PDA

View Full Version : The Rana issue revisited

AsifTheManRahman
April 14, 2005, 11:33 AM
Sorry for bringing this up again guys, but I was wondering whether any of our friends from her Majesty's land may enlighten us upon how well Rana fares in English conditions against medium pacers, and how well he bowls for that matter. I understand that he has played in England for a season, and recognize the fact that he had only to face some mere minor county(?) opponents. However, if you have seen him play in England, or at least even followed him, I'd appreciate it if you could enlighten us.

Sham, maybe? ;)

Beamer
April 14, 2005, 11:53 AM
And he should only play against some minor county non-descript opponents, not against test opponents. Suits him better..

Fazal
April 14, 2005, 12:15 PM
... let it go .... let it go .... let it go....

Sham
April 14, 2005, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by AsifTheManRahman
Sorry for bringing this up again guys, but I was wondering whether any of our friends from her Majesty's land may enlighten us upon how well Rana fares in English conditions against medium pacers, and how well he bowls for that matter. I understand that he has played in England for a season, and recognize the fact that he had only to face some mere minor county(?) opponents. However, if you have seen him play in England, or at least even followed him, I'd appreciate it if you could enlighten us.

Sham, maybe? ;)

Haven't seen him play in England so can't comment on that. As for how I think he will fare, I think I've gone on about it enough in other threads and I don't want to start sounding like a broken record. In short though, good for ODIs, not so for Test matches, thats my take!