PDA

View Full Version : Do we have any chance to go to the Semi-final in the World Cup 2007

dukha
April 13, 2005, 03:48 AM
Last world cup Kenya went to the Semi-Final , beating Srilanka ? Can we go to the semi-final just beating Srilanka and one more other team possibly India , But , it's way tough .We have one more crap team in our group who we can win easily it could be png . Don't forget when Srilanka won the World cup under the coaching of Dav Whatmore , then they ranked number 8 in the odi cricket . We got 2 years to find out the solution . I would love to see my team in the Semi-finals at least . Howbout ya guys . ? :flag::flag::flag::flag:

Edited on, April 13, 2005, 8:49 AM GMT, by dukha.

Spitfire_x86
April 13, 2005, 04:36 AM
Possible, if every team gives us walkover till we reach semi-final.

cricket_pagla
April 13, 2005, 07:18 AM
mann... If u dare to dream.. dream bigger!... why not winning the WC-2007?!:cool:

Fazal
April 13, 2005, 07:52 AM
We have a chance for sure....

Only if only four team particiapate and the rest refuse to particiapte for one reason or another.

But Hey we are already in the top ten list.

:clap::clap::clap:

dukha
April 13, 2005, 08:37 AM
We can beat png easy ........ And also , we can win World cup on Playstations "Cricket 2004" ,,,, That's so easy , Bangladesh even beats Australia in the group matches ............ lol . very funny isn't ? But that's not a dream ............... lol

irampool
April 13, 2005, 08:47 AM
At first, think about 1st floor, not 5th floor straight away...............

dukha
April 13, 2005, 08:52 AM
In last world cup Kenya did ....... haha . Didn't we beat kenya in the ICC ? So stats says we can ............ good luck Bangladesh .

Shehwar
April 13, 2005, 10:14 AM
I'd assume ur next post will be --- Can we beat Brazil in the final of 2010 World Cup Football?

dukha
April 13, 2005, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by Shehwar
I'd assume ur next post will be --- Can we beat Brazil in the final of 2010 World Cup Football?

haha no chance in football in another 20 years also . They said they had to hire the people to watch the football semi-final game ..... Go for cricket , we will have a good chance in there ........ Kenya went to final in last world cup...... Did ya forget that already ?

Akib
April 13, 2005, 03:41 PM
Teh Kenya we beat is much worse than the one that made it to the semi finals.

I say the most BD can every go to is Super 8 and that will be hard to reach.

Ameer
April 13, 2005, 10:00 PM
Nothing wrong with you guys being optimistic but your logic is laughable. Kenya made it to the semis by luck, how does that lead you to think it increases BD chances?

jeesh
April 13, 2005, 10:11 PM
Seriously dukha that was a very lame post. At least change the subject next time like "Our Hopes for 2007"

dukha
April 13, 2005, 10:35 PM
What's are the hope then ?

vv_sunil
April 13, 2005, 11:40 PM
no way..................

fwullah
April 14, 2005, 12:10 AM
Kenya made it to the semis by luck

Ofcourse we can reach the semifinals. All we have to do is follow Kenya's path - fix a few matches here and there, tell Ali Asghar, Bashar & Pilot to pay some money to the teams that we will face in the world cup and voila!

We are into the World Cup Final!

Ofcourse, as a consequence, ICC will have to ban Bashar & Pilot for match fixing for 5 to 10 years as they see fit like Odumbe, but a world cup final is a much better accomplishment than only a couple of players' ban, right?

dukha
April 14, 2005, 12:32 AM
I don't know why ya guys worried we just have to beat India or Srilanka , We already beaten India before ......... Srilankan cricket borad has broken they jut lost the test against NZ , And the next group match would be with "Papua Ne Gunea or Fiji" Can't we beat them or what ? Just talk on logic , we can play in the semis , Chances are there Stats said .......... mind it ...........

aosaif
April 14, 2005, 12:41 AM
Oi u guys better stop dissing Papua New Guinea. I'm a bangladeshi (hold BD passport as well) but I lived in PNG since I was 6 months old. I go back 2 BD ever year or so. I'm full Bangladeshi but I will stand up for PNG!!!! So lay off!!!

aosaif
April 14, 2005, 12:43 AM
Edited on, April 14, 2005, 5:44 AM GMT, by aosaif.

dukha
April 14, 2005, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by aosaif
Oi u guys better stop dissing Papua New Guinea. I'm a bangladeshi (hold BD passport as well) but I lived in PNG since I was 6 months old. I go back 2 BD ever year or so. I'm full Bangladeshi but I will stand up for PNG!!!! So lay off!!!

So what ya mean to say ? We gonna loose win PNG ? haha very funny we will win with them even with our eyes are closed ....... lol ..........:fanflag::fanflag::fanflag:

abu_akif
April 14, 2005, 01:50 AM
NO CHANCE GUYS.... NO CHANCES AT ALL...

Wake up to the real scenario... I would be happy if they can give tough time to some big kids of the game in WC 2007, thats all what I want...

dukha
April 14, 2005, 01:55 AM
why we forgot Kenya made it in last world cup ...... to beat Srilanka ,it's not the luck to beat the world champs of World Cup ......... anyway we have beaten Kenya already so , we do have a chance .......... if we can beat Srilanka , their SLC has broken ,,,,,,,, players would be leaving beacuase of the money dispute good for us ........

April 14, 2005, 03:30 AM
I would love to c Bangladesh Winning the world cup! But the reality is it's gonna be damn tough but not impossible at all. I don't know why most u have jumped to the conclusion. I am in fact thinking one step ahead of Dukha: Banladesh winning the cup and for that we don't need to refer to the kenya issue. We shouldn't care about how other teams had performed in the past. Our target should be to win the world cup. If Bangladesh can win just one of the matches they would be playing in England, then I would say that they have a great chance. Its time they started hunting more preys!!
For gods sake, don't jump 2 conclusions. Ekhane oneke mukhe thiki bolse je Bangladesh parbe na, kinto bhitore bhitore shobai thiki akee asha kore!!!

cricket_pagol
April 14, 2005, 04:24 AM
I remember that BD-U19/BD-U21 beat brazil in a football competition atleast ten years ago. Based on that stat... BD should be world champion by now!

Don't get me wrong... i do appreciate Dukha enthusiam and i do hope that BD can reach the world cup semis.

dukha
April 14, 2005, 04:34 AM
Originally posted by cricket_pagol
I remember that BD-U19/BD-U21 beat brazil in a football competition atleast ten years ago. Based on that stat... BD should be world champion by now!

Don't get me wrong... i do appreciate Dukha enthusiam and i do hope that BD can reach the world cup semis.

It's so easy we have to beat Srilanka or India and fiji or png win can beat them as we are having good prctice before that ... In 10 years we win the World Cup ...... what do ya think ? :joy:

guy_zin
April 14, 2005, 06:38 AM
Originally posted by cricket_pagol

most probably u're talking about the dana/gothia cup football...like millions of peoples i was there too to greet our heroes(!!) in the airport..they were heroes untill btv telecasted the matches where we saw players like bakhtiar( who played for brothers union later..& atleast 17/18 years old @that time) were playing versus teams consist of 8/9 years kids.

later on we came to realise that was one of the biggest political stunt /farce( to forget the real problems peoples were facing) of HOMO ershad...

dukha
April 14, 2005, 07:09 AM
Bhai eto moja koroner ki asey ? We did win once eita shotto .....

Trueblue
April 14, 2005, 08:20 AM
PNG have at least five more games to qualify for the World Cup. So far they have qualified for the final qualifying tournament! So a bit to go. I reckon Bangladesh will be playing Canada or Namibia. :)

Edited on, April 14, 2005, 1:21 PM GMT, by Trueblue.

dukha
April 14, 2005, 08:25 AM
[quote]Originally posted by Trueblue
PNG have at least five more games to qualify for the World Cup. So far they have qualified for the final qualifying tournament! So a bit to go. I reckon Bangladesh will be playing Canada or Namibia. :)

Canada and Namibia is not that hard anyway .......... We did loose against Canada but then they were lucky anyway ,,,,,,,,,, but not anymore .

Banglar Chasha
April 14, 2005, 09:12 AM
possible , nothing is impossible in the world .

Ahmed_B
April 14, 2005, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by dukha
We have one more crap team in our group who we can win easily it could be png....
Avoid using these sort of offensive comments towards ICC associates just out of excitement... no matter how weak the teams are in comparison. It will be the same to the odd comments made about Bangladesh by the stronger nations.. and how do they make u feel when that happens?

fwullah
April 14, 2005, 10:07 AM
So what ya mean to say ? We gonna loose win PNG ? haha very funny we will win with them even with our eyes are closed ....... lol

Were you following Bangladesh in the last world cup 2003 or not?

If anyone were to suggest to me that 'we gonna lose win Canada? haha very funny we will win them with our eyes are closed ........ lol' I would have supported those words.

But not anymore.

Shehwar
April 14, 2005, 01:08 PM
Dukha dude....pal...buddy...brother o' mine...I'll call u anything that pleases u but please FOR CRYIN OUT LOUD! stop posting such posts....!!!!!!.....This forum is supposed to represent the genuine Bangladeshi cricket fans with genuine thoughts.....Just imagine if a person of a different nationality was to come to our forum and read ur post first thing..He wud probably never ever visit this forum again......I'm sick and tired of listening to the same old things again and again from you with out any reasonable reason.....U come up with logic which probably doesn't even convince U!!!!!!...Please bro...try to be a bit more sensible with ur posts....otherwise we'll loose all our members.....No hard feelings bro......PPl from all over the world visit this forum and they are all not Bangladeshis like us who will understand woth goes through ur mind while writing such things time and time again...cheers...

Locutus
April 14, 2005, 01:28 PM
Nooo way Bangladesh will make it to semil-final. Maybe Super Six but Semi-final? No WAY! Hopefully I am wrong!!!

Banglar Chasha
April 15, 2005, 12:25 AM
where's the ganja topic gone ? Let's have some fun .