PDA

View Full Version : Mani tells the pommies to be wary of the tigers

Huda
April 20, 2005, 02:09 AM
Read this on teletext on itv1 today for people in the U.K. Mani gvae BD some hope and said "they beat zimbabwe in tests and Inida in an ODI, ........they will come good...just needs time".

Not all negative news about the tigers hey?...

Edited on, April 20, 2005, 7:10 AM GMT, by Huda.

Shehwar
April 20, 2005, 02:27 AM
hmm.....not all negative news at all.........if at all nething, it shud encourage our boys.....cheers....

Musfique
April 20, 2005, 03:22 AM
ICC has always been supportive of Bangladesh!!

Rabz
April 20, 2005, 07:34 AM
Originally posted by Musholini

Does ICC have any other options but not support bangladesh....
:joy:

insideedge
April 20, 2005, 07:45 AM
ICC has been supportive to the extent of indulgence.

Musfique
April 20, 2005, 10:49 AM
I agree with Sydney, ICC does not have any choice now but to support Bangladesh as will look rather silly. However I feel they are being proactive in their support. i.e encouraging the major test nations to invite bangladesh A, U'19 teams to their domestic structure for example India, England, Australia, etc have all been willing play teams from bangladesh. A classic example is A team tour to England this summer.

ICC realise now that it probably was amistake to award test status at such a early stage in bangladesh's development, but rather than whinging and moaning about it, they and BCB are doing something about it.

Fazal
April 20, 2005, 11:08 AM
<b>Mani tells the pommies to be wary of the tigers</b>

Mani is sooo funny!!
What was he smoking......

cricket_pagla
April 20, 2005, 11:09 AM

Not all the time.. but max of the time:snob:

TigerFan
April 20, 2005, 11:11 AM
I agree with Sydney, ICC does not have any choice now but to support Bangladesh as will look rather silly. However I feel they are being proactive in their support. i.e encouraging the major test nations to invite bangladesh A, U'19 teams to their domestic structure for example India, England, Australia, etc have all been willing play teams from bangladesh. A classic example is A team tour to England this summer.

ICC realise now that it probably was amistake to award test status at such a early stage in bangladesh's development, but rather than whinging and moaning about it, they and BCB are doing something about it.

Stop talking old trash. No one gives test status, we earned it.

Musfique
April 20, 2005, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by TigerFan

Stop talking old trash. No one gives test status, we earned it.

It may old trash to you, but most people around the world still doubt our test status, however I believe this will slowly fade away, as Bangladesh start to slowly prove themselves in the International Arena.

However in this context it is not old trash rather making a point about Ehsan Mani and support for bangladesh(and possible reasons for his support). I think you should think with your head and not your heart my friend. We still have to prove to the world that we are a worthy test nation, by beating the likes of England.

nsd3
April 20, 2005, 08:20 PM
Right u r Musholini!! Totally agree with you. That should be the spirit. Cheers!

Tasin
April 21, 2005, 12:58 AM
I read an article on the net about Bangladesh cricket team's visit to England which I thought is interesting. Here is the link:

http://www.sportnetwork.net/main/s146/st71402.htm

Sorry, if it has already been mentioned in any other thread.

Rabz
April 21, 2005, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by Tasin
I read an article on the net about Bangladesh cricket team's visit to England which I thought is interesting. Here is the link:

http://www.sportnetwork.net/main/s146/st71402.htm

Sorry, if it has already been mentioned in any other thread.

yeah...it was a good preview.... did talk about bangladesh with some dignity...

capslock
April 21, 2005, 12:14 PM
Edited on, April 21, 2005, 5:15 PM GMT, by capslock.