PDA

View Full Version : U-19s start mission today

mahbubH
April 11, 2005, 01:43 PM
Bangladesh Under-19 cricket team will start their mission by the match against Australia Under-19 team at the Allan Border Field today. The team will play 10 one-day matches as part of their preparation for the Under-19 World Cup to be in Sri Lanka next year. Before the departure of the team, captain Mushfiqur Rahim told New Age he was confident of beating the home sides. Australia Under-19 team lost to Bangladesh when they met last time in the Under-19 World Cup last year in Bangladesh. Bangladesh will play the next match against the same team at the same venue tomorrow. They also will play some matches against the provincial teams later in the month.
ó New Age

fab
April 11, 2005, 06:09 PM
It's raining here today and no sign of clearing up.

fab
April 11, 2005, 08:20 PM
Just called the venue and spoke with the umpire who said the ground is still very wet. The boys are at the Gabba practicing in the indoor nets apparently. If it dries up a bit, they may play a 20/20 game after lunch. But at this stage we may need to wait till tmrw for some action.

dukha
April 11, 2005, 08:28 PM
That's a good news ....... But which site is providing info of u-19 i can't find it anywhere. Please inform us ,,,,,,,,,,,

Edited on, April 12, 2005, 1:31 AM GMT, by dukha.

PoorFan
April 11, 2005, 08:55 PM
Just called the venue and spoke with the umpire who said the ground is still very wet.
Very disappointing. Wish them a successful tour.:flag:

dukha
April 11, 2005, 09:40 PM
How we get the score ? What's the score anyway ?

fab
April 11, 2005, 11:09 PM
Okay just a quick update. I went to the field during my lunch break and had a chat with the coach. The pitch is wet so the boys were having some trouble.

The game will be a 30 over match. BD lost the toss and are batting first. The score was (when i left the field) 3/30 after 10 overs:

Rakibul Hasan 0
Nazmul Sadat 9
Shamsur Rahman 2
Marshall not out 5
Mazaruddin (?) not out 1

Please excuse any spelling mistakes...

Anyhow, coach said he'd try to log on tonight and give us an update :)

bourny3
April 11, 2005, 11:16 PM
who coach McInness. Is he going to stay in Aus after this tour.

dukha
April 11, 2005, 11:22 PM
Who is Marshal in bangladesh team ? tell the coach to put it on Baggygreen.com.au

mahbubH
April 12, 2005, 12:27 AM
>> Okay just a quick update. I went to the field during my lunch break and had a chat with the coach.

Thanks for the update. Is it possible for you to call someone in the ground to update the score?

fab
April 12, 2005, 12:42 AM
Just called them and no answer. Sorry. BTW, not sure why the results should be posted on baggygreen as these aren't official games!

dukha
April 12, 2005, 03:26 AM
Originally posted by fab
Just called them and no answer. Sorry. BTW, not sure why the results should be posted on baggygreen as these aren't official games!

haha very funny , then how we gonna know the score anyway ?

observer
April 12, 2005, 05:36 AM
update from todaż's match.

Afte rain in the morning, we decided to play a 30 over match. Australia won the toss and elected to bowl on a very soft wicket.

Bangladesh managed to reach 81 before being bowled out in the 25th over. Nazmul Hossain Milon topscored with 24.

The sun had been shining since about 12 noon so the pitch was expected to flatten out in the afternoon and it did a little but was still difficult to at on for the Australian team as well.

The Bangladesh team bowled well, with pace hunt find, Kamrul Hasan and Dollar Mahmud starting well keeping the run rate in check. The spinners then came on and destroyed the Australian side with a combination of big turn and accurate line and length. Marshall Ayub, a batsmen who bowls leg spin claimed 3 for 12 from his 6. Schowartie Shuvo claimed 4 wickets and Reazaul Islam Rajon claimed 2 wickets.

At the half way mark (15 overs) the Australian were only 3 down and were on target in their chase. However the ensuing 10 overs left them chasing 30 from 5 overs with 3 wickets in hand and finally 15 to win off the last over with 2 wickets in hand. Schowartie had both these wickets stumped by Mushfiq Rahim who finished with 4 stumpings.

Although, two completely different teams, this completes back to back victories for Bangladesh U19 against Australia, which is something we can proud of, despite the changed format of this match.

We look forward to a full day tomorrow although more rain is expected tonight.

These matches are only practice matches, and therefore not official matches, to be scored or recorded on cricinfo.

billah
April 12, 2005, 06:01 AM
A win is a win, I suppose. Thanks.

oracle
April 12, 2005, 06:13 AM
Shuvo is really an upcoming spinner:)

Coach-how do you rate him in the surrent crop. I know you had some good things to say a few months ago. How has he progressed since then.
Does he still play for Brothers?

PoorFan
April 12, 2005, 06:21 AM
At least our boys know how to bring a result from a low scoring close match. That's a encouraging output of this match. Thank's a lot coach.

Edited on, April 12, 2005, 11:22 AM GMT, by PoorFan.

rana
April 12, 2005, 06:42 AM
well bowled by our bowlers

mahbubH
April 12, 2005, 06:50 AM
Nice work.

guy_zin
April 12, 2005, 07:02 AM
keep both of ur eyes open for this wonder kid, marshall ayub is gonna be the next boy-wonder in international cricket

bourny3
April 12, 2005, 07:31 AM
Nazmul top scored. Doesnt he bat 11 with the national team.

Shehwar
April 12, 2005, 08:10 AM
Welldone Junior Tigers.....:up:

bdboy
April 12, 2005, 08:14 AM
Well done boyz

mahbubH
April 12, 2005, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by bourny3
Nazmul top scored. Doesnt he bat 11 with the national team.

Not the same Nazmul. That one is now practicing with DW at Dhaka for England tour.

dukha
April 12, 2005, 08:25 AM
Back to back victory , what else we want ? So , we really won today ............ Think about tommorrow then .....
Thanks for the update , look forward for tommorrow as well ...... :great:

Edited on, April 12, 2005, 1:26 PM GMT, by dukha.

akabir77
April 12, 2005, 08:53 AM
marshall Aiub... Hmm if his father beat him a lot then giving him such name is ok i guess but if not then is he some other country lover or what???:P

AsifTheManRahman
April 12, 2005, 09:17 AM
well, i'm happy that they won. honestly, i couldn't care less if they'd lost. imo, the experience gained from playing in australian conditions is all that counts. after all, this is not the national team we're talking about, but rather a bunch of very young kids.

PS: beating australia has become a habit. it's not refreshing anymore :P

Edited on, April 12, 2005, 2:18 PM GMT, by AsifTheManRahman.

akabir77
April 12, 2005, 09:24 AM
after 10 years young assiss will become national plyrs and so is our young boys and imagine this in 2011 yr final bd face aussis and the auss r scared of bd cause these are plyrs where beaten over and over again by the bd counter part when they where young.... You know what they say- you can't forget what you experience in your child hood....:lol:

Edited on, April 13, 2005, 1:15 PM GMT, by akabir77.
Reason: what else left some word...

Samir
April 12, 2005, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by akabir77
after 10 years young assiss will become national plyrs and so is our young boys and imagine this in 2011 yr final bd face aussis and the auss r scared of bd cause these are plyrs where beaten over and over again by the bd counter part when they where young.... You know they you can't forget what you experience in your child hood....:lol:

Ha..Ha...
That will be something to watch...

Great to c BD won. There are some new promising players, hope they find some real talent like ash.

Good luck to the boys and hope they win rest of games..

:bravo:

mahbubH
April 12, 2005, 10:11 AM
after 10 years young assiss will become national plyrs and so is our young boys and imagine this in 2011 yr final bd face aussis and the auss r scared of bd cause these are plyrs where beaten over and over again by the bd counter part when they where young.... You know they you can't forget what you experience in your child hood....:lol:

When did the current Aussie players played U19 cricket? May be in 80's .... it seems McGratth-Warne will play another 10 years.

Our Rokon was the captain of 1998 BD-U19 world cup who is now enjoying a semi-retirement life.

RazabQ
April 12, 2005, 12:39 PM
Coach, if you are going to have any contact with your successor, perhaps you will drop him a hint about this website? :)

akabir77
April 12, 2005, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by sports_fan_bd

When did the current Aussie players played U19 cricket? May be in 80's .... it seems McGratth-Warne will play another 10 years.

Our Rokon was the captain of 1998 BD-U19 world cup who is now enjoying a semi-retirement life.

don't take every thing literary.. first think whether we can even play in the finals or not in 2011 let alone facing ausis and them be scared of us.....it was ment to be funny....not looking for facts or something

Fazal
April 12, 2005, 05:25 PM
Well done!!!:great::great:

fab
April 12, 2005, 06:23 PM
Wow that's great! Thanks for the match update.

NB: Today it seems the game might get interrupted with rain as well.

Edited on, April 12, 2005, 11:24 PM GMT, by fab.

Zunaid
April 12, 2005, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by AsifTheManRahman
PS: beating australia has become a habit. it's not refreshing anymore :P

priceless ;)

dukha
April 12, 2005, 08:12 PM
What's the score for today's match ?
Can anyone tell what's the score for today's match ? Aren't they playing today as well ? Please inform us .

Edited on, April 13, 2005, 1:43 AM GMT, by dukha.

jabbar
April 12, 2005, 08:43 PM
Surprising to see BD beat Australia so many times. What's going on... it doesn't make any sense. Either the Australian selection committee isn't taking these U19 games seriously and are fielding inferior teams, or BD U19 squad is genuinely better than the Ozzie squad.... I'm confused!

fab
April 12, 2005, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by jabbar
Either the Australian selection committee isn't taking these U19 games seriously and are fielding inferior teams
Yeah, I'm sure they didn't take the U19 World cup seriously at all.. Anyhow, Mr McIness said the team they are playing against is not the formal U19, with many of them being U18..

I called the venue, no answer and it's kinda drizzling where I am. I'll try to go there a little later.

dukha
April 12, 2005, 09:36 PM
yeah can ya just let us know , what's the score for today's match ? Then we will be very greatful to ya , thanks .

fab
April 12, 2005, 11:49 PM
Okay, here are some updates:

BD batted first and got 7/199 off 40 overs - the main scorers being:

Mehdi Hasan 40
Rakibul Hasan 24
Shamsur Rahman 26
Nazmul Hossain (Milon) 51 (from 31 balls) n.o
Shuvo 19 (from 11 balls) n. o

The Aussies are 2/20 after 6 overs.

Hopefully the coach can spare some time to give updates today as well, otherwise there is Habibul_fan (who is skipping school to watch the match! :) )

dukha
April 13, 2005, 12:00 AM
haha good on ya Habibul Fan .. Bd gonna win anyway ,,,,,, Aussies are stumbling ......... lol .......... Good on our jr tigers .........It also Nazmul Hossain again ............. what this guy is doing in one day cricket ? :fanflag:

Edited on, April 13, 2005, 5:08 AM GMT, by dukha.

PoorFan
April 13, 2005, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by fab
Okay, here are some updates:

BD batted first and got 7/199 off 40 overs - the main scorers being:

Mehdi Hasan 40
Rakibul Hasan 24
Shamsur Rahman 26
Nazmul Hossain (Milon) 51 (from 31 balls) n.o
Shuvo 19 (from 11 balls) n. o

The Aussies are 2/20 after 6 overs.

Hopefully the coach can spare some time to give updates today as well, otherwise there is Habibul_fan (who is skipping school to watch the match! :) )
Sounds good to me!
Nazmul Hossain (Milon) 51 (from 31 balls) n.o looks very impressive!
Looks like our boys are going to win this match too.
Looking forward for McIness or Habibul_fan's comment on this match.

Edited on, April 13, 2005, 5:46 AM GMT, by PoorFan.

fab
April 13, 2005, 01:40 AM
Originally posted by dukha
haha good on ya Habibul Fan .. Bd gonna win anyway ,,,,,, Aussies are stumbling ......... lol
One should never underestimate the Aussies. Also, must we be so cocky? These are merely practice matches against a team that is not the 'formal' Australia U19.

Edited on, April 13, 2005, 6:41 AM GMT, by fab.

shujan
April 13, 2005, 02:06 AM
Originally posted by dukha
haha good on ya Habibul Fan .. Bd gonna win anyway ,,,,,, Aussies are stumbling ......... lol .......... Good on our jr tigers .........It also Nazmul Hossain again ............. what this guy is doing in one day cricket ? :fanflag:

Edited on, April 13, 2005, 5:08 AM GMT, by dukha.

irrational exuberance!

James90
April 13, 2005, 03:02 AM
WE WON! By about 50 runs, damn impressive performance. They set a good target of 199 in 40 overs on a difficult wicket. I saw the last over of that innings and saw Milon bat very well. I spoke with him after the knock and asked "Hows it going?" He stared at me blankly. None the less I congratulated him and all was well. The opening bowlers weren't express but they did trouble the batsmen and get plenty of assistance from the pitch. Milon bowled a very good line and length and impressed me again but had troubles with overstepping. The spinners were tidy and Shuvo seemed like a very good tactical bowler. The batsmen were looking to go after him and advanced but he kept making them defend. The Australians were outclassed by Bangladesh (never thought I'd say that). The fielding was very good despite a couple of missed runout chances. Mushfiqur is a very fine keeper although he missed a couple of tough chances. He looks the complete package, a 5 foot package.

dukha
April 13, 2005, 03:36 AM
Didn't i tell tell ya guys , Ausssies are stumbling and they lost , Ok about the Bd national team we will win agains aussie 5-6 year guaranteed . Ya know why i am saying all these big players have to retire by then , Aussie would be new team then as Bangladesh's most of the players are so young .... Ya guys watch these days to come true . :flag::flag::flag::flag:

mahbubH
April 13, 2005, 03:44 AM
>> WE WON!

I was not sure at this point.

>> By about 50 runs

Now clear.

Thanks H_fan and fab for the news about U19 match. Nice to see young BD players are doing well in Australia.

PoorFan
April 13, 2005, 04:08 AM
Thank's Habibul_fan for another good news with detail. Hope to see they are also performing like this with AU-19 too.
Very encouraging start of AU tour for our boys so far. Thank's again.

rafiq
April 13, 2005, 05:08 AM
Hey H_fan, I thought you were supposed to support Australia over Bangladesh - what's going on? Seems like the Aus team has trouble playing our spinners - are these players in with a chance of ever playing for the national team or are they just some teenagers they picked up outside the local supermarket?

James90
April 13, 2005, 05:51 AM
It isn't the best u19's team they could have fielded but it isn't too bad. It is rather surprising that the Bangladeshis would outplay them. Can't explain why I supported Bangladesh over Australia, can't really explain why I support Bangladesh at all.

DOORBIN
April 13, 2005, 06:02 AM
Habibul_Fan/ fab

Please let me know if there are any more matches in Brisbane. I would like to watch.

If possible, can you please provide the full schedule, i.e the matches, the dates and the locations in Brisbane or in other Australian cities.

Thanks

James90
April 13, 2005, 06:10 AM
I don't know the full schedule but I don't think there are anymore games in Brisbane. Sorry I couldn't be more help

DOORBIN
April 13, 2005, 06:47 AM
Thanks for your prompt reply H_fan

Can someone else please provide information as to the next matches, ie location and date.....

I would love to watch a game, at least one...

Hasib
April 13, 2005, 07:11 AM
Originally posted by fab
Originally posted by jabbar
Either the Australian selection committee isn't taking these U19 games seriously and are fielding inferior teams
Yeah, I'm sure they didn't take the U19 World cup seriously at all.. Anyhow, Mr McIness said the team they are playing against is not the formal U19, with many of them being U18..

I called the venue, no answer and it's kinda drizzling where I am. I'll try to go there a little later.

err... arnt we also really feilding a U18 side?

cricket_pagla
April 13, 2005, 07:16 AM

I think.. this quote will make you famous!...;)
by the way.. well done young tigers!
:bravo::fanflag:

observer
April 13, 2005, 08:55 AM
Bangladesh have secured their second win over the Australian U19 squad in a rain reduced match. The match was reduced to 40 overs mid way through the Bangladesh innings, after they were invited to bat. The wicket was the same as the one used in the first game and had received more rain over night, delaying the start by an hour.

Nazmus Saddat and Roqibul Hassan got Bangladesh off to a good start with a partnership of 45. Shamsu Rahman and Mehdi Hassan added 47 for the 3rd wicket to have Bangladesh 98 for 3. Mehdi Hassan was the rock of the Bangladesh innings and finished 40. He added a valuable 36 with Nazmul Hossain Milon, before Milon and Schowartie Shuvo added 52 for the 8th wicket. Milon finished on 51 from 31 balls and Schowartie 19 from just 11 balls. Bangladesh added 83 off the last 10 overs to swing the match in their favour.

Bangladesh finished their innings at199 for 7 from 40 overs. A much improved effort the previous day.

The Australian innings started poorly with Skennar out fending pace hunt find Kamrul Islam off his gloves to Shamsu Rahman who took a great diving catch in front of gully. Kamrul finished with 3 for 18 from his 8 overs, bowling a very good line and length at lively pace. Wickets then fell at a steady rate before Finch and Warner added 41 for the 4th wicket. The Australians could not break the accurate bowling of all the Bangladesh bowlers and were forced to play big shots in order to contain the escalating run rate required. Nazmus Saddat then finished claimed Finch for 60 to seal the match, He then finished the tail to finish with 4 for 11 from 2 overs. Bangladesh won the watch by 56 runs with Australia bowled out in the 35th over for 143.

The Bangladesh team now play district First Grade team Sunshine Coast in 2 day night matches at Caloundra on Friday and Saturday.

Bangladesh Innings

1 Nazmus Saddat Ct Darwen 11
2 Roqibal Hassan Ct Thompson Darwen 24
3 Mehdi Hassan Ct Warner Finch 40
4 Shamsu Rahman Ct Thomson Darwen 26
5 Marshall Ayub Run Out (Clarence) 0
6 Mazharuddin Ct Clarence Lister 1
7 Mushfiq Rahim Bowled Warner 2
8 Nazmul Hossain Milon Not Out 51
9 Schowartie Shuvo Not Out 19

Extras 25

Total 7 for 199

Australian Innings
1 Skennar Ct Shamsu Kamrul 0
2 Lynch Ct Mushfiq Kamrul 9
3 Clarence Ct Mushfiq Kamrul 11
4 Finch Bowled Saddat 60
5 Warner Ct Mushfiq Rajon 13
6 Lister St Mushfiq Rajon 10
7 Darwen Ct M Hassan Saddat 14
8 Day Ct R Hassan Saddat 5
9 Gilmour Run out 7
10 Thompson St Mushfiq Saddat 0
11 Ritchard Not Out 0

Extras 14

Total All Out 143

Bangladesh Bowling
O R W
Kamrul Islam 6 18 3
Dollar Mahmud 6 23 0
Milon 3 13 0
Schowartie Shuvo 7 29 0
Reazul Islam Rajon 7.3 25 2
Marshall Ayub 2 9 0
Nazmus Saddat 2 11 4

dukha
April 13, 2005, 08:58 AM
Thanks for the details , Can we have the details for the next matches as well please? Well played guys , thanks to ya Coach to make them capable to beat Aussie u-19 .......

Edited on, April 13, 2005, 2:01 PM GMT, by dukha.

dukha
April 13, 2005, 09:10 AM
That "Nazmul Hossain" batting so good so can't he bat a bit up at the the batting order ......... he is gonna be our future allrounder in the national team .

Beamer
April 13, 2005, 09:55 AM
This is a good victory. No doubt.

fab
April 13, 2005, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by DOORBIN
If possible, can you please provide the full schedule, i.e the matches, the dates and the locations in Brisbane or in other Australian cities.
The games at Caloundra will start around 2pm and end 9.30 - 10.00pm. They'll be held at the Roy Henzell Oval, Caloundra Cricket Club, Arthur St Caloundra.

I will try to round up some friends and go there for Satuday's game.

PS: I got this info from the Sunshine Coast cricket team contact, so hopefully it is correct :up:

DOORBIN
April 14, 2005, 01:23 AM
fab,

Thanks a lot for providing this valuable information. I will try my best to make it to Saturday's match. But is it against Sunshine Coast Cricket Team, not Australia u-19?

AsifTheManRahman
April 14, 2005, 11:43 AM
Any ideas on the kind of pitch they're playing on? I mean are they typical bouncy aussie pitches, or are they more batting friendly or whatever?

Hasib
April 14, 2005, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by DOORBIN
fab,

Thanks a lot for providing this valuable information. I will try my best to make it to Saturday's match. But is it against Sunshine Coast Cricket Team, not Australia u-19?

Known as the Sunshine Coast Scorchers

Source: Daily Star (http://www.thedailystar.net/2005/04/14/d50414040627.htm)

cricket_pagla
April 14, 2005, 10:21 PM
I think its.. Bouncy+Seaming+Batting Friendly wicket!:lol:

Banglar Chasha
April 14, 2005, 10:44 PM
What's the score anyway ?

bourny3
April 14, 2005, 11:28 PM
yes hows it going on the sunshine coast.

Banglar Chasha
April 15, 2005, 12:19 AM
They are playing but noone updating the scores ? Update the score please ........

James90
April 15, 2005, 01:35 AM
Maybe because no-one lives at the sunshine coast? And no-one could sacrifice money or education to get themselves there. And even if someone did go there which i seriously doubt then they'd be at the ground and not sitting on their computer on BanglaCricket.

dukha
April 15, 2005, 01:48 AM
hmm Coach can upadate it at night ......... Let him know please .

DOORBIN
April 15, 2005, 03:08 AM
Thanks for the information Hasib. I have planned to be in Caloundra tomorrow....

Banglar Chasha
April 15, 2005, 04:58 AM
noone knows the score ? that's sad .