PDA

View Full Version : Update of U-19 match vs Sunshine Coast

mona
April 16, 2005, 02:20 AM
Just called fab who is at Caloundra, and this is the state of the match:

Sunshine Coast were 92 all out
Bangladesh are now 2/63 after 15 overs

Looks like an easy win...fab will give all details when she gets back.

Shehwar
April 16, 2005, 02:22 AM
Awesome :up:

Mueid
April 16, 2005, 02:36 AM
92 all out? i reckon this opposition team isnt that strong compared to the others.

PoorFan
April 16, 2005, 04:26 AM
Sunshine Coast seems too weak or what?
Another win is great anyway. :great:

Hasib
April 16, 2005, 04:45 AM
Sunshine Coast... its an u19 city team versus an u19 National team... that is how we HAVE TO win against them!!! Any close wins r as good as losses !!!

fab
April 16, 2005, 05:40 AM
I don't think this team was an U19 team. The game they played yesterday was u19.

BD U19 won by 7 wickets and scored 93 off 25 overs. Main scorer was Mazharuddin.

Edited on, April 16, 2005, 10:46 AM GMT, by fab.

observer
April 16, 2005, 05:42 AM
Bangladesh V Sunshine Coast XI

Sunshine Coast won the toss and elected tobat

Conditions: after heavy rain during the week, the wicket was slow and the outfield very heavy.

D Bazana Ct R Hasan Dollar 11
J Thomas Ct Mushfiq Shuvo 21
A Maynard Ct Aslam 13
C Muir Ct Mushfiq Aslam 0
B Kelly Bowled Aslam 1
C Ditchman Ct Shamsu Shuvo 15
J Johnston Bowled Rajon 7
K Griggs Ct & Bwld Rajon 8
P Cash Ct Shuvo 1
T Hardingham Not Out 2
S Gardiner Ct Mushfiq Shuvo 0

Extras 13

Total 92
Overs 35

Dollar Mahmud 5 0 27 1
Aslam Khan 10 3 17 3
Nazmul Hossain 5 0 12 0
Shamsu Rahman 3 0 13 0
Schowartie Shuvo 5.5 2 7 4
Rajon 6 1 13 2

Bangladesh Innings

Nazmus Saddat Ct Kelly Ditchman 8
Roqibul Hassan Ct Hardingham Cash 31
Mehdi Hassan Ct Thomas Gardiner 0
Mazaruddin Not Out 42
Farhad Hossain Not Out 5

Extras 7

Total 3 for 93
Overs 25

Bangladesh U19 win by 7 wkts

fab
April 16, 2005, 05:45 AM
oooh great! Thanks a bunch coach :)

So the next game is against Maryborough?

Red Cherry
April 16, 2005, 05:48 AM
What is the quality of these opposition? I just wonder. If they are really strong we can now start dreaming of winning the U19 WC.

Hasib
April 16, 2005, 06:56 AM
Originally posted by fab
oooh great! Thanks a bunch coach :)

So the next game is against Maryborough?

Maryborough? Thats close to where I usually live... (but rite now im in bris for uni)

Hasib
April 16, 2005, 07:00 AM
Originally posted by Red Cherry
What is the quality of these opposition? I just wonder. If they are really strong we can now start dreaming of winning the U19 WC.

Im assuming the Aus team was a decent team... but the 2 recent games were definatly not... as i said earlier...these r CITY teams... i guess they r just games to get us used to the conditions (as Richard pointed out earlier originally it seemed like the WC will be in Aus)

btw...when r the games for Maryborough sceduled?... they wudnt play any in Bundy now will they?

Hasib
April 16, 2005, 07:19 AM
Here is an article that mentions Bangladesh touring Australia...the first Australian source that I have found that does. It isnt about us but about a Sunshine Coast Batsman... but we r named.

Maynard to pad up for closing digs on Coast

By Anthony Fisher sport@scnews.com.au DEPARTING Scorchers batsman Aaron Maynard will play two emotional closing digs against Bangladesh’s champion under-19 cricket side this weekend to bring down the curtain on his Sunshine Coast career.

The 22-year-old will next week hop a plane bound for Scotland to join Edinburgh club Heriots for the country’s premier cricket season.

He will return to Australia in September, but not to play for his beloved Scorchers in the XXXX grade season, after making the decision to spend the 2005/06 season pursuing a Victorian first-class contract through a long-term stint with the Geelong Cricket Club.

Maynard yesterday said he was on a mission to make sure Friday and Saturday’s 50-over day-nighters against the 2004 under-19 World Cup plate winners would be as memorable as his most recent season for the Scorchers, where he topped the club’s A-grade runs aggregate in assisting the team to its best-ever premiership finish.

“It would be nice (to score a hundred). Especially to finish with a win,” said Maynard.

“It will be pretty hard to leave the boys, but I feel this is something I’ve got to do. It’s now or never to try and make it to first-class cricket.”

A Queensland Academy of Sport player for the past three years, Maynard said he would ideally have liked to have made his first-class debut with the Bulls, but accepted there were many hopefuls jostling for the same honour.

“There seems to be a bit of a queue up here,” said Maynard. “But maybe I can follow the lead of Shane Watson – crack it down in Victoria and come back to play with the Bulls.”

Maynard will be joined on-field by some of the region’s best emerging and proven talent, including experienced Scorchers Jeff Thomas, Dane Adams, Paul Cash, Tim Hardingham and Scott Gardiner, when two distinct squads clash with the Bangladeshi side at Caloundra’s Henzell Park tomorrow and Saturday.

The matches will also be some of the last in charge for Bangladesh coach Richard McInnes, who will vacate his current post as high-performance manager for the emerging cricket nation to take up a position with Australia’s centre of cricket excellence in Brisbane later this year.

A former Queensland Cricket and Australian academy coach, McInnes led the Bangladesh 19s to an eight-run victory over Australia in the consolation plate final of the 2004 under-19 World Cup, but accepted the offer to return home for family reasons.

This weekend’s matches will signal the beginning of a regional Queensland tour for the Bangladeshis who are slated to play games against QAS, regional QAS and Tropical North following its tour-opening victory over Australia’s under-19s at the Gabba on Tuesday.

Source: Sunshine Coast Daily (http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/storydisplay.cfm?storyid=3631443&thesection=localsport&thesubsection=&thesecondsubsection=)

So i guess since he is 22 it was a normal Sunshine coast team

James90
April 16, 2005, 07:28 AM
Sunshine Coast and Caloundra are cricket deprived, beach towns. Could explain that better possibly. They're not as good as a Brisbane club though.

observer
April 16, 2005, 07:55 AM
Sunshine Coast Scorchers are actually a Brisbane Grade team and played in the first grade semi finals this years in the two day competition and the final of the one day competition, making them one of the top 3 or clubs in the Brisbane First Grade competition.

The teams we have played over the past two days, have been strong on paper, but have been outplayed, which is good for us (Bangladesh)

To give you some idea of the players involved.
Jeff Thomas - 32 year old former Queensland Bulls opening batsmen - plenty of first class experience
Aaron Maynard - leading run scorer for Scorchers in first grade and QAS / QLD 2nd XI player
Chris McCabe - 24 yro former Aust U19 squad member, QAS and Qld Colts players
Scott Gardiner - First grade player and Australian INdoor Cricket player for many years
Dane Adams, Steve Ledger, Cam Muir, Paul Cash, HArdingham, Justin Orchard all have played several seasons of Brisbane First grade.

Hope that helps. It seems a little frustrating that every time we win a game, every jumps in to say the opposition must be hopeless. The guys are playing some pretty good cricket at the moment, we have been bowling very good lines and building pressure which has been backed up with excellent fielding. Our batsmen have all been contributing at different times and we have been getting good starts in difficult batting conditions through Saddat and Roqibul.

chinaman
April 16, 2005, 08:40 AM
Thank you very much, coach. That's all we wanted to hear.

Too bad for us, you will be leaving just when you started to get the pleasant returns! Hope you will be back someday with more tricks :)

You really turned things around. We will miss you big time.

Blah
April 16, 2005, 09:17 AM
I agree.
Most posters here are too critical about everything.

If we win, "Oh, there must be something wrong with the opposition"

If we loose, "Oh there must be something wrong with the team."

Always pessimist thinking.
A win is a win.
We don't have to win a "certain" way with absolute dominance, just because we "think" that the opposition is so weak that just a win is not enough.

It's easier said than done. Have some reality check guys.

And good job coach, you have our support regardless of the outcome of the game, we know you are trying your best.

Cheers,
Blah

sunniath
April 16, 2005, 10:18 AM
[i]Hope that helps. It seems a little frustrating that every time we win a game, every jumps in to say the opposition must be hopeless.

I know how frustrating it can be. The thing is that we have been deceived before. Does anybody remember Dana and Gothia Cup? Although, it was a football tournament, I still get suspicious when I hear that our youth teams are beating the crap out of others.

sunniath
April 16, 2005, 10:19 AM
Forgot to add, I am wishing our young boys success from the bottom of my heart. You are after all the future of our cricket.

betaar
April 16, 2005, 10:46 AM
Coach,
your stay in BD is like a a relationship that's at its peak right before a heartbeaking break up.
We have been so proud to have two of the best coaches, as good things don't last forever we have say good bye to you, but I only wish you have couple more years to train our young cubs as that will ensure a better future for cricket craze country like ours.
All the best to you and your family.

sunniath
April 16, 2005, 11:08 AM
According to Bangladesherkhela.com, BD played another game with against the same side and won the game by 69 runs.Is there any update on that match?

pagol-chagol
April 16, 2005, 11:13 AM
Thanks Coach and Hasib for the info.

Thanks coach for everything.

Enjoy your children's childhood!

aosaif
April 16, 2005, 12:37 PM
Yo Coach,
Thanks for the update the status of the teams we are playing. If you say they're good, then as far as I'm concerned, they're good. Thanks for coaching our team and staying connected with the fans - thats something hardly any coach in the world is willing to do. It is impossible to express my (and our) gratitude to you for all the work you've put into making our boys competitive and putting up with the media and fan criticism. Wish you all the best in all your future endeavours. By the way, I'll be in Brisbane in August this year. Any chance of meeting you there?

dukha
April 16, 2005, 01:28 PM
Why wanna only win the wc-u-19 win the world cup in 2007 what ya guys think ?

shaoun
April 16, 2005, 01:42 PM
thank you very much coach. thank you for every thing you have done for our cricket. thank you for visiting this site and giving us update. we wish you best of luck in australia. hope your coaching career shines.

DOORBIN
April 16, 2005, 07:50 PM
observer,
(Bangladesh U-19 coach)

I was really pleased to meet you yesterday, but didn't want to take too much of your time by asking a lot of questions.

As a Bangladesh cricket fan, I really had a lot of questions to ask though.

I have been closely observing Bangladesh cricket, although from a long distance during the last 10 years; and it appears to me that we have travelled a long way at a fast pace, especially during the last 5 years or so.
A lot of credit goes to you and Dav Whatmore.

I would love to watch one or two more matches if time and opportunity permits. Please let us know the schedule of next matches (Location, dates, and the name of the opposition).

Thanks and regards

Hasib
April 16, 2005, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by sunniath
According to Bangladesherkhela.com, BD played another game with against the same side and won the game by 69 runs.Is there any update on that match?

Its in this thread somewhere...

Click Here (http://banglacricket.com/alochona/viewthread.php?tid=10854&page=2)

sunniath
April 17, 2005, 01:36 PM
Thank you.