PDA

View Full Version : I'm an England fan and I have news for you...

Rob
April 17, 2005, 06:57 PM
Pietersens in, he is played today in a one day game and is fine, although only got 5 :(

Trescothicks in, he played a full 4 day game the other day, so no worries there, he is fine.

Bob Keys in excellent form, a 70 odd and a big hundred in the two warm up games.

Vaughans class, well its just a matter of him showing it for once in a while.

Harmisons bowling brilliantly, took 4-19 for Durham the other day.

Hoggards doing as consistently well as usual.

Giles took 9 wickets in a County Championship game on a flat pitch against a good Glamorgan side.

S Jones is in good form, took 3-17 in 8 overs today and bowled with pace and venom against class batsman at Lancs.

Geriant Jones is in good form for Kent in the warm up games.

Strauss is pure class.

We won't need Freddie to beat you, you don't have a hope, I reckon Hoggard will destroy you on the seaming pitches ! Good luck, you need plenty of it! :D

say
April 17, 2005, 07:02 PM
what are you smoking??

Rubayed
April 17, 2005, 07:09 PM
Wow! what a news u've brought for us!! we r really scared!!!;) No really! jokes apart! Who cares about all the above mentioned players, u can have your Freddie too. We dont care! Its a pity that u take great pride on saying something like we have no hope winning against England. If u can hope of winning the ASHES then hell yeah!!! we hope to winn against England too. What is wrong with it? After playing Circket for over hundred years u r still not the best, infact u guys never were the best and we barely started, so give us some time. I'm not gonna get into a catfight with u saying how we'll beat England, as long as we play to our full potential we will be very happy but u've got bigger things to worry about buddy. Aussies r coming!!!

Rob
April 17, 2005, 07:12 PM
You will get slaughtered by England are you know you will chaps.

No one in England thinks we will actuall win the Ashes, its a matter of competing in and Ashes series for once which people are getting a bit excited about,

Actually, we were the best once, when cricket first started and we were well up there in the late Botham era if it was not for the Windies pacemen.

say
April 17, 2005, 07:16 PM
move over agentSmith, the new 'knig' has arrived.

Akib
April 17, 2005, 07:22 PM
LOL.... you signed on to this forum to say that.... sad.....

Oh well. Even before your lecture on Englands players performance the chances of BD winning were slim. Any realistic fan should be going for a draw first (an optimistic fan would go for a win). Also this series is over a month away. Any of these players may get injured or play really badly.... So there is no use telling us how good your players are now.

ialbd
April 17, 2005, 07:25 PM
Wow... England fans are actually threatening us with their power (lol) ..... finally we are getting some attention.

Thats a really good sign for our cricket, I hope the day is not far when the British Sports Headline will say "Tigers Coming : England Captain Worried"...
________
Iolite Vaporizer (http://iolitevaporizer.net/)

Rubayed
April 17, 2005, 07:34 PM
I feel sorry for this dude! The fact that he even bothered to sign into this forum and post this thread is a sign in itself that they r actually thinking about us. Well,,,all i can say to u is, if i were u i wouldnt waste my time posting these kind of rubbish. Its still over a month away. Beside just as u dont really hope of winning the ashes inspite of playing cricket for so long, we feel the same about playing England,although we r relatively a new cricket team compare to old England.As i said we will be quite content and satisfied to be able to just compete with England in this tour.

Edited on, April 18, 2005, 1:01 AM GMT, by Rubayed.
Reason: Rephrased it!

Tintin
April 17, 2005, 07:42 PM
You will get slaughtered by England are you know you will chaps.

Not really a nice way of introducing yourself to a messageboard, is it ?

Do hang around and post. We would appreciate it if you are more objective.

Shehwar
April 17, 2005, 10:09 PM
Yeah...yeah.....BRING 'EM ON !!!

bourny3
April 18, 2005, 03:51 AM
good on ya rob just you wait and see what happens you havent won yet.

Fazal
April 18, 2005, 09:33 AM
Gelee....

South Africa Ailoo...

ialbd
April 18, 2005, 09:40 AM
its very unlikely that the guy will come back to this forum...
________
ARIZONA DISPENSARIES (http://dispensaries.org/)

Carte Blanche
April 18, 2005, 11:11 AM
Damn, I really thought we had a chance of winning the test series. I think I know better now. Thanks Rob.

chinaman
April 18, 2005, 11:24 AM
Let's not scare away the gentleman now. We'll have plenty of time to do that in their own backyard. :)

Any more updates, rob22888?

Tyrant
April 18, 2005, 11:57 AM
are u on weed man

Rubu
April 18, 2005, 12:54 PM
first off, i'd like to welcome rob22888 on this forum.

having a opposition fans during game time increases the fun a lot more.

secondly, it is a mental advantage for bd already when u say that we are not gonna win.
how, because we are not expected to win. when u tihnk of it that means we did make things that way by our performance :)

last, but not least, we do have a few trump cards as well. with the proper use of them, we can hope to draw at least one test and i'll consider that a big success.

* be careful about rafique. he can scare anyone does not matter how much spin unfriendly the pitch is.
* enamul gonna smash u if he can get just a bit of assistance from the pitch.
* ashraful is waiting for another 158*. on his day, he can make any bowling attack look ordinary.
* remember the guy named nafis? he, after smashing the england spinners for a century as an u19 kid, called them ordinary. he is gonna open batting now.
* ask any WI fan, or anyone who played bd, who has the stickiest tailenders of the world (keeping australia apart). when u gonna think that the innings gonna end in 30 min, it will only be the starting for some guys like rafique, pilot, mashrafee or taposh.
* go to our multimedia section and have a look at how mashrafee uprooted shewag. that will give u some insight of what he can do on a seaming wicket.

yeah, u are gonna have some surprises as well. :)

Edited on, April 18, 2005, 5:56 PM GMT, by AgentSmith.

oracle
April 18, 2005, 01:19 PM
Guys
our friend does not mention Bangladesh anywhere in his original post. I have a vague feeling he got lost on the way back from the pub. Maybe he thought this was baggy green?:)

Akib
April 18, 2005, 03:58 PM
Must of thought this was a aussiecricket.com.....

Rob
April 18, 2005, 06:44 PM
I hope you compete, but I just can't see it unfortunatly folks.

The problem will be your batsmen on the seaming wickets, especially the pitch in the 2nd test at Durham which is known for swinging a lot, Hoggard will be a big threat to you. Your batsmen have little/no experience in those conditions.

I like the look of that Hossain lad, Rafiques a good performer and the England players were saying how impressed they were in Enamul after the last tour to your place. But, I can can still see England making 350, 400+ pretty comfortably. Remember, Trescothick really bashing your spinners about last time, Freddie really did take them to the cleaners but he isn't playing.

Your batsmen will loose it for you I think, your bowling has never been bad. Too little experience in our conditions, and your batters hardely impressed in the ICC Throphy, your bowlers either for that matter.

2-0 for England, but there will be uncomfortable moments for England, but England will just be too strong in the end.

You did beat Zimbabwe, but England beat the full strength Zimbabwe a year or so ago when England were poor, by an innings and plenty in both tests.

jabbar
April 18, 2005, 07:34 PM
rob22888, you're last post is a fair summary of teh situation. I do hope the series is competitive, not merely for entertainment's sake, but for the sake of Bangladesh cricket...

I think England and the ICC in general all want BD to do well as BD represents a lucrative market, and the success of the BD team is a key to success in this market.

cracky
April 18, 2005, 07:41 PM
Don't worry rob22888. We are all excited for this tour. maybe, we are hopping bit high. But, you know England is the second weakest opponent after Zimbabwe. So, we think it will be easier to defeat England and Zimbabwe than any other countries at the moment. :D

And even if we can't win, at least in the future we will be able to say that we once played against England, who used to play cricket, not anymore.

Frankly, The popularity of Cricket in UK is going down day by day. So, why do you even bother rob????

Akib
April 18, 2005, 09:01 PM
England is the second weakest opponent after Zimbabwe???

Originally posted by Tyrant
are u on weed man

England is ranked the second highest in tests. It has been their best year in a long time. They are playing very well and might beat the aussies..... in one match. The second weakest opponent after Zimbabwe is either West Indies or New Zealand.

Rubayed
April 18, 2005, 09:32 PM
In all fairness!! England is a very good test team. No doubt about that. So guys lets not insult English team only because some guy feels we stand no chance against them. We should respect his opinion but there is a huge difference between what rob22888 said in his first post compare to in his last. He makes more sense in his last post and its alright on his part to doubt whether we will be able to compete with English cricket team or not. We as Bangladeshi cricket fans have every reason to be hopeful but we r not in any delusion that we will win a test or two. All we r hoping is that we will be able to compete. To c who is right, we'd rather wait untill 7th June.

say
April 18, 2005, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by chinaman
Let's not scare away the gentleman now. We'll have plenty of time to do that in their own backyard. :)

Any more updates, rob22888?

'gentleman' ?? :duh: Chinabhai, I applaud your sense of humor...

couger
April 19, 2005, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by rob22888
Actually, we were the best once, when cricket first started and we were well up there in the late Botham era if it was not for the Windies pacemen.

No, no, you were nowhere near the top when Botham was around. English media liked to think that but records indicate otherwise.

Rob
April 19, 2005, 06:17 AM
Whys everyone so against England? Denial? You are entitled to an opinion but there is a lot of utter rubbish being spoken with all due respect. I only hope that those saying this rubbish are WUMS (wind up merchants).

I invite you to join my thriving cricket board. http://www.tms24.co.nr - WUMS will be banned though.

Spitfire_x86
April 19, 2005, 08:42 AM
This thread at his forum suggests that he has read some "dukha" marka posts from some BD fan (http://tms24.proboards40.com/index.cgi?board=englandforum&action=display&num=1113916205)

couger
April 19, 2005, 07:00 PM
Whys everyone so against England? Denial? You are entitled to an opinion but there is a lot of utter rubbish being spoken with all due respect. I only hope that those saying this rubbish are WUMS (wind up merchants).

If anything it is you who's in denial. Your comments about England being at the top during Botham is ridiculous at best. It is like saying England is close to Australia today due to England's high ranking in tests. The fact is West Indies were as Australia are a class apart from England, forget what the rankings are. It is merely wishful thinking on England fans' part.

Akib
April 19, 2005, 07:02 PM
Don't worry rob. After a while, maybe after the england tour this board wont be as hostile.

TigerFan
April 19, 2005, 10:52 PM
well I don't give a damn sh** about your news. Find some englo forum and dump your garbage there. Itz a bangladeshi forum, show some respect, if you've learnt how to do so in the first place. I hope you get my news now rob.

Daddy_Mac
April 20, 2005, 12:34 AM
You are not writing this to be beaten by the public....! are you?

RazabQ
April 20, 2005, 01:33 AM
TigerFan & Daddy_Mac,

Let's be civil. Bangali atithiota is world famous. Don't set bad examples :)

Spitfire_x86
April 20, 2005, 05:47 AM
Agree with you.

TigerFan & Daddy_Mac, please edit your comments.

TigerFan
April 20, 2005, 06:20 AM
let him change first, then I'll change it too. He is the one triggered it first.

TigerFan
April 20, 2005, 06:21 AM
athithiota shouldn't be done to a wrong person, or someone who kicks your behind

Spitfire_x86
April 20, 2005, 08:38 AM
athithiota shouldn't be done to a wrong person, or someone who kicks your behind
He's new, so we can give him time, can't we?

Besides that, where's the fun without posters with different views?

TigerFan
April 20, 2005, 10:57 AM
sure, post as many as you want. Take as much time as possible. Just don't offend anyone.

akabir77
April 20, 2005, 12:29 PM
Bottom line:

Bangladesh winning over england has more chances then england winning the ashes.. so worry about that we will worry about our on slought.... We know the england style from East india company... SO nothing new there....

Ahmed_B
April 20, 2005, 03:44 PM
Whys everyone so against England? Denial? You are entitled to an opinion but there is a lot of utter rubbish being spoken with all due respect. I only hope that those saying this rubbish are WUMS (wind up merchants)..
OK... time to take a deep breath now..

We BD fans always enjoy the company of fans from the other side during series times... but that is only if they are here for friendship and not bragging alone.

BD is expected to be dominated by England.. nothing new in that. But mind it, there will be surprises from BD side also.. and few humiliations on England's side as well... it's our promise! :up:

Enjoy your stay in the tiger's forum.... :flag:

Daddy_Mac
April 21, 2005, 12:14 PM
I have one thing to say "Oil your own machine"...
And there is no reason to supprt the English dude...!