PDA

View Full Version : 24-0

Rubu
April 18, 2005, 10:30 AM
LINK>> (http://www.bangladesherkhela.com/default.asp?strrefer=displayocr&straction=headline&iItemID=13072&iCategoryID=1)

he he he. only 24 goals in 90 minutes? thats one goal in every 3.75 minutes.

i know, i know, this is the first time women football team play and stuff. but its funny nevertheless.

is this a record?

mahbubH
April 18, 2005, 10:38 AM
I think we did well agains Japan.

AsifTheManRahman
April 18, 2005, 10:45 AM
i dont have the fonts installed at work. can anyone give me a summary? thanks.

Rubu
April 18, 2005, 10:47 AM
bangladesh team lost 24-0 to japan in the AFC cup u17 women football league. before, bangladesh lost to guam (never heard the name of this country before) by 1-0 on the first game.

Tintin
April 18, 2005, 10:51 AM
Would have been a record if it was a seniors match.

http://www.rsssf.com/miscellaneous/ddi.html#women

Bad luck :)

Shehwar
April 18, 2005, 11:15 AM
Hmm...What exactly does the result of the match suggest....?.......

Xavier
April 18, 2005, 12:57 PM
Record for male teams is Australia-American Samoa 31-0, WC 2002 qualifier. I wonder how a team can lose 31 goals... it is like losing ten wickets in 20 balls.

Btw do you know which country scored the fastest goal ever in national team matches and which was the opposite?
If you don't know you will never guess...

Rubu
April 18, 2005, 12:59 PM
i read somewhere that it was 2 seconds. dont remember anything else. the guy at the center got the ball and shoot it toward the goal and it went in.

Tintin
April 18, 2005, 12:59 PM
Turkey ?

AsifTheManRahman
April 18, 2005, 01:00 PM
fastest goal ever - turkey, hakan sukur?

Xavier
April 18, 2005, 01:03 PM
I think the two second goal was a u21 Yugoslavia-Cyprus, I saw that goal years ago...

I mean fastest goal in a official WC qualifyer, I laughed a lot about that.... anybody else guessing before I write the answer?

Edited on, April 18, 2005, 6:09 PM GMT, by Xavier.

Xavier
April 18, 2005, 01:31 PM
Here it is:

It was a San Marino-England World Cup 1994 qualifyer, last match: England needed to score seven goals to qualify (and Holland not winning vs Poland), it seemed not impossible knowing the level (very low) of the opponent. So the game started and after eight (8!) seconds there was a goal by... San Marino!!! :lol:
Davide Gualtieri scored for the minnowest european country!

Check here:
No England player has matched the fastest goal ever scored against England, by Davide Gualtieri for San Marino at 8.3 seconds of the final match of the ill-fated World Cup 1994 qualifying campaign in Bologna, Italy on 17 November 1993. Here is Jonathon Pearce's radio commentary as the match kicked off: "Welcome to Bologna on Capital Gold for England versus San Marino with Tennent's Pilsner, brewed with Czechoslovakian yeast for that extra Pilsner taste and England are one down."

http://www.englandfootballonline.com/TeamHist/RecsPlyrGlsFastest.html

So the english got a great record to testify they are masters of football!

(btw England finally won 7-1 and did not qualify for the wc)

babubangla
April 18, 2005, 03:56 PM
Bangladesh Goalkeeper got Nervous!!
Here is the comments both coaches after Japan trashed Bangladesh by 24-0.

Japanese coach Morinao Imaizumi said that he liked the spirit of the Bangladesh players who never gave up trying despite the huge loss.

Bangladesh Coach Mosharaf Badal commented that he changed his goalkeeper in the second half because she got nervous after letting in six to seven goals. Also, he said that the team was not used to the lighter Nike balls compared to the Adidas ones they were using in training.

James90
April 19, 2005, 06:41 AM
Originally posted by AsifTheManRahman
fastest goal ever - turkey, hakan sukur?
Fastest World Cup goal? Yes
Fastest ever? No

mahbubH
April 19, 2005, 06:49 AM
Also, he said that the team was not used to the lighter Nike balls compared to the Adidas ones they were using in training.

:)

Edited on, April 19, 2005, 11:50 AM GMT, by sports_fan_bd.

Fazal
April 19, 2005, 12:09 PM
Chi...Chi... Chi.... Ora to Man shomman ar rakloo na.:(

al
April 19, 2005, 12:22 PM
thanks agentsmith. the clip was very entertaining

AsifTheManRahman
April 19, 2005, 12:29 PM
there's a clip? sorry but i can't see anything on that page, and don't intend to install the fonts either :embaressed:

Ahmed_B
April 19, 2005, 12:33 PM
interesting thing is that all those 24 goals were in the first half... and in the 2nd half there was not a sigle one!

The Jap girls got tired and gave up? :D

babubangla
April 20, 2005, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by crickethorizon
interesting thing is that all those 24 goals were in the first half... and in the 2nd half there was not a sigle one!

The Jap girls got tired and gave up? :D

I don't know where Bangladeshi Media gets this kind of wird news!! Most of the news media reported that all the 24 goals were scored in the 1st-half---which is NOT TRUE.

The real picture is: the first-half result was 11-0. Japan scored 11 goals in 1st-half and 13 more goals in 2nd-half.

Here is the Official Match report from AFC.

Women's AFC U-17 Match Report: Japan vs. Bangladesh (http://www.afc-link.com/cgi-perl/topdf.pl?filename=http://www.afc-link.com/UI/MatchSummary/index2.php?GameID=662)

PoorFan
April 20, 2005, 05:12 AM
I was surprised when our captain said she is hopeful even against this Japanese team! ( in a comment to the journalist at ZIA, according to prothom alo I guess ). We are always ignorant about Japanese football strength.

FaltuRidwanBhai
April 27, 2005, 11:34 AM
well the positive thing is atleast they played even after all the opposition they had to face. it was not easy for them to go at that stage. because we all know that they were not given permission by a group of people at the first place. so i dont care how much they loose. i am happy that atleast they participated.

Hasib
April 28, 2005, 05:46 AM
Apparently once Australia scored something like 54 goals against some pacific island side...

Centre Half-Forward
April 28, 2005, 05:49 AM
Originally posted by Hasib
Apparently once Australia scored something like 54 goals against some pacific island side...

yep, we did *waves aussie flag*

James90
April 28, 2005, 06:18 AM
31-0 against American Samoa. So what's the latest? Are we having to qualify against Uruguay again?

Mav
April 28, 2005, 08:07 PM
I know that - This is the first time Bangladesh Women Football team played any international side.

But such a loss means we dont have a women team yet.

We must include women`s league in Bangladesh football first. Only then, we can find players.

anakwalajinn
May 6, 2005, 06:06 AM
Did the bangladesh women team lose to Guam???? =/