PDA

View Full Version : Healy Writes Off England

dukha
April 16, 2005, 02:16 PM
Healy writes off England
Cricinfo staff
April 10, 2005

Ian Healy: 'I can't see them beating this Bangladeshi team in a game' Getty Images

Ian Healy, the former Australian wicketkeeper, has written off England for the forthcoming Bashes series and believes that they won't win a single Test. Healy cited Bangladesh's recent series against Zimbabwe as an example where all pre-series talk of hard-fought tussles were laid to rest by a rampaging unit."The recent home series was highly anticipated by the Zimbabwe's community as well, and 1-0 and 3-2 rings pretty true," said Healy to ABC Sport. "I think that's how the teams stacked up on paper and it happened on results as well. This England team, while they are better and on track, I can't see them beating this Bangladeshi team in a game." Bangladesh inflicted in five one-dayers and dominated the Tests before winning 1-0 against Zimbabwe in last few months back . Healy didn't give them even the slightest of a chance.
Healy also spoke about Javed Omar's prolonged batting slump in Tests. Javed has failed to score a hundred in his last few matches, "He should be fit, he should be fresh and if he doesn't bounce back he's finished," Healy said. "And that's it. It is pretty clear for Omar's right now. It is going to be quite obvious how his appetite is, he's been a little bit bored I think in the last six months of his cricket, and if he gets his appetite back he'll be sweet." The first Test begins at Lord's on May 26 Bangladesh commence their tour of England a first class match against Brithish University on May 10.

Cricinfo

Edited on, April 16, 2005, 7:39 PM GMT, by dukha.

Rubu
April 16, 2005, 02:21 PM
good to see some support from an australian when guys like warne or ponting are always on our tail. it also seems that this guy is actually keeping track of bd cricket.

i hope bd can keep it up to his expectation!

Banglar Chasha
April 16, 2005, 02:22 PM
wow !!!!!!!! Great topic now we can win ........

Arnab
April 16, 2005, 02:23 PM
Healy is on helium.

dukha
April 16, 2005, 02:32 PM
We might have a good chance now .......

Sham
April 16, 2005, 02:33 PM
Guys, Healy didn't say that about Bangladesh, he said it about Australia!

And in the article, he spoke of Hayden, not Javed Omar.

Dukha, this is just stupid! What are you on man? First you start a stupid thread, and then you reply to it as Banglar Chasha! We know you are using both nicks and its getting annoying!!

dukha
April 16, 2005, 02:36 PM
haha Sham how do ya know he didn't say about Bangladesh ? He did , i can open another 20 id's and then support Healy ......he said about Bangladesh last week and also he said about Australia today .

Edited on, April 16, 2005, 7:38 PM GMT, by dukha.

Arnab
April 16, 2005, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by dukha
haha Sham how do ya know he didn't say about Bangladesh ? He did , i can open another 20 id's and then support Healy ......

Do you actually WANT to get banned for acting this crazy?

Sham
April 16, 2005, 02:39 PM
And we can ban you! Whats your point? People can go to the CricInfo site and find out for themselves who he said it about!

dukha
April 16, 2005, 02:42 PM
When ya can prove Healy didn't say nothing about bangladesh then ban me ,ok before that just read it ..... He said about Bangladesh last week and today about Australia ......... And mr. sham read the terms and conditions , it says "Every members can post a topic" and it didn't say it has to be great topic mate ..........

Edited on, April 16, 2005, 7:52 PM GMT, by dukha.

Sham
April 16, 2005, 02:56 PM
Tell me, the CricInfor article that you have quoted in the first post of the thread, was that particular one about Bangladesh or Australia? And did you not change it?

This is going beyond stupid! We don't expect members to post great topics, but what you did amounts to a libel my friend. Its a form of defamation and that is illegal, let alone stupid!

chinaman
April 16, 2005, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by dukha
i can open another 20 id's and then support Healy

What that supposed to mean? Why are you using multiple nicks?

aosaif
April 16, 2005, 03:03 PM
I advise that Dukha be banned from this site for posting **** like this.

Edited on, April 16, 2005, 8:05 PM GMT, by Sham.

aosaif
April 16, 2005, 03:04 PM
Hey I just became a first class cricketer. Too bad my 200th post had to be about cursing Dukha...the idiot.

Sham
April 16, 2005, 03:04 PM
Here is the link to the real article on Cricinfo:

Healy writes off England (http://uk.cricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/CRICKET_NEWS/2005/APR/233445_ENGAUS2005_16APR2005.html)

Akib
April 16, 2005, 03:05 PM
I think we really need these drug tests now... THis is in da wrong forum people. THis article has nothing to do with BD cricket.

chinaman
April 16, 2005, 03:09 PM
Please do not post replies in this thread. Right now I'm using this to communicate with dukha / Banglar Chasha.

I'll delete this thread once I'm done. Thank you very much.

dukha
April 16, 2005, 03:12 PM
haha chinaman how many nick ya gonna ban Bad luck mate ..........

Edited on, April 16, 2005, 8:15 PM GMT, by dukha.

chinaman
April 16, 2005, 03:25 PM
I'm going to temporarily ban these two nicks (dukha and Banglar Chasha) for a week.

We'll monitor your activities, if any, during the coming week. If you attempt to sign up with different nicks and or abuse / misuse banglacricket's resources in any way or form, we will consider further drastic actions.

Mahmood
April 16, 2005, 04:14 PM
I think Dukha did not understand the power of a moderator.

Dukha, There is two types of ban. A nick can get banned, yes, you can open a new nick then. The other one is IP ban, f they choose to Ban you, they will not ban your nick, they will ban your IP, that means, you will not be able to even come to www.banglacricket.com, forget making a new nick.

I suggest you follow what they say, or else you will find out what banned really means.