PDA

View Full Version : cricket info !

desi_pride
April 16, 2005, 09:27 AM
I'm a new fan of cricket and i just want to know some info about cricket.

when was the last time Bangladesh win a cricket cup /

Edited on, April 16, 2005, 2:43 PM GMT, by desi_pride.

aosaif
April 16, 2005, 09:45 AM
are u sure ur a new fan?

u have 99 posts man!

anyways...if u are....don't worry.....there's more than enough ppl on this website to help u out.

the last time was when we won the one day series against zimbabwe. We also won the preceding test series against the same team. Our U-19 team won the plate final against Aus U-19 in the U-19 world cup. I hope this is enough info to start u off on your cricketing education. There is a lot to learn buddy!

desi_pride
April 16, 2005, 10:02 AM
thanks it's a lot for a start !

Hasib
April 16, 2005, 10:20 AM
Welcome to cricket :up:

desi_pride
April 16, 2005, 10:21 AM
how does bangladesh international cricket jersey's look like :-/

Hasib
April 16, 2005, 10:25 AM
This shud give u an idea

http://www.tribuneindia.com/2004/20041227/sp3.jpg

Xavier
April 16, 2005, 10:30 AM
desi_pride you are a cricket newcomer more than I am!

Start from here:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/default.stm

look at "International Teams" and "Archive", you'll find a lot of stuff!

And this can be helpful too:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cricket

and at last, this is a must for any cricket-fan:
http://www.cricinfo.com

---->and if you look for info about bangla cricket... you are on the right site!

Edited on, April 16, 2005, 3:31 PM GMT, by Xavier.

Red Cherry
April 16, 2005, 11:00 AM
I guess it's already information overload for a newcomer!!!!

desi_pride
April 17, 2005, 10:22 AM
1. Who's the best bowler ?

2. Who's the best bater ?

Rubu
April 17, 2005, 11:07 AM
first off, we do not use the term bater, rather batsman. are u talking about bangladesh or worldwide? check out the ICC cricket ranking for the top list of batsman and bowlers.

as of bangladesh, there will be controversies about both position. still a few to name:

best batsman: ashraful, suman
best bowler: rafique (spin) mashrafee (pace).

cricket_pagla
April 18, 2005, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by desi_pride
1. Who's the best bowler ?

2. Who's the best bater ?

Best Batsman: H.Bashar (in test)
Best Bowler: Rafique (in both terms of the game)

Rubu
April 18, 2005, 12:40 PM
this gives me the idea:

how about we open up a newbie's section on the website. it will include the basics of cricket, and some frequently asked question from people like Xavier or desi_pride. we can include the fielding postions and many other things that will give a newbie a comprensive understanding of the game.

Akib
April 18, 2005, 04:05 PM
I think that is a very good idea. I bet there are a lot of people (well at least some) who do not know some aspects of cricket.

Xavier
April 18, 2005, 04:28 PM
I am not a cricket newcomer anymore... I am a club cricketer now!:)

Jokes apart, I think that cricket is a beautiful game but also it takes time to fully understand it and its rules, maybe that's the reason why it is hard to let people appreciate it out of the ten/twelve countries where it is much popular.
If you see a cricket game without knowing the rules you'll find it boring... just somebody throwing a ball and another guy hitting it.

About the fielding positions I have found a pretty clear pic on the net:
http://ww2.cs.fsu.edu/~thakur/cricket/images/cricket-field-positions.gif

israr
April 19, 2005, 01:04 PM
Well, desi_pride, keep on taking interest in cricket. Eventhough I am a fantic supporter of Bangladesh, I wish that international cricket gains more popularity like soccer. And my advise to you is that just don't try to know it all at once, at first try to learn what are the general rules of cricket, and then what are the different forms of the game and how is it played and so on and on as it gets more complicated.

desi_pride
May 2, 2005, 09:32 PM
What country does Whatmore come from ?

desi_pride
May 2, 2005, 09:36 PM
What is our chance to beat England in our next match ?

FaltuRidwanBhai
May 2, 2005, 09:40 PM
whatmore is multinational. i mean he is a srilankan australian.

FaltuRidwanBhai
May 2, 2005, 09:40 PM
yes we can have a place for GENERAL CRICKET KNOWLEDGE. where we can have answers to some FAQ for cricket too.

FaltuRidwanBhai
May 2, 2005, 09:43 PM
TO: Desi_Pride

Subject: Cricket Knowledge

Seems like u have a lot of interest in cricket. but the thing is that there are too many informationa and too many new words that if you try to learn it at the same time you might get overwhelmed. so i request you to buy a notebook for cricket. where u can write your information. u can also make flashcards for cricket terms and review them at the end of each week. i think u will have a very good knowledge within a few weeks time.

Mahmood
May 2, 2005, 09:56 PM

5.79%

FaltuRidwanBhai
May 2, 2005, 10:13 PM
bapre rajputor bhai dekhi kothin equation likhe felsen. ta nahole atogula decimal ashlo kottheke. :-/:rolleyes:

roaring_tiger
May 3, 2005, 02:06 AM
Originally posted by Rajputro

5.79%

% of beating england by the tigers = (our players' capability) - (english players' capability)*(home condition) +(our mental strength)^(confidance from recent success)+(english players' rehearsal mentality for ashes) - (england's confidance from last years's unbeaten series run) + (our mentality to show the word that we r a test team to reckon with) '+' or '-' english weather (when rain '+' , when ball swings '-' ) +.........lot more emperical things both in +ve and -ve signs

ononto
May 3, 2005, 02:34 AM
5.79 %.... lol thts way too less(much)!!!:(

Sham
May 3, 2005, 05:58 AM

5.79%

I can't agree with this at all. Rajputro is under-estimating our team big time. It should really be 7.59%!

Sorry
May 3, 2005, 06:13 AM

5.79%
It looks like a bank of Englan's interest rate. this is too high!
if we had won 1 test out of 35, the probability of winning next test is 0.0286 (out of 1) regardless of any opposition.
And if you consider England ( second top), realistically, the probability is less than that.
in one day match bd's probability of winning next match is 0.05 (out of 1).

FaltuRidwanBhai
May 3, 2005, 12:14 PM
bapre apnio dekhi kharap calculation korennai. achha keo ki probability ar class nise. othoba keo jodi recently sat porikkha diye thake taile hoito thik thak moton bolte parto.

desi_pride
May 3, 2005, 07:59 PM
5.79 % that's really really low wich mean we wont win against them for sure !
Is it what you guys meant !

Edited on, May 6, 2005, 3:04 PM GMT, by desi_pride.

Edited on, May 6, 2005, 4:50 PM GMT, by desi_pride.

desi_pride
May 6, 2005, 11:53 AM
I played my first cricket game and already made two amazing balls { I threw the ball beetween the legs and hit thoses stick { twice}}

:lol:

FaltuRidwanBhai
May 6, 2005, 11:58 AM
apni ki spinner na pacer na ki amni chuchking koren?

desi_pride
May 6, 2005, 10:49 PM
it was a normal bowl but one thing is sure i made a 360 with my hand and it bownced on the ground that's all i can say

CTazim
May 6, 2005, 10:59 PM
30% First Test is a Draw. About 10% Bangladesh will win. About 70% England will win in 5 days, 60% England will win in 4 days and 20% England will win in 3 days, It is a 10% England will win by an Innings and change.

I will predict about the 2nd Test after the 1st Test.

Probability of us winning at least 1 ODI is fairly high.

desi_pride
May 6, 2005, 11:11 PM
when will it start ?

FaltuRidwanBhai
May 7, 2005, 12:56 AM
it was a normal bowl but one thing is sure i made a 360 with my hand and it bownced on the ground that's all i can say

thats illegal. apnake fine kora hobe. u r only allowed 15 degree. u should join raj with the action improvement camp. he will improve in reality and u will improve virtually in the computer.

desi_pride
May 7, 2005, 08:57 AM
I mean i made a 360 with my arm not my hand so is it still illegal :-/

Edited on, May 7, 2005, 1:58 PM GMT, by desi_pride.

desi_pride
May 7, 2005, 10:00 AM
http://www.banglacricket.com/games/images/cricketers/Mashrafe-vs-Shewag.gif

what kinda bowl is that ?
He made a 360 with his hand right !!!

Edited on, May 7, 2005, 3:02 PM GMT, by desi_pride.

Rubu
May 7, 2005, 10:26 AM
LOL

for pace bowling you can't but move your hand in a circle. at least 180 degree. from the root of your arm to fist. starting from parallel to your body 'til when you release the ball. chucking is when you bend your elbow. you are not supposed to bend it above 15 degree when bowling. in spin bowling you start with a different position but it comes down to the same thing. you can't bend your elbow above fifteen degree at the time of delivary.

Piranha
May 7, 2005, 11:49 AM
Clearly, by saying 360 he means he bowled it 'properly' and that he did NOT chuck it.

I have always said this to new players...for those starting out, play in whatever method seems confortable. As time passes, one can always correct the actions and become a 'proper' cricketer.

For a newbie, the most important thing is to develop a genuine interest in the sport. Technique will always follow in the right direction once the interest has developed.

Keep playing cricket!

Rubu
May 17, 2005, 02:16 PM
i'm digging up this old thread because i've a questions too. i know, i'm supposed to know things like this, but i don't :(

Q: can an umpire give out if no one appeals? (will he?)

akabir77
May 17, 2005, 02:23 PM
no.. if no one appeals no matter how close it is (Catch, runout and LBW) they can't give out.

BanglaCool
May 19, 2005, 05:11 AM
but excessive appealing(wonder how you limit or define that), terror appealing(when you run towards the umpire and appeal) and celebrating in anticipation of a wicket are offenses.