PDA

View Full Version : Game 6: Report from coach McInnes

chinaman
April 21, 2005, 08:31 AM
Thanks a lot Coach for the report - chinaman

Game 6 was played in Maryborough on a fast bouncy wicket against the Regional Queensland Academy of Sport Training Squad. The home team was boosted today by leading run scorer from the Australian U19 championships, Andy Michaels. Michaels failed to contribute when he was caught behind by Mushfiq Rahim off the bowling of Schowartie Shuvo when he tried to cut a ball that spun and bounced more than he expected.

The QAS won the toss and batted first compiling 149 before being dismissed in the 50 th over. Prossliner again made 33 and Qld Country player Keith Charles top scored with 41. Schowartie, Rajon and Aslam all grabbed two wickets each, with all bowlers bowling very accurately restricting the run rate on a good batting wicket.

Bangladesh changed the opening partnership today with Mehdi Hassan joining Nazmus Saddat at the top of the list. Mehdi played well for 13 from 18 balls before he was run out by a direct hit from point.

Farhad Hossain and Shamsu Rahman put the game beyond doubt with a partnership of 70 before Farhad dragged a ball onto his stumps. Shamsu was then run out for 45 in a mix up, before opting to give himself out to allow Marshall to have a bat. Mazhar and Mushfiq then finished the job in style to reach the target in the 35th over.

The team now move on to Townsville for the remaining 4 matches of what has been a successful tour to date.

http://www.banglacricket.com/files/docs/u19au2005g6.gif

nasifkhan
April 21, 2005, 08:33 AM
oh no...another win......!!!!!

ato win diye ki korbo.?????

Well Done boys....U make us proud......:D:D:D:fire:

Edited on, April 21, 2005, 1:34 PM GMT, by nasifkhan.

Mr-khan
April 21, 2005, 08:42 AM
:E

sadi
April 21, 2005, 09:29 AM
well done........interesting point coach makes..... shamsur rahman gets out to allow another batsman to play....... thats very nice to see

IanW
April 21, 2005, 09:50 AM
The kids look to be OK.

Ian Whitchurch

PoorFan
April 21, 2005, 09:58 AM
Something like boring now.:great::great:
Looks like our bowlers bowl very tight and consistent. Good job again.

Edited on, April 21, 2005, 3:14 PM GMT, by PoorFan.

Shish Ahmed
April 21, 2005, 10:11 AM
I thought the last bunch of U19 players were good the likes of Aftab, Nafees Iqbal, Nafees Ahmed, Enamul, Rajib and Nazmul, but these results by some of these newcomers are really pleasing.

Bright future for BD Cricket, we should rule the world in 5 years time.

:fanflag:

cricket_pagol
April 21, 2005, 11:04 AM
You rock coach McInnes!!!! I hope the new U-19 coach will be able to carry on what you started.

Edited on, April 21, 2005, 4:04 PM GMT, by cricket_pagol.

TheWatcher
April 21, 2005, 12:00 PM
Coach, why milon is batting so low in the order?

capslock
April 21, 2005, 12:16 PM
Now I know what Australian cricket fans feel like.

*yawn*

IanW
April 21, 2005, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by capslock

*yawn*

Now you know why Australian cricket is headhunting for coaches who earned their spurs in Bangladesh ;)

Ian Whitchurch

Edited on, April 22, 2005, 1:26 AM GMT, by IanW.

Rubu
April 21, 2005, 09:21 PM
have we ever won so many matches at a row in any level of cricket before? the only time i can think of is '97 ICC trophy, but don't know how many matches we played there.

a bulk part of the credit goes to coach McInnes. man, we gonna miss this guy.

IanW
April 22, 2005, 11:02 AM
I wont say the Banana-benders are getting desperate, but the word on the street in Brisbane is they'll bat Extras at four.

Ian Whitchurch

betaar
April 22, 2005, 03:59 PM
I think we should also double up the salary for McInnes and make him stay in BD for couple more years.

Mr-khan
April 22, 2005, 04:03 PM
Sob kichur ekta limit thaka utchit.Avabe ektar por ekta match jitte thakle to next time Austrlia ar amader team re invite korbe na.:mad:

TigerFan
April 22, 2005, 05:23 PM
Alhamdulillah. Good bangladesh, Keep it up!:lol:

Blah
April 22, 2005, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by IanW
Originally posted by capslock

*yawn*

Now you know why Australian cricket is headhunting for coaches who earned their spurs in Bangladesh ;)

Ian Whitchurch

Edited on, April 22, 2005, 1:26 AM GMT, by IanW.

Are you referring to "Aminul Islam Bubul".?
I know you are joking, but on a serious note, Bulbul has old "connections" with the club that he is coaching. Not to take away any credit from him, but he had to go through coaching course to be applicable as a coach.

Aminul was a great cricketer IMO, unfortunately he was representing BD in a not so glamourous time.

In the far future I see him as a Bangladesh national (even if it is age-level) coach.

Cheers,
Blah

belal
April 22, 2005, 11:19 PM
masha allah keep going . Keeping the winning habit will benefit the players more.

Zobair
April 22, 2005, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by Blah
Are you referring to "Aminul Islam Bubul".?
I know you are joking, but on a serious note, Bulbul has old "connections" with the club that he is coaching. Not to take away any credit from him, but he had to go through coaching course to be applicable as a coach.

Aminul was a great cricketer IMO, unfortunately he was representing BD in a not so glamourous time.

In the far future I see him as a Bangladesh national (even if it is age-level) coach.

Cheers,
Blah

I think Ian is referring to McInnes being hired as one of the coaches in the Aus Academy.

Mahir
April 23, 2005, 12:23 AM
If this (performance of the young Tigers) is any indication of the future Bangladesh's cricket, I must say that this looks damn good, especially the fact that Aussies have been well thrashed (oh the sound of this phrase fills my heart) by Bangladesh in age-level games. Beating the Australians in the Plate Final of the last U-19 World Cup was no flash in the pan... that was indeed a preview for the cricket world of how standings would be in about half a dozen years from now.

observer
April 23, 2005, 05:48 AM
Milon has always batted at 8 on this tour and will continue to do so at this stage. He may have batted 6 or 7 in that first match when the wicket was very slow and we wanted someone to hit through the ball a bit.

IN comparing the two groups of U19's, i would suggest that only 4 or5 of the last group would make this team.

The bulk of the players have the right attitude to succeed, which was something that was not present in the bulk of the previous group.

James90
April 23, 2005, 05:55 AM
The previous group would be the side that played in the World Cup?
It would be fair to say that current squad is based mostly on attitude and not infact on performance?

chyicarus
April 23, 2005, 02:59 PM
I support observer's views in this one.
Before anything, you need to have a group of ppl who has the right attitude for the game. Understanding the game is key, knowing what to do -when to do and how to do. These things cannot be spoonfed.
About performance- it will automatically follow once the players have the attitude. And i'm sure they were also picked for their talent, i.e- they have something in them to a valuable asset to the team.
So i strongly agree to observer's remarks that attitude is very important in cricket.

James90
April 23, 2005, 11:11 PM
Where do you draw the line with attitude? You need someone who is committed, thinks about what they are doing, communicates with fellow players and the coach is a team player and so forth. Then there's the other type of attitude which is self-belief and confidence. Obviously you need it in order to believe but you can go too far. Kevin Pietersen's effect on Notts for instance. My question to Mr McInnes is this, would you select someone like Pietersen for your u19 crew? Would they fit the selection criteria in terms of attitude?

TheWatcher
April 24, 2005, 03:01 AM
I heard Australians are big about attitude. Cricinfo says Matt Elliot got dropped from national team just because he could not get along with dressing room culture.

observer
April 24, 2005, 03:45 AM
A person with the wrong attitude can do more damage to the team environment that they do good, even if they are an excpetional player.

Obviously expceptional players like a Warne or Tendulkar, who are the best in the world, may get away with a bad attitude... PLEASE NOTE: I AM NOT SAYING THESE GUYS HAVE A BAD ATTITUDE AT ALL, simply indicating that a player of that skill level may get away with it. However you may only have 1 or 2 players of that calibre in each country if you are lucky.

Players who make up the bulk of the test teams need to make sure they contribute positively in a number of ways, not just on the field.

With no disrespect at all meant to Kasper or Andy Bichel, i believe they were often picked on tours and carried the 12th man duties, simply because along with being very good cricketers, they are great value to any team off the field in their manner, willingness to help and general professionalism. Maybe Matty Elliot didn;t offer those qualities, i don't know for sure.

IN relation to Pietersen, i don't know the guy so i can't comment on his attitude. I must say however that he has made some tough decisions in his life and backed it up with performances which is a good start.

Don't underestimate the importance of attitude, in an evironment of test or elite cricket where generally the skill level of the players is pretty even around the world.

James, you can still have a great attitude and be confident in your own ability. Attitude is about working to get better, not being complacent, helping your team mates get better, doing things you don't like as it will help you or your team mates.

TheWatcher
April 24, 2005, 04:00 AM
Coach, I could not help myself pinching you. But, ya, look what a good team Pakistan now is without Shoib Akthar, even though they have to rely on mediocre pacers like Sami and Naved ul Hasan.

capslock
April 24, 2005, 04:38 AM
Originally posted by TheWatcher
Coach, I could not help myself pinching you. But, ya, look what a good team Pakistan now is without Shoib Akthar, even though they have to rely on mediocre pacers like Sami and Naved ul Hasan.

Sami and Rana are 'mediocre'? Compared to who exactly? And where can we get some of these mediocre pacers?

James90
April 24, 2005, 07:15 AM
Ebay

bourny3
April 24, 2005, 10:23 PM
hahahha yes ebay.

Fazal
April 25, 2005, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by observer
IN comparing the two groups of U19's, i would suggest that only 4 or5 of the last group would make this team.

Ah Ha. We can expect more form this team then.:great::great:

TheWatcher
April 25, 2005, 06:03 PM
McInnes was saying as attitude wise, current bunch of u/19 are better. It is not regarding their performence.

Edited on, April 25, 2005, 11:19 PM GMT, by TheWatcher.

FaltuRidwanBhai
April 26, 2005, 12:09 AM
a team has to be disciplined. that should be the first key point because that usually leads to success. if u look at the most successful players then you will see how disciplined their lifestyle is for example tendulkar. so i think attitude is always a big issue. because that leads to discipline in a way.