PDA

View Full Version : England : Man By Man

Desh Bangla
April 21, 2005, 09:42 PM
ENGLAND: MAN-BY-MAN

These are abilities of the English Players :

Michael Vaughan (Yorkshire, capt) Age 29, ODI caps 44
A world-class player getting back into form, he looked in great touch in the C&G Trophy quarter-final at Old Trafford and is a fine captain.

Marcus Trescothick (Somerset) 28, 79.
Arguably England's best one-day player over the last five to ten years. A real `banger` at the top of the order.

Vaughan: `World-class and a fine captain`

Andrew Strauss (Middlesex) 27, 6.
Quickly established himself in the side, he will try to bat for the full 50 overs and complements Trescothick very well.

Michael Powell (Glamorgan) 27, 0.
Late call-up to the squad as cover for Trescothick.

Paul Collingwood (Durham) 28, 47.
A fine all-round cricketer with bundles of energy in the field.

Andrew Flintoff (Lancashire) 26, 71.
Possibly the best all-rounder in the world and England's most consistent one-day bowler. A real threat with the bat.

Rikki Clarke (Surrey) 22, 16.
Shown a lot of promise, and is viewed as one for the future, but I think was initially left out because of his poor form for Surrey. Doubts over Flintoff's fitness could give him another chance. Needs to get his confidence back.

Ian Blackwell (Somerset) 26, 21.
Needs to establish himself, has lots of talent and potential. A very hard-hitter, but there are doubts about his fielding.

Ashley Giles (Warwickshire) 31, 35.
Running into a bit of form, a good one-day cricketer who is reliable in all departments. The game could be won or lost when he is batting.

Geraint Jones (Kent, wkt) 27, 0.
A dramatic success, he's had a dream start being given the `keys to the city.` A talented wicket-keeper/batsman.

Robert Key (Kent) 25, 2.
This is a big chance for him, he might not play a lot but needs to grab any opportunities that come his way.

Darren Gough (Essex) 33, 126.
England's best one-day bowler ever. In good form for Essex, who he represents in an England shirt for the first time.

James Anderson (Lancashire) 21, 31.
Fine new ball bowler, who needs to stay injury-free. Can swing the white ball late on in the innings.

Steve Harmison (Durham) 25, 11.
Arguably the best bowler in the world at the moment, he needs to be looked after by England.

Anthony McGrath (Yorkshire) 28, 10.
Has been carrying a lot of drinks for England recently, so will want to play. A solid one-day player.

http://www.skysports.com/skysports/article/0,,1-1140249,00.html

Sham
April 21, 2005, 09:52 PM
That was England's Natwest Trophy squad from a year back. Looks good on paper but England has not quite figured out the art of playing ODIs, similar to us. Anyway, lets focus on the tests first!

Desh Bangla
April 21, 2005, 10:01 PM
Still they have the same abilities in one day and tests .

Rubu
April 21, 2005, 10:06 PM
I was expecting something like THIS>> (http://www.banglacricket.com/html/article.php?year=2004&item=240) from someone.

Whats up Beamer, we are waiting for it.

Or may be sham? since look like you have a very good understanding of the england team.

rafiq
April 21, 2005, 10:09 PM
I don't understand how the game can be won or lost by Ashley Giles' batting....or, in fact, his bowling...

Sham
April 21, 2005, 10:12 PM
The last time I wrote on the England team was right before their tour of BD in 2003.

Here is the link to the article! (http://www.banglacricket.com/html/article.php?year=2003&item=63)

Maybe I'll do something similar as the tour draws nearer and the English season advances a little more.

Desh Bangla
April 22, 2005, 12:32 AM
Ashley Giles plays as an all-rounder that's what English people think .