PDA

View Full Version : Game 5: Report from coach McInnes

chinaman
April 20, 2005, 08:24 AM
Thanks a lot Coach for the report - chinaman

QAS won the toss and sent Bangladesh in on good fast bouncy wicket. The outfield was very heavy, which restricted our scoring rate, as most shots are played along the ground. The QAS attack consisted of experience pace bowlers in Boyd Williams and Keith Charles, both Queensland Country representatives and former First grade players from Brisbane. Williams, beat the bat repeatedly with pace and bounce, with the keeper standing a good pitch length back, a rare sight for our young Bangladesh team.

Bangladesh worked there way to 138 for 8 with 12 overs remaining, a dangerous position which could have seen Bangladesh bowled out for around 140 to 150. However a defiant partnership of 61 between skipper Mushfiq Rahim and off spinner Reazul Islam Rajon took Bangladesh to 200 before Rajon (23) was out in the last over of the innings. Bangladesh finished 9 for 203 with Rahim not out on 29. Farhad Hossain batting at one down in this match contributed 42.

The QAS squad started poorly with skipper Brendan Logue run out by a Nazmus Saddat direct hit on 1 stump in the 2nd over. Brendan Prossliner and Qld U17 player Brodie Grogan then took the score to 48 before Grogan was dismissed caught behind by Mishfiqur off the bowling of Nazmul HOssain Milon.

This started a dramatic collapse with the QAS squad losing 8 for 24. Schowarite Shuvo took 2 for 2 from 6 overs, Rajon 2 for 5 from 5 and Nazmus Saddat 1 for 3 from 2 to finish the QAS innings on 72. Schowartie Shuvo also pulled off a stunning run out at the bowlers end after a quick pick up and throw from backward square leg.

The two teams met again tomorrow.

Score sheet below.

http://www.banglacricket.com/files/docs/u19au2005g5.gif

mahbubH
April 20, 2005, 08:48 AM
I am tired of winning :)

Thanks coach!

Rubu
April 20, 2005, 08:50 AM
8/24. now thats what i call dominance! good job kids.

AsifTheManRahman
April 20, 2005, 08:53 AM
i missed the 4th match (or was it the third?). i remember following the saturday game against sunshine coast. any link for the other one?

babubangla
April 20, 2005, 08:53 AM
Chief, could you please post a summary result top of these match reports. It would be really pleasant to have the match result first and then read the report. It is really hard to wait till the end of the report for the match result. You know the passion!!!

chinaman
April 20, 2005, 09:00 AM
Result isn't everything you know :)

How about reading from the bottom up? :)

Fazal
April 20, 2005, 09:06 AM
Ha Ha Ha.... Dream Vacation for the kids!!!

Its better than loosing a game .... no complain from me.

cricket_er
April 20, 2005, 09:17 AM
Our cricket is reaching into new heights in every age category. I can't express, how big of a loss it will be for us to lose Richard.

I have yet to see another person, who achieved so much is such a short time yet so humble that he is sending these updates regularly to our site.

We all wish you all the success that you ever reach out for, and you will be remembered always.

Musfique
April 20, 2005, 10:30 AM
these kids are amazing!

cricket_pagla
April 20, 2005, 11:12 AM
what if.. BD national become play like this.. and what happent to fans?!:D:cool: by the way.. congrats BD kids.. great show!
:bravo:

Tokai
April 20, 2005, 11:34 AM
problem goilo giya they grow hoiya shudhu old hoi, ar kisu hoina. amader j abosta shei thakay.

Bat-PadTogether
April 20, 2005, 12:53 PM
well done boys!!

Beamer
April 20, 2005, 01:11 PM
Do you guys think Mushfiqur Rahim is batting too low in the order? He seems a very cool customer. Already in his short and young career so far, he has played some invaluable knocks during crisis and pulled the team out of danger. He has done it in England last year, Zimbabwe this year, and now in Australia. Maybe, he can bat at no.5 and not at customary no.7 and that will enable him to play more balls. He has shown the ability to adjust to the situation of the game. He can knuckle down and build the innings when needed or strike up and score quickly when demanded. Maybe for the coach to decide that..

Mueid
April 20, 2005, 01:15 PM
nice performance. i hope they keep it up.:bravo:

Sam
April 20, 2005, 01:24 PM
It's always nice to see our teams are winning.
But a question is pinching me like a thorn, what is the standard of the opposition? What are their average age?
Anyway, Congratulations, guys.
Keep it up.:clap::clap:

AsifTheManRahman
April 20, 2005, 01:25 PM
i would like to see mushfiq bat higher up the order. from what i gather, he's a top class national team middle order batter in the making...and he's being groomed properly too!

rana
April 20, 2005, 02:55 PM
:joy::joy: great job kids :up: keep winning like that

Samir
April 20, 2005, 06:11 PM
this mushfiqur guy is doing very well.. could he be replacing Pilot??

Well done boys....we r really proud of you..;)
:great:

pagol-chagol
April 20, 2005, 06:53 PM
Thanks coach.

Look what you have done!

Hasib
April 20, 2005, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by Sam
It's always nice to see our teams are winning.
But a question is pinching me like a thorn, what is the standard of the opposition? What are their average age?
Anyway, Congratulations, guys.
Keep it up.:clap::clap:

Its a QAS team so shud be strong.

Dhakablues
April 20, 2005, 11:22 PM
I have the same question as SAM. BD cricket has improved,,, but has it really improved to beat Aussie teams consitently? are these really the divisional teams? The way we took the beating from Indian Div teams, I am kinda in disbelief that we can beat aussie div team that easily.,,5 in a row.....I wish to believe that I am being too cynical about our wins..

Tasin
April 21, 2005, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by AsifTheManRahman
i missed the 4th match (or was it the third?). i remember following the saturday game against sunshine coast. any link for the other one?

Congratulations !

And yes, is it Game 5 or Game 4 ? What was the result of the 4th game ?

Dawah
April 21, 2005, 01:10 AM
Can some one please tell me what is the standard of the teams BD is playing against?

Please dont tell me we got under 19 Brian Lara/Wasim-waqar playing for us.

abu_akif
April 21, 2005, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by Sam

ooooo... not again.. We won, thats enough.. when did we see a BD team of any level winning matches in Australia...

observer
April 21, 2005, 02:37 AM
I have explained the standard of the opposition in another thread.

However too make a comparison with India. It would be similar to us playing a strong state/ Divisional U19 team with a sprinkling of weaker first class players.

I think what this may indicate is the strength of youth cricket in Australia is not as strong as some of you would expect.

RazabQ
April 21, 2005, 02:51 AM
eh coach, but now that you are heading over, that will likely change. I fully expect you being the Baggy Green coach in about 5-10 year's time if you keep things up :)

BTW, any suggestions on what BD young players need to do to graduate properly to the nats?