PDA

View Full Version : Pulling for Sourav Ganguli to have a great game

pagol-chagol
April 11, 2005, 11:15 PM
I can't believe I am saying this but...

We need him to get his man - Greg Chappel.

:E

Edited on, April 12, 2005, 10:33 PM GMT, by razabq.

dukha
April 11, 2005, 11:25 PM
haha crap topic mate . Whatmore is not leaving Bangladesh for 2 more years why we worry then ? Whoever India gets it's none of our business . If ya don't beleive us , just have a chat chat with "Mahbub Anaam" the documents been signed yesterday .

RazabQ
April 12, 2005, 12:36 AM
Either way, I wish Danguli well. As the only bangalee in the Indian side, and the one person who gave the Steve Waugh a good taste of psychological warfare, I feel he deserves to catch a break.

Yea yea I know his snootiness mouthed off on the n-tier-stuff ..

mb444
April 12, 2005, 12:58 PM
Why on earth would any Bangladeshi wish the Indian team well?

Tintin
April 12, 2005, 01:07 PM
Why on earth would any Bangladeshi wish the Indian team well?

It is a bit like some Indians wishing Bangladesh well, I guess :)

mb444
April 12, 2005, 01:09 PM
Such a thing has never happed and never will.......

As as bangladeshi i support only Bangladesh.........all other teams can go to hell!

Tintin
April 12, 2005, 01:10 PM
Such a thing has never happed and never will.......

Yours truly is not exactly a Bangladeshi, and I am not the only one :)

reverse_swing
April 12, 2005, 01:12 PM
6-ODI ban on Ganguly:(

mb444
April 12, 2005, 01:16 PM
If you support Bangladesh.......great.........

That does not mean i should feel any compultion whatsoever to support or well-wish any other team

Arnab
April 12, 2005, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by mb444
If you support Bangladesh.......great.........

That does not mean i should feel any compultion whatsoever to support or well-wish any other team

And not every Bangladeshi feels/should feel like you do.

mb444
April 12, 2005, 01:37 PM
that is purely your opinion..........

but a Bangladeshi supporting india in any sphere would be the same as a jew in 1940's europe supporting hitler and nazi-germany........

But as for supporting ones team -one should surely do that in exclusion of all other in a competitive situation. There are no alliances in the cricketing world, you stand or fall all on your own. Why should therefore any Bangladeshi support any other team in exclusion of Bangladesh.

Arnab
April 12, 2005, 01:50 PM

Really.

but a Bangladeshi supporting india in any sphere would be the same as a jew in 1940's europe supporting hitler and nazi-germany........

And this is a "pure fact" I suppose?

But as for supporting ones team -one should surely do that in exclusion of all other in a competitive situation.

And India v Pak series is surely a cricket competition where Bangladesh is actively taking part I guess?

There are no alliances in the cricketing world, you stand or fall all on your own.

What does this have to do with anything? Who's talking about an "alliance"?

Why should therefore any Bangladeshi support any other team in exclusion of Bangladesh?

Because Bangladesh is NOT taking part in the series and therefore Bangladeshi fans are free to choose whichever team they like.

Tokai
April 12, 2005, 01:54 PM
i think india bribed icc to ban ganguli.

that was the easiest way to remove him from the squad as he was not having any runs anyway.

good bye ganguli.

AsifTheManRahman
April 12, 2005, 02:00 PM
hahahaha...i'm really beginning to believe that there are still people who write down what they want to type before actually typing it in! and then they end up misreading their own writing! an A can easily be mistaken for a four! and i believe if that in this case the four on the keyboard was held down for too long!

i love these mb444 discussions...guys like him simply make my day on a predictably boring one! :) mods plz never ban him no matter what he does :P

couger
April 12, 2005, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by AsifTheManRahman
i love these mb444 discussions...guys like him simply make my day on a predictably boring one! :) mods plz never ban him no matter what he does :P

Right. One should never underestimate the stimulations of eccentricity

Navarene
April 12, 2005, 05:12 PM
HAHAHA...6 matches ban for Ganguly surely a blessing in disguise for Indian team. Or did he intentionally go for slow over rate even when he knew it would cost him a severe punishment? This way it would favor him to get sympathy of his fans since he has been a pathetic failure with his bat. Tough call!

To mb triple four, as a bangladeshi, I support India in cricket after Bangladesh. What you gonna do now? Seizing my nationality and force me to apply for a Pakistani passport? This is a sheer evil thought to mix a great sport like cricket with politics. I advice you better change your ID to mb666(an omen).

Edited on, April 12, 2005, 10:13 PM GMT, by Navarene.

Edited on, April 12, 2005, 10:25 PM GMT, by Navarene.
Reason: typo typo & more typo

Fazal
April 12, 2005, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by Navarene
This is a sheer evil thought to mix a great sport like cricket with politics.

:up: and I would also add <i>... with politics <b>or religion.</b></i>

RazabQ
April 12, 2005, 05:30 PM
mb444, if you had said one shouldn't root for a team against BD, you might have had a point. As for not supporting India and/or any other team, no country can really present a moral high-ground. All have skeletons in their closet, including our own BD. I can elaborate if needed but I am pretty sure you know most of the examples ..

Besides, if you had read my post carefully, you would have realized that I was wishing Danguli well, not the Indian team in entirety. As far as I am concerned, I don't care who wins that series as long as their is scintillating cricket that forwards the cause of the sport itself.

mwrkhan
April 12, 2005, 05:53 PM
If mb444, my favourite jihadi, is online, how can I resist a post? Would he be so indignant if there was widespread support for Pakistan I wonder. :lol:

RazabQ
April 12, 2005, 06:14 PM
let's not diss mb444 right away - his argument on the French duplicity in imposing headscarf ban was pretty much on the money. Every French person I've presented with the argument have 'fessed up that yes, "daal me kuch kala hai". It was in Forget Cricket.

Having said that, I am curious, if mb444 would have been invoking Nazi Germany and European Jews, circa 1940s if I had posted "wishing Inzy some runs" or something like that.

mb444 bhai, speak now or forever hold your piece

Razab

fab
April 12, 2005, 06:15 PM
(oh goodie, my favourite topic)

Your analogy is totally wrong. The only nation that has perpetrated a genocide against us that is comparable to that of the jews in the 1940s is Pakistan. Therefore, a Bangladeshi supporting Pakistan in any sphere would be the same as a Jew in the 1940s europe supporting Hitler and Nazi-Germany.

Zunaid
April 12, 2005, 06:17 PM

This is the quite the ultimate manifestation of bigotry. Hmm, I'm quite sure Indians/India have not perpetrated any genocide upon us. Oh wait! That was Pakistan. <a href="http://www.virtualbangladesh.com/history/independence.html">[ref]</a>

Would your statement still hold if I replaced "india" with "pakistan" ?

Edited on, April 12, 2005, 11:18 PM GMT, by Zunaid.

Zunaid
April 12, 2005, 06:18 PM
I also invoke godwin's law on this thread.

mwrkhan
April 12, 2005, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by razabq
let's not diss mb444 right away - his argument on the French duplicity in imposing headscarf ban was pretty much on the money.

I'll grant him that. But his warped view of the world makes my skin crawl and blood boil. Genocide, nazis......I have had family members killed by the Pakis back in '71.....I can make up my own mind as to who the nazis are.

Right now I am in a foul mood. :E

mwrkhan
April 12, 2005, 06:44 PM
BTW doesn't this emoticon resemble Zulfikar A. Bhutto a little bit? :E

RazabQ
April 12, 2005, 06:56 PM
khan sahab - live and let live - such is the principle of democracy ain't it? and yea, ektu bhutto bhutto lagey indeed.

say
April 12, 2005, 07:19 PM

But as for supporting ones team -one should surely do that in exclusion of all other in a competitive situation. There are no alliances in the cricketing world, you stand or fall all on your own. Why should therefore any Bangladeshi support any other team in exclusion of Bangladesh.

mb, this is a Pakistani mentality. Fortunately most Bangladeshis are not [] like you. Sure, India-Bangladesh relationship goes through ups and downs (like any other neighboring nations in the world) but there remains a certain level of respect for their helping role in 1971.

The question is what can lead one to go as far as MB? I suspect this mentality is some remnant from the anti-indian propaganda/paranoia propagated during the pakistani era that created Jamaatis, Al-Badrs and Al-Shams type fanatics. (and most probably genetically transferred?)

OK, I need to stop and invoke the Godwin's law for myself.

Edited on, April 13, 2005, 12:36 AM GMT, by Arnab.

Arnab
April 12, 2005, 07:30 PM
Say, ranting is all well and good, but a little editing of your last post might be in order. Refer to board rules and edit accordingly.

BTW, this thread might be transfered to Forget Cricket if the discussion turns even more wayward.

Edited on, April 13, 2005, 12:38 AM GMT, by Arnab.

say
April 12, 2005, 07:42 PM
thanks for reminding. I'll leave it as edited. The edit makes the post look more menacing. :)

Arnab
April 12, 2005, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by say
thanks for reminding. I'll leave it as edited. The edit makes the post look more menacing. :)

Yes, those square brackets can make somewhat innocent words look pretty ugly.

I still think the genetic connection bit is somewhat below the belt. But hey, I do that all the time. So can't edit that myself.

Optimist
April 12, 2005, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by Tokai
i think india bribed icc to ban ganguli.

that was the easiest way to remove him from the squad as he was not having any runs anyway.

good bye ganguli.

Pakistan will appeal the ban! And India will protest if the ban is lifted!

dukha
April 12, 2005, 08:22 PM
It's a stupid game last night . Any team making 315 in 48 over they would have won . Even Bangladesh would have won easily against Pakistan , if they would have made 315 in their first innings ...... But India couldn't ..... So , much stupidity how he used bowlers such as Nehra to open the bowling , Ganguli is not a good captain in ODI since the world cup finished so , he had loose and he deserved it .

chinaman
April 12, 2005, 08:30 PM
Thread closed.