PDA

View Full Version : Match Report: Game 2 From Coach McInnes

chinaman
April 13, 2005, 10:14 AM
Bangladesh have secured their second win over the Australian U19 squad in a rain reduced match. The match was reduced to 40 overs mid way through the Bangladesh innings, after they were invited to bat. The wicket was the same as the one used in the first game and had received more rain over night, delaying the start by an hour.

Nazmus Saddat and Roqibul Hassan got Bangladesh off to a good start with a partnership of 45. Shamsu Rahman and Mehdi Hassan added 47 for the 3rd wicket to have Bangladesh 98 for 3. Mehdi Hassan was the rock of the Bangladesh innings and finished 40. He added a valuable 36 with Nazmul Hossain Milon, before Milon and Schowartie Shuvo added 52 for the 8th wicket. Milon finished on 51 from 31 balls and Schowartie 19 from just 11 balls. Bangladesh added 83 off the last 10 overs to swing the match in their favour.

Bangladesh finished their innings at199 for 7 from 40 overs. A much improved effort the previous day.

The Australian innings started poorly with Skennar out fending pace hunt find Kamrul Islam off his gloves to Shamsu Rahman who took a great diving catch in front of gully. Kamrul finished with 3 for 18 from his 8 overs, bowling a very good line and length at lively pace. Wickets then fell at a steady rate before Finch and Warner added 41 for the 4th wicket. The Australians could not break the accurate bowling of all the Bangladesh bowlers and were forced to play big shots in order to contain the escalating run rate required. Nazmus Saddat then finished claimed Finch for 60 to seal the match, He then finished the tail to finish with 4 for 11 from 2 overs. Bangladesh won the watch by 56 runs with Australia bowled out in the 35th over for 143.

The Bangladesh team now play district First Grade team Sunshine Coast in 2 day night matches at Caloundra on Friday and Saturday.

http://www.banglacricket.com/files/pics/posted/u19auspts2.gif

Mahmood
April 13, 2005, 10:18 AM
Well done Tigers!

Are we playing the official Australian U19 team or just a team with the name?

Shehwar
April 13, 2005, 10:21 AM
I'd like to know more about Nazmul Hossain Milon....He scored runs in both the matches batting lower down the order...And its pretty weird not to see a guy bowl who is batting at number nine!!!

dukha
April 13, 2005, 10:21 AM
Those games are just the warm-up games . They are unofficial so far ........

dukha
April 13, 2005, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by Shehwar
I'd like to know more about Nazmul Hossain Milon....He scored runs in both the matches batting lower down the order...And its pretty weird not to see a guy bowl who is batting at number nine!!!

After Mahmud retires he is gonna be our future all-rounder .................but he might bat a bit up at the order ........:great:

Edited on, April 13, 2005, 3:27 PM GMT, by dukha.

AsifTheManRahman
April 13, 2005, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by Rajputro
Well done Tigers!

a weaker team (consisting of more U-18's than 19 yr olds), but definitely not a walkover. source - other thread on the tour.

Beamer
April 13, 2005, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by dukha
Originally posted by Shehwar

After Mahmud retires he is gonna be our future all-rounder .................but he might bat a bit up at the order ........:great:

Edited on, April 13, 2005, 3:27 PM GMT, by dukha.

keno bhai? rana ki dos korlo? mahmud retire korley niyomito all rounder to rana. naki ?

cricket_pagla
April 13, 2005, 10:55 AM
U-19 Rules..:great:

cricket_pagol
April 13, 2005, 11:46 AM
Very Impressive performance by the U-19 team. I hope they carry on this performance to the official games.

Fazal
April 13, 2005, 12:26 PM
:fire::fire: Regardless of the strength of AUS-19, a win is a win :fire::fire:

RazabQ
April 13, 2005, 12:28 PM
playing one for the gipper? i.e. I am wondering how much of th performance is being boosted by a sentimental desire to give coach a nice proper sendoff :)

AsifTheManRahman
April 13, 2005, 12:30 PM
actually, from what i gather, this wasn't a weak U-19 team at all. after all, beating the Aussie U-19 A team alone should be a great achievement!

however, i'm a bit surprised they're not fielding their complete eleven, esp after getting beaten by us in the WC.

for the same reason, i have a feeling the team that they have fielded is not taking it easily, so that we should be proud to have outplayed them by around 50 runs. :)

sunniath
April 13, 2005, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by AsifTheManRahman
actually, from what i gather, this wasn't a weak U-19 team at all. after all, beating the Aussie U-19 A team alone should be a great achievement!

Under 19 A team? Is it right or just a typo? If it is right then we are probably playing against a weaker side. I am happy that we are winning. Just want to know the strength of the team.

AsifTheManRahman
April 13, 2005, 12:48 PM
not a typo. however, i'm just speculating, and couldn't care less. if the aussie A team can beat the national team, then the u-19 A team should also be able to beat the U-19 team, i.e. there shouldn't be a big gap in quality.

for reference, please see fab's second post in the second page of the other thread on bd u-19's tour to australia.

chyicarus
April 13, 2005, 01:14 PM
Well done U-19 boys. No matter who the opposition is- i think for such a young team, to play away from home is a big deal.
I also see some really good promise in the team and we will hopefully see their names more often in the Domestic cricket.
I'm also impressed to see that one of the bowlers who came out from the pace hunt has been included in the squad which shows the hidden talent we have all over the country.

mohd azam
April 13, 2005, 01:45 PM
Well done BD U-19 Team
hope they will win other also:flag::fire:

Akib
April 13, 2005, 03:39 PM
:clap::clap::clap: to BD

rana
April 13, 2005, 05:44 PM
yes U 19 you guys are the best , show the national team that you guys are batter then the National team:great::great: keep up like that

fab
April 13, 2005, 06:10 PM
however, i'm a bit surprised they're not fielding their complete eleven, esp after getting beaten by us in the WC.
I think they couldn't get the full/official U19 team because of school/uni commitments etc

Samir
April 13, 2005, 06:47 PM
Finally , the boys r acting like tigers....:fire:

Congrat U-19 and keep up the good work.......

Edited on, April 13, 2005, 11:47 PM GMT, by Samir.

Hasib
April 14, 2005, 03:35 AM
Originally posted by Rajputro
Well done Tigers!

a weaker team (consisting of more U-18's than 19 yr olds), but definitely not a walkover. source - other thread on the tour.

Don't forget that we r also an U-18 side.

Blah
April 14, 2005, 07:58 AM
Comon guys. Give credit where it's due.
Who is to say that it was a Aus Under-19 A team?
For starters, there is no "regular" u-19 team in any test playing nation. Under 19 teams are formed for special occasions like this and the "Under-19" WC.

How do you know if a Under-19 WC were to be held right now Aus won't be playing the same team? After all, their poor performance in the past under-19 WC only prompted them to form a differant team. So if the same players are not playing now, doesn't mean it's an A team. Who is stopping them to play a much stronger team, if they have one?

Who were to say this is the best under-19 team BD has to offer? How do we know if there was a u-19 WC being today BD would be playing this team and not a stronger one?

So there is no A team B team, or not the "Strongest" team.
These are the teams each countries played, and we won.

So let's appreciate the games with an "open" mind, for once.

Blah

AsifTheManRahman
April 14, 2005, 08:52 AM
waste of a post. if you read closely, nobody was taking any credit away from them, and couldn't care less about the strength of the opposition.

Spitfire_x86
April 14, 2005, 10:01 AM
Unfortunately, U-19 performances doesn't mean that our future is very bright. In senior stage, age cheating can't give us extra advantage.

Shortly after becoming chamion in ICC Trophy, we won plate cup of U-19 world cup (associate nations were allowed to play U-20 team) by beating WI. In that match, Gayle scored a big century and WI made a big score. We chased that score successfully, Rokon scored a quick unbeaten 90. Now where is Gayle and where is Rokon......

Edited on, April 14, 2005, 3:03 PM GMT, by Spitfire_x86.

AsifTheManRahman
April 14, 2005, 10:32 AM
it's not about the age cheating (imo). it's more about the way the players are groomed, and the strength of the domestic league...players in our country show sparks at young ages and yet fail to carry on the performance to the next level simply because there is a huge gap between the age group and international arenas that needs to be filled at home. this huge gap will continue to hurt us for some time and whereas guys like Finch will rock the world of cricket some day, guys like nazmul will simply fade away(hopefully not) unless they are properly nutured from an early age.

Edited on, April 14, 2005, 3:32 PM GMT, by AsifTheManRahman.

Blah
April 14, 2005, 12:03 PM
waste of a post. if you read closely, nobody was taking any credit away from them, and couldn't care less about the strength of the opposition.

For your information. Suggesting that Aussie might be playing their U-19 A team is "taking credit away from them".

Eternal Sunshine of a Pessimists Mind.

Blah

fwullah
April 14, 2005, 12:16 PM
Now where is Gayle and where is Rokon......

I think that we should only focus on the next U-19 world cup which is at our hand at this moment, rather than what they can be or cannot be after they have successfully or unsuccessfuly passed the U-19 test(s).

Spitfire_x86
April 14, 2005, 03:35 PM
What's the point of good result in U-19 WC, if these players can't do better when they play at senior level? U-19 teams are supposed to be development platform for future generation senior players.

Spitfire_x86
April 14, 2005, 03:39 PM
it's not about the age cheating (imo). it's more about the way the players are groomed, and the strength of the domestic league...players in our country show sparks at young ages and yet fail to carry on the performance to the next level simply because there is a huge gap between the age group and international arenas that needs to be filled at home. this huge gap will continue to hurt us for some time and whereas guys like Finch will rock the world of cricket some day, guys like nazmul will simply fade away(hopefully not) unless they are properly nutured from an early age.
I agree that we don't take care of young talents like other test playing countries and our domestic leagues aren't good enough. But in case of real talents, it's not everything. Both Irfan Pathan and Mashrafee did well in U-19 stage, and now both are doing almost equally well at senior level.

AsifTheManRahman
April 14, 2005, 04:02 PM
mashrafe is an exception though: i mean how many cricketers bat, bowl and keep equally well after coming back from a year and a half of complete bed rest? :)

well, the way things are going currently, i'm hopeful that the current U-19's will be able to do well (at least better than the former U-19's) in the senior team. we have the HPU as well as the u-19's, u-13's, school cricket and our management is also more experienced and capable of handling talent now.

Sam
April 15, 2005, 05:24 AM
What I find positive in these two matches is the confidence of our new look U-19 players. As we all know that in next U-19 WC totally a different team will be playing, so it's important to have a handful of youths with high level of confidence.

Banglar Chasha
April 15, 2005, 05:39 AM
what's the score ? Noone knows it or what ?

observer
April 15, 2005, 07:38 AM
Bangladesh V Sunshine Coast XI

Bangladesh won the toss and batted first in day night match

Conditions: after heavy rain during the week, the wicket was slow and the outfield very heavy.

Nazmus Saddat Run Out 59 82
Roqibul Hassan Caught McCabe 11 26
Mehdi Hassan LBW McCabe 5 6
Shamsu Rahman LBW Orchard 8 21
Marshall Ayub Run Out 0 3
Farhad Hossain Run Out 1 10
Mushfiq Rahim Ct Dwyer D Adams 52 62
Nazmul Hossain Milon Not out 49 65
Schowartie Shuvo Caught Orchard 20 17
Reazul Islam Caught Matheson 0 3
Kamrul Islam Run Out 2 6

Extras 40

Total 247
Overs 49.5

McCabe 7 0 27 2
McInerney 10 0 32 0
Maynard 10 1 39 0
Orchard 6 1 18 1
Wilkinson 3 0 31 0
Matheson 5 0 32 1
Adams 9 0 59 2

D Adams St Rahim Schowartie 35 54
J Stocker Bowled Aslam Khan 0 5
A Maynard LBW Kamrul Islam 8 14
S Ledger Bowled Kamrul Islam 76 76
S Milini Run Out 5
R Wilkinson Ct M Hassan Milon 7 34
J Orchard Bowled Rajon 6 10
M Dwyer St Rahim Rajon 5 14
B Matheson Ct F Hossain Rajon 0 7
C McCabe Bowled Aslam Khan 1 3
T McInerny Not Out 1 3

Extras 24

Total 173
Overs 39.3

Kamrul Islam 7 0 36 2
Aslam Khan 6.3 2 21 2
Schowartie Shuvo 7 1 32 1
Nazmul Hossain Milon 8 0 34 1
Reazul Islam Rajon 8 1 30 3
Farhad Hossain 3 0 11 0

Bangladesh win by 74 runs

Mueid
April 15, 2005, 07:52 AM
thanks coach. a good win. and this nazmul guy is pretty impressive.

Edited on, April 15, 2005, 12:53 PM GMT, by Mueid.

Banglar Chasha
April 15, 2005, 08:03 AM
Thanks coach , these aussie u-19 is useless or what ? Thanks for making our u-19 players to beat aussies .......... good on ya mate .

PoorFan
April 15, 2005, 08:06 AM
This is just great!!!!
3 win in raw!!!
Thank's again for the good news coach!

pagol-chagol
April 15, 2005, 08:11 AM
mashrafe is an exception though: i mean how many cricketers bat, bowl and keep equally well

Ummm, not EQUALLY well.

pagol-chagol
April 15, 2005, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by Banglar Chasha
Thanks coach , these aussie u-19 is useless or what ?

Please don't say that. They are just kids learning. Most of our under 19 have been making money playing cricket for a while.

pagol-chagol
April 15, 2005, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by Spitfire_x86
What's the point of good result in U-19 WC, if these players can't do better when they play at senior level? U-19 teams are supposed to be development platform for future generation senior players.

Imagine if we had lost all three. We would be saying all kinds of things like - these kids are losers; etc. Some have already started calling the Australian kids just that !!!

Thanks coach. Thanks also for posting.

Banglar Chasha
April 15, 2005, 08:23 AM
It's back to back victory started from Bangladesh u-19 plate final still we haven't lost with them , that's great . All the credits going to the Coach and our players but we have to keep our winning method to will as many as possible to give aussie u-19 a big time headache .....

Hasib
April 15, 2005, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by Banglar Chasha
Thanks coach , these aussie u-19 is useless or what ? Thanks for making our u-19 players to beat aussies .......... good on ya mate .

the 1st 2 were against Aus u-19... but today wasn't...

AsifTheManRahman
April 15, 2005, 09:18 AM
Mushfiqur Rahim all the waaaaaayyyy....this guy and dhiman are slowly but steadily becoming my all time favourites! :)

zaed
April 16, 2005, 12:30 AM
when ever we win we should apriciate it....
lets not start to figure out the strength of the opponent...:fanflag:

shujan
April 17, 2005, 05:24 AM
Originally posted by Spitfire_x86

haha ! What is smoke?

shujan
April 17, 2005, 05:25 AM
Is Ganja free now-a-days.

Akib
April 17, 2005, 08:57 AM
thanks coach for the update....

:bravo: to our team for winning 3 games in a row.

Tasin
April 18, 2005, 10:33 PM
When is the next game of the U-19 team?

bourny3
April 19, 2005, 02:30 AM
tomorrow

AsifTheManRahman
April 19, 2005, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by Blah
For your information. Suggesting that Aussie might be playing their U-19 A team is "taking credit away from them".

Eternal Sunshine of a Pessimists Mind.

Blah

it's called speculation, my friend. not suggestion, but speculation. expected reaction from those whose hearts have been shattered to pieces day after day, month after month and year after year :)

Edited on, April 19, 2005, 7:37 PM GMT, by AsifTheManRahman.

Blah
April 19, 2005, 08:26 PM
You are not the only one who has gone trough a period of frastration. We all went through this. But this has to end some time. Even when we loose. Consistent pessimestic thinking is not healthy.

Blah

observer
April 20, 2005, 02:35 AM
Game 5 report

Name How Out Bowler Runs Balls
Nazmus Saddat Ct WK K Charles 6 37
Hampson
Roqibul Hassan Bowled B Wiliams 5 6

Farhad Hossain Ct Point Logue 42 67

Shamsu Rahman Ct Point Charles 17 37

Marshall Ayub Ct wk Louden 10 26
Hampson