td align="right" > 0 </td> <td align="right" > 0 </td> <td align="right" > 22 </td> <td align="right" > 26 </td> <td align="right" > 13.00 </td> <td align="right" > 1 </td> <td align="right" > 0 </td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#FFDAB9"> <td align="left" > <a class="LinkNormal" href="PlayerProgressBat.asp?PlayerId=2240&Year=2002">2002</a> </td> <td align="right" > 1 </td> <td align="right" > 2 </td> <td align="right" > 1 </td> <td align="right" > 0 </td> <td align="right" > 0 </td> <td align="right" > 19 </td> <td align="right" > 36 </td> <td align="right" > 36.00 </td> <td align="right" > 0 </td> <td align="right" > 0 </td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#FFF8DC"> <td align="left" > <a class="LinkNormal" href="PlayerProgressBat.asp?PlayerId=2240&Year=2003">2003</a> </td> <td align="right" > 6 </td> <td align="right" > 12 </td> <td align="right" > 2 </td> <td align="right" > 0 </td> <td align="right" > 0 </td> <td align="right" > 32 </td> <td align="right" > 107 </td> <td align="right" > 10.70 </td> <td align="right" > 2 </td> <td align="right" > 0 </td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#FFDAB9"> <td align="left" > <a class="LinkNormal" href="PlayerProgressBat.asp?PlayerId=2240&Year=2004">2004</a> </td> <td align="right" > 8 </td> <td align="right" > 15 </td> <td align="right" > 1 </td> <td align="right" > 0 </td> <td align="right" > 1 </td> <td align="right" > 111 </td> <td align="right" > 377 </td> <td align="right" > 26.93 </td> <td align="right" > 3 </td> <td align="right" > 0 </td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#FFF8DC"> <td align="left" > <a class="LinkNormal" href="PlayerProgressBat.asp?PlayerId=2240&Year=2005">2005</a> </td> <td align="right" > 2 </td> <td align="right" > 3 </td> <td align="right" > 1 </td> <td align="right" > 2 </td> <td align="right" > 0 </td> <td align="right" > 69 </td> <td align="right" > 139 </td> <td align="right" > 69.50 </td> <td align="right" > 0 </td> <td align="right" > 0 </td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#FFDAB9"> <td align="left" class="BoldFace" > Overall (5) </td> <td align="right" class="BoldFace" > 18 </td> <td align="right" class="BoldFace" > 34 </td> <td align="right" class="BoldFace" > 5 </td> <td align="right" class="BoldFace" > 2 </td> <td align="right" class="BoldFace" > 1 </td> <td align="right" class="BoldFace" > 111 </td> <td align="right" class="BoldFace" > 685 </td> <td align="right" class="BoldFace" > 23.62 </td> <td align="right" class="BoldFace" > 6 </td> <td align="right" class="BoldFace" > 0 </td> </tr> </table> <br> <div class="TextCrimsonBold10"> Bowling </div> <table border="1" bordercolor="silver" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" width="90%"> <tr> <td class="TableHeadingLeft"> Year </td> <td class="TableHeadingRight"> O </td> <td class="TableHeadingRight"> M </td> <td class="TableHeadingRight"> R </td> <td class="TableHeadingRight"> W </td> <td class="TableHeadingRight"> 5w </td> <td class="TableHeadingRight"> 10w </td> <td class="TableHeadingRight"> Best </td> <td class="TableHeadingRight"> Avg </td> <td class="TableHeadingRight"> S/R </td> <td class="TableHeadingRight"> E/R </td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#FFF8DC"> <td align="left" > <a class="LinkNormal" href="PlayerProgressBowl.asp?PlayerId=2240&Year=2000">2000</a> </td> <td align="right" > 53 </td> <td align="right" > 12 </td> <td align="right" > 120 </td> <td align="right" > 3 </td> <td align="right" > 0 </td> <td align="right" > 0 </td> <td align="right" > 3/117 </td> <td align="right" > 40.00 </td> <td align="right" > 106.00 </td> <td align="right" > 2.26 </td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#FFDAB9"> <td align="left" > <a class="LinkNormal" href="PlayerProgressBowl.asp?PlayerId=2240&Year=2002">2002</a> </td> <td align="right" > 23 </td> <td align="right" > 2 </td> <td align="right" > 85 </td> <td align="right" > 0 </td> <td align="right" > 0 </td> <td align="right" > 0 </td> <td align="right" > &nbsp; </td> <td align="right" > &nbsp; </td> <td align="right" > &nbsp; </td> <td align="right" > 3.70 </td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#FFF8DC"> <td align="left" > <a class="LinkNormal" href="PlayerProgressBowl.asp?PlayerId=2240&Year=2003">2003</a> </td> <td align="right" > 314.5 </td> <td align="right" > 77 </td> <td align="right" > 792 </td> <td align="right" > 33 </td> <td align="right" > 3 </td> <td align="right" > 0 </td> <td align="right" > 6/77 </td> <td align="right" > 24.00 </td> <td align="right" > 57.24 </td> <td align="right" > 2.52 </td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#FFDAB9"> <td align="left" > <a class="LinkNormal" href="PlayerProgressBowl.asp?PlayerId=2240&Year=2004">2004</a> </td> <td align="right" > 380.1 </td> <td align="right" > 77 </td> <td align="right" > 978 </td> <td align="right" > 25 </td> <td align="right" > 1 </td> <td align="right" > 0 </td> <td align="right" > 6/122 </td> <td align="right" > 39.12 </td> <td align="right" > 91.24 </td> <td align="right" > 2.57 </td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#FFF8DC"> <td align="left" > <a class="LinkNormal" href="PlayerProgressBowl.asp?PlayerId=2240&Year=2005">2005</a> </td> <td align="right" > 118.4 </td> <td align="right" > 48 </td> <td align="right" > 221 </td> <td align="right" > 6 </td> <td align="right" > 1 </td> <td align="right" > 0 </td> <td align="right" > 5/65 </td> <td align="right" > 36.83 </td> <td align="right" > 118.67 </td> <td align="right" > 1.86 </td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#FFDAB9"> <td align="left" class="BoldFace" > Overall (5) </td> <td align="right" class="BoldFace" > 889.4 </td> <td align="right" class="BoldFace" > 216 </td> <td align="right" class="BoldFace" > 2196 </td> <td align="right" class="BoldFace" > 67 </td> <td align="right" class="BoldFace" > 5 </td> <td align="right" class="BoldFace" > 0 </td> <td align="right" class="BoldFace" > 6/77 </td> <td align="right" class="BoldFace" > 32.78 </td> <td align="right" class="BoldFace" > 79.67 </td> <td align="right" class="BoldFace" > 2.47 </td> </tr> </table>

Edited on, April 12, 2005, 11:32 PM GMT, by Zunaid.

RazabQ
April 12, 2005, 06:43 PM
Seeing that the award was given for the 2004 season, it would appear that Ashraful deserved his moment on the hardwood :)

Thukku... that last statement wass American colloqualism - what I meant to say is Ashraful deserved his opportunity to dance the victory jig on the Sheraton/Sonargaon ballroom (which would have wooden floors).

Dammit, I like my colloqualisms better :) good digging Z :)

shaoun
April 13, 2005, 12:38 AM
ashraful is very good. he has the ability to dominate any team but the problem is he is very inconsistant specially in odi. his average in odi really sucks. but i believe talent wise he is our best batsman and his plus point is he is very young. lately he has been improving inshallah he can keep it up but i know he has the ability to the one of the best in the world.

dukha
April 13, 2005, 12:53 AM
give him time ...... We know Ashraful doesn't have a good avg in odi's but didn't he make 44 in last odi ...... None of our player having avg over 30.00 in odi .... Give him another 2 years his avg will up and also he wants his both avg round about 40 as he said in cricinfo's interview ,ok .........

bdboy
April 13, 2005, 09:07 AM
Dukha mia, jaao dilam chance akta england tour aa. Dhakhe pare kina...... LOL

dukha
April 13, 2005, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by bdboy
Dukha mia, jaao dilam chance akta england tour aa. Dhakhe pare kina...... LOL

Isn't he still a kid ? Only 20 ...... he said on his interview he is gonna have 40 avg in both forms game by 2 years ..... Good luck to our "Little Master" Still we don't have to worry , we got Nafis , his avg is more than 31.25 already ........ he is gonna be more good in England .

Edited on, April 13, 2005, 2:19 PM GMT, by dukha.

irampool
April 13, 2005, 11:18 AM
Certainly........
Ashraful is one of the best young talents of Bangladesh Cricket.........
But the question is his consistensy..........

[Shamossha ta hoilo, 10 innings kharap kheila 1 innings valo khelle to hobe na]

But I hope for the best....................

pagol-chagol
April 13, 2005, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by Zunaid
Ash's Stats:

<table border="1" bordercolor="silver" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" width="90%"> <tr> <td class="TableHeadingLeft"> Year </td> <td class="TableHeadingRight"> M </td> <td class="TableHeadingRight"> Inns </td> <td class="TableHeadingRight"> NO </td> <td class="TableHeadingRight"> 50s </td> <td class="TableHeadingRight"> 100s </td> <td class="TableHeadingRight"> HS </td> <td class="TableHeadingRight"> Runs </td> <td class="TableHeadingRight"> Avg </td> <td class="TableHeadingRight"> Ca </td> <td class="TableHeadingRight"> St </td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#FFF8DC"> <td align="left" > <a class="LinkNormal" href="PlayerProgressBat.asp?PlayerId=2964&Year=2001">2001</a> </td> <td align="right" > 5 </td> <td align="right" > 10 </td> <td align="right" > 1 </td> <td align="right" > 0 </td> <td align="right" > 1 </td> <td align="right" > 114 </td> <td align="right" > 211 </td> <td align="right" > 23.44 </td> <td align="right" > 0 </td> <td align="right" > 0 </td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#FFDAB9"> <td align="left" > <a class="LinkNormal" href="PlayerProgressBat.asp?PlayerId=2964&Year=2002">2002</a> </td> <td align="right" > 4 </td> <td align="right" > 8 </td> <td align="right" > 0 </td> <td align="right" > 1 </td> <td align="right" > 0 </td> <td align="right" > 75 </td> <td align="right" > 174 </td> <td align="right" > 21.75 </td> <td align="right" > 0 </td> <td align="right" > 0 </td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#FFF8DC"> <td align="left" > <a class="LinkNormal" href="PlayerProgressBat.asp?PlayerId=2964&Year=2003">2003</a> </td> <td align="right" > 6 </td> <td align="right" > 12 </td> <td align="right" > 0 </td> <td align="right" > 1 </td> <td align="right" > 0 </td> <td align="right" > 77 </td> <td align="right" > 207 </td> <td align="right" > 17.25 </td> <td align="right" > 3 </td> <td align="right" > 0 </td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#FFDAB9"> <td align="left" > <a class="LinkNormal" href="PlayerProgressBat.asp?PlayerId=2964&Year=2004">2004</a> </td> <td align="right" > 8 </td> <td align="right" > 15 </td> <td align="right" > 2 </td> <td align="right" > 4 </td> <td align="right" > 1 </td> <td align="right" > *158 </td> <td align="right" > 520 </td> <td align="right" > 40.00 </td> <td align="right" > 0 </td> <td align="right" > 0 </td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#FFF8DC"> <td align="left" > <a class="LinkNormal" href="PlayerProgressBat.asp?PlayerId=2964&Year=2005">2005</a> </td> <td align="right" > 2 </td> <td align="right" > 4 </td> <td align="right" > 0 </td> <td align="right" > 0 </td> <td align="right" > 0 </td> <td align="right" > 22 </td> <td align="right" > 49 </td> <td align="right" > 12.25 </td> <td align="right" > 3 </td> <td align="right" > 0 </td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#FFDAB9"> <td align="left" class="BoldFace" > Overall (5) </td> <td align="right" class="BoldFace" > 25 </td> <td align="right" class="BoldFace" > 49 </td> <td align="right" class="BoldFace" > 3 </td> <td align="right" class="BoldFace" > 6 </td> <td align="right" class="BoldFace" > 2 </td> <td align="right" class="BoldFace" > *158 </td> <td align="right" class="BoldFace" > 1161 </td> <td align="right" class="BoldFace" > 25.24 </td> <td align="right" class="BoldFace" > 6 </td> <td align="right" class="BoldFace" > 0 </td> </tr> </table>

If you take out that monumental inning when he was possessed by the ghost of Brian Lara his aveage was below 28 in 2004.

pagol-chagol
April 13, 2005, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by Zunaid
Look at Bashar's stats:

<table border="1" bordercolor="silver" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" width="90%"> <tr> <td class="TableHeadingLeft"> Year </td> <td class="TableHeadingRight"> M </td> <td class="TableHeadingRight"> Inns </td> <td class="TableHeadingRight"> NO </td> <td class="TableHeadingRight"> 50s </td> <td class="TableHeadingRight"> 100s </td> <td class="TableHeadingRight"> HS </td> <td class="TableHeadingRight"> Runs </td> <td class="TableHeadingRight"> Avg </td> <td class="TableHeadingRight"> Ca </td> <td class="TableHeadingRight"> St </td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#FFF8DC"> <td align="left" > <a class="LinkNormal" href="PlayerProgressBat.asp?PlayerId=2235&Year=2000">2000</a> </td> <td align="right" > 1 </td> <td align="right" > 2 </td> <td align="right" > 0 </td> <td align="right" > 1 </td> <td align="right" > 0 </td> <td align="right" > 71 </td> <td align="right" > 101 </td> <td align="right" > 50.50 </td> <td align="right" > 0 </td> <td align="right" > 0 </td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#FFDAB9"> <td align="left" > <a class="LinkNormal" href="PlayerProgressBat.asp?PlayerId=2235&Year=2001">2001</a> </td> <td align="right" > 8 </td> <td align="right" > 16 </td> <td align="right" > 1 </td> <td align="right" > 6 </td> <td align="right" > 1 </td> <td align="right" > 108 </td> <td align="right" > 605 </td> <td align="right" > 40.33 </td> <td align="right" > 5 </td> <td align="right" > 0 </td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#FFF8DC"> <td align="left" > <a class="LinkNormal" href="PlayerProgressBat.asp?PlayerId=2235&Year=2002">2002</a> </td> <td align="right" > 8 </td> <td align="right" > 16 </td> <td align="right" > 0 </td> <td align="right" > 2 </td> <td align="right" > 0 </td> <td align="right" > 53 </td> <td align="right" > 333 </td> <td align="right" > 20.81 </td> <td align="right" > 5 </td> <td align="right" > 0 </td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#FFDAB9"> <td align="left" > <a class="LinkNormal" href="PlayerProgressBat.asp?PlayerId=2235&Year=2003">2003</a> </td> <td align="right" > 9 </td> <td align="right" > 18 </td> <td align="right" > 0 </td> <td align="right" > 7 </td> <td align="right" > 1 </td> <td align="right" > 108 </td> <td align="right" > 801 </td> <td align="right" > 44.50 </td> <td align="right" > 1 </td> <td align="right" > 0 </td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#FFF8DC"> <td align="left" > <a class="LinkNormal" href="PlayerProgressBat.asp?PlayerId=2235&Year=2004">2004</a> </td> <td align="right" > 6 </td> <td align="right" > 11 </td> <td align="right" > 0 </td> <td align="right" > 1 </td> <td align="right" > 1 </td> <td align="right" > 113 </td> <td align="right" > 298 </td> <td align="right" > 27.09 </td> <td align="right" > 6 </td> <td align="right" > 0 </td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#FFDAB9"> <td align="left" > <a class="LinkNormal" href="PlayerProgressBat.asp?PlayerId=2235&Year=2005">2005</a> </td> <td align="right" > 2 </td> <td align="right" > 4 </td> <td align="right" > 0 </td> <td align="right" > 2 </td> <td align="right" > 0 </td> <td align="right" > 94 </td> <td align="right" > 161 </td> <td align="right" > 40.25 </td> <td align="right" > 1 </td> <td align="right" > 0 </td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#FFF8DC"> <td align="left" class="BoldFace" > Overall (6) </td> <td align="right" class="BoldFace" > 34 </td> <td align="right" class="BoldFace" > 67 </td> <td align="right" class="BoldFace" > 1 </td> <td align="right" class="BoldFace" > 19 </td> <td align="right" class="BoldFace" > 3 </td> <td align="right" class="BoldFace" > 113 </td> <td align="right" class="BoldFace" > 2299 </td> <td align="right" class="BoldFace" > 34.83 </td> <td align="right" class="BoldFace" > 18 </td> <td align="right" class="BoldFace" > 0 </td> </tr> </table>


Bashar is more amazing than I thought he was. Thanks.

AsifTheManRahman
April 14, 2005, 11:39 AM
Bashar, according to this table, is one of the most consistent batsmen in the side (or perhaps the only consistent one?). Ash's records in the last year have been largely exaggerated by that 158* cameo, but since nobody else has done anything as great in the last year (other than rafique, but he got the award the year before), and since that particular inning was a rare gem, i guess i'll say the nomination was fair enough.

Edited on, April 14, 2005, 4:39 PM GMT, by AsifTheManRahman.

Desh Bangla
April 26, 2005, 02:54 PM
Ashraful said in the interview he gonna have a hundred at Lord's can he ?

Mr-khan
April 26, 2005, 02:56 PM
Desh Bangla apner oe formula follow korle parbe ;)

FaltuRidwanBhai
April 26, 2005, 06:51 PM
well ashraful has the talent to score hundred in lords. he just needs to be more patient. he can. this guy is great. unfortunately stat just doesnt work towards him. hopefully it will show it after a couple of years.

tanvir_nus
April 26, 2005, 07:14 PM
Forget the stats, we will create history.... and just like the cricket analysts and pandits said that the bouncy wickets of west indies and bowlers like Tino Best and LawlessSon will steamroll us over we are expected to be beaten by swing and pace in the seamer friendly tracks in England. But we did have the West-Indians on run and we did manage to get the respect of Aussies. What remains is a result. I am not going to be happy with just a draw or a respected defeat, it's time to win. England it will be. I think everyone knows something's gonna happen this time. :fanflag:........

shaoun
April 26, 2005, 08:04 PM
i dont know how good of a dancer ashraful is but he is a great batsman. the good news is he is getting better. after bashar i think he is our second best batsman. talent wise he is away ahead of everyone else. he can play shots all around. we see our other players that are good at playing one of two kind of shots but ashraful can play all kind of shots. what he needs is more practice and i know he will be one of the top batsman in the world.

FaltuRidwanBhai
April 26, 2005, 08:52 PM
yeah this guy surely will be a class batsman in the future. actually the problem that our talented players is that they do not get to play much international matches which is why they cant improve much. for example indian or pakistani players continously plays ODI matches which gives them time to improve. but it is true that we play more matches than we used to play before. so this is always a good sign. another thing is that our batsman actually do not even get to play good bolers during leagues like the NCL. if we have more quality bolers in this kinds of league then they will improve. this is why we saw players like shejan coming into the team and also faisal. because they got a lot of runs in the league matches true but that was not against class bolers. that was the main problem. i think it is not a bad idea to bring some foreign players in the league. one way it is bad because what happens is the big teams then keeps on concentrating to bring foreign star players who then helps them to win all the matches. but it is also good because then the other players learns from them.

Hasib
April 26, 2005, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by Desh Bangla
Ashraful said in the interview he gonna have a hundred at Lord's can he ?

becoz he is predicting a hundred at lord's.... im predicting he is goin to fail...

feel free to bring this post back up if he does get a hundred... (and i hope u do get that opportunity!!!!0

Desh Bangla
April 26, 2005, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by tanvir_nus
Forget the stats, we will create history.... and just like the cricket analysts and pandits said that the bouncy wickets of west indies and bowlers like Tino Best and LawlessSon will steamroll us over we are expected to be beaten by swing and pace in the seamer friendly tracks in England. But we did have the West-Indians on run and we did manage to get the respect of Aussies. What remains is a result. I am not going to be happy with just a draw or a respected defeat, it's time to win. England it will be. I think everyone knows something's gonna happen this time. :fanflag:........

haha Tanvir bhai that's the spirit what we need right now . We all want a win against the 2nd test ranking test team in the world . Who the hell cares ? It's hard but not impossible . Mind it , they will be over confiedent and that can be our biggest benefit ............. We all want a win it's time to win , When ya dream then dream big .If we think about win then atleast we make a draw ........... for sure .......... Time to give them w shock . In odi's mind one thing give our confiedence England ranks 7 we have beaten number 8 already which is India ............

FaltuRidwanBhai
April 27, 2005, 12:19 AM
yes thats the spirit. we beat a team which has worlds best batsman tendulkar in it. but there is no class player as tendulkar in england. moreover in ODI anything is possible. because its just a days match and a day can be good for either side. it can be our day too. and if it is then there u go. we are the winners. i know it is hard and unrealistic. but yeah why not dream. after all life is full of dreams. why not add another big dream.

tanvir_nus
April 27, 2005, 12:31 AM
:bravo: That's the spirit.....Don't worry about losing. I think the English team has everything to lose, when we have everything to win. 1 month from now lords test will be in the second day and Ashraful is batting on 91 not out and Rafique on 44. Bangladesh 489 for 7. Bangladesh about to declare. They are just waiting for ashraful's century. Can he get it?:fire::fire:

FaltuRidwanBhai
April 27, 2005, 12:37 AM
i wish this really becomes true. :fanflag::fanflag:

Rubayed
April 27, 2005, 02:36 AM
Originally posted by tanvir_nus
:bravo: That's the spirit.....Don't worry about losing. I think the English team has everything to lose, when we have everything to win. 1 month from now lords test will be in the second day and Ashraful is batting on 91 not out and Rafique on 44. Bangladesh 489 for 7. Bangladesh about to declare. They are just waiting for ashraful's century. Can he get it?:fire::fire:
Apnar mukhe ful chondon!;):great:

Bangla amar Maa
May 17, 2005, 04:02 PM
I still say : He is the Best and bottom line is : He can't be replaced by anyone by any cost ....... Just watch his stats last year .........

Edited on, May 17, 2005, 9:20 PM GMT, by Bangla amar Maa.

Fazal
May 17, 2005, 04:05 PM
Yea Ash is the best. He cannot be replaced one way or other. Therefore instead of kicking him out of the team, just kick him in the rear and let him play.... may be this kick may do wonder in his brain... after all mairer upore kissu nai.

Edited on, May 17, 2005, 9:06 PM GMT, by Fazal.

shovon13
May 17, 2005, 04:07 PM
hahahahaha

cricket_pagol
May 17, 2005, 04:33 PM
Congrats to "Bangla amar Maa", "Dukha", and "desh bangla" for having one identity but posting in the same thread with three unique names. Well, I must say that he is an honest guy because his views has not changed with his identity.

amim
May 17, 2005, 11:25 PM
what's the point though.

Rabz
May 18, 2005, 04:26 AM
one "good" innings doesnt make anyone great...

yeah..yeah...yeah..may be he (ASH) is a batting genius...may be he is a future...

but im just getting tired of all these MAY BE's and WHAT IF's...

a century in every 3 years doesnt make u a genius..
if you play a test evey now and then..u r gonna make a century anyway...everyone has thier day...

stop calling him a genius..
we need to bring him down to earth...

he is lucky that he is a bangladeshi..cuz he gets the chance to play every test...

but at the same time..he is reallly reallly unlucky to be a bangladeshi...cuz if he was from somewhere else , eg, australia or england..they know how to make use of that talent and would have made him a really good player...

so... he is in a loose-loose situation...

only he can change it...
and lets hope for that...for his and for our own sake...

Ahmed_B
May 18, 2005, 04:58 AM
This award that ash got was for 'Best player of 2004'...
But some of us have asked whether he can be called 'the best' (among the whole group) or not!..

Wrong standpoint... isn't it?

Edited on, May 18, 2005, 10:03 AM GMT, by crickethorizon.

PoorFan
May 18, 2005, 05:06 AM
"Next century is coming soon (in Zim series)" is the best.
"I will hit every bad ball no matter what" is the best.

There must be more......

Sorry
May 18, 2005, 08:33 AM
team like bd should not give award like this "best player award of the year 2004" because no bd players have achieved anything significant that counts. instead, the award should be named e.g. " most improving player of the year" or " most discipline player of the year". it will help players not to develop ego and self pride.
or more cynically, the award could be " best inconsistent player of the year" which i find the closest to the reality. what i am suggesting is that because there are not many good performer in bd team , in fact,many bad performer, it will be easier to find bad one and will encourage players not to compete for this award.