PDA

View Full Version : Freddie -you are a godsent legend!

Rob
April 19, 2005, 06:42 PM
He is the only player other than Afridi to average more than a six an innings in one day cricket. He is the number 1 allrounder in one day cricket with a batting average of 36 and bowling averahe of 23.

Every hundred he has scored for England has contained at least 2 sixes. I was at OT the other week when he hit 7 sixes, one went over my head and over the grandstand out of the ground, IT WAS AN ABSOLUTE MONSTER. Another six was so powerfully hit it broke a seat in the stand.

TO MAKE IT EVER BETTER, 5 OF THEM SIXES CAME OFF MURALI!!!

HE IS A GOD DAMN LEGEND, FREDDIE I BOW TO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited on, April 19, 2005, 11:51 PM GMT, by oracle.
Reason: spelling corrected & upper case removed.

Akib
April 19, 2005, 07:05 PM
LOL...... Yes he is good isnt he. Thank god he isnt playing agaisnt BD, although Peterson is.... Lets hope our batsman can put up a good score.

Tintin
April 19, 2005, 07:13 PM
Every hundred he has scored for England has contained at least 2 sixes.

Not all hundreds did (he has hit only four in 45 Tests)

I was at OT the other week when he hit 7 sixes, one went over my head and over the grandstand out of the ground,

When was this. From my understanding he hasn't played for a few months and he hasn't played Murali for some 18 months now.

Spitfire_x86
April 19, 2005, 10:43 PM
Freddie is great, but I personally I always liked Cairns more than him.

Shehwar
April 19, 2005, 10:53 PM
Ha! Ha! Ha!.....I love the way rob22888 is trying to convert these mediocre englishmen into world beaters.....y don u just hold on to ur horses for a while...let the Aussies arrive and we'll all find out how good ur Fartie erm.. Freddie or any other bloke is...cheers.....

couger
April 20, 2005, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by Shehwar
Ha! Ha! Ha!.....I love the way rob22888 is trying to convert these mediocre englishmen into world beaters.....y don u just hold on to ur horses for a while...let the Aussies arrive and we'll all find out how good ur Fartie erm.. Freddie or any other bloke is...cheers.....

right, actually this is an old English habit. They praise their mediocrity too much. Taking nothing away from Flintoff thaugh. He's a good player but Legend? Give me a break!!

Rob
April 21, 2005, 05:10 PM
k, maybe a bit ott calling him a legend, but i love his brilliance these days.

ok, he only has 4 hundreds in 45 tests, but, all Freddies stats in test cricket are false. He was mentally weak, crap technically and unfit earlier in his international career, as well as being inexperienced and naive (looked to slog everything for six). This hampered him. You should look at his stats in the last two years. He averages nearly fifty and about 25 with the ball.

Akib
April 21, 2005, 05:13 PM
I would have looked at his stats but cricinfo is not working for me....

Anyways i agree with you that Freddie was crap before and is very good now. He is kind of like Atapattu.