PDA

View Full Version : England must prepare seaming wickets - Jones

dukha
April 12, 2005, 03:44 AM
Just read that in cricinfo.com ....... So , it's so obvious they gonna make the same wicket for Bangladeshis as well ... Dean Jones said that for Aussie and also he mentioned about "Flintoff" a fit one ofcourse can give them the Ashes win . So , "Flintoff" might not play against Bangladesh but down the less we have to face Player like "Pieterssen" .. Anyway we have to find out how to play in seaming wickets from now on ........... Can we ? Good Luck for our players in England .

RazabQ
April 12, 2005, 10:52 AM
dukha,
there was a thread on English pitches a while back. Do a search for it. Some posters had pretty good insight on strategy for seaming wickets. Also a recent thread had talk about front-foot technique if I recall.

AsifTheManRahman
April 12, 2005, 11:03 AM
hehe...looks like i just dug it up!

dukha
April 12, 2005, 08:28 PM
hmm it does though .......... They are making greentops so how can we play ? We never played on this kinda wicket when we did then we had 87 all out .......in ICC Championship ...... lol

oracle
April 12, 2005, 08:45 PM
You are worried about seaming wickets.
Obviously you haven'nt seen Harmison. whether it is newlands or home at Durham, this man relegates seam bowling to academia.

dukha
April 12, 2005, 08:50 PM
I think if we find the way to play Harmison and Hoggard that's it . Then England would have to find the way to bowl us out what ya think ?

chyicarus
April 13, 2005, 01:25 PM
I think the bounce of the wicket did more damage in the ICC Trophy for BD.
I think we are better prepared for the bounce but not prepared enought for the seam movement that the English bowlers can produce.