PDA

View Full Version : The Real England Team

pilot fan
April 22, 2005, 03:11 AM
After the allfull post by the form abuser i took the time to write out the final england 11 for the first test with there strengths and weeknesses this is almost asurred to be the team for the first test

Andrew struass (middlesex) a left handed bats man who has made a very good start to test cricket, likes to drive do not bowl short against him or he will punish you, not so good agianst spinners

Marcus Trescothick (Somerset) an agressive opner likes to hook and pull, vunrable in his eraly stage of innings lack of footwork a big weakness, have to get him out early

Robert Key (Kent) competing for the nuber 3 position with butcher bit of a slow scorer early in his innings unproven at test level yet, thrives on confidence need to attack him with the new ball early on, do not bowl on his legs.

Michael Vaughan (Yorkshire, capt) A stylelish batsman who after a run of scores agianst australia a few years a go has done little for the side, lots of discuusion on weather he should be in the side if his poor form continues, but a good captian loves to drive also a part time off spinner

Graham Thorpe (Surrey) Englands best batsman by a long way coming towards the end of his carrer a classiacal player likes to cut often the lynpinch of the side, deals mainly in nudging the ball around the park into gaps

Keven Pietesen (Hampshire) Will come in to the side in place of flintoff a big hitter allways likes to be scoreing and loves the striaght drive and the pull. Not so good agianst spinners need to bowl rafique and jr at him early to frustatre him by keeping the runs down

Geraint Jones (Kent, wkt) a part time eeper who has a lot of critism sine he has come into the side not a very good keeper atall and drops crucial chances, a decent batsman who likes scoring quickly under pressure form read and foster

Ashley Giles (Warwickshire) an avaerge cricketer who does not turn the ball much and has poor figures in cricket, can bat a bit but will be over showded by the bangla spinners who will show the englansh public how bad he atually is

Simon Jones (Glamorgan) a stange bowler who jogs very slowly to the wicket but all the pace comes form his final stride can reverse swing it latter in innings, can also hold a bat

Steve Harmison (Durham) an overated bowler after a good series agianst a poor west indies team got a tonking in south africa from gibbs only took 7 wickets in 5 games against south africa is place in the team is not assured under pressure form jon lewis

Matthew Hoggard (yorkshire) englands best bowler by miles bowls a steaady line at decent pace and has the ability to swing the ball both ways

DOORBIN
April 22, 2005, 05:55 AM
pilot fan,

What do you think will happen against Bangladesh?

pilot fan
April 22, 2005, 07:13 AM
england will win both but bangladesh will push them very close in one

Desh Bangla
April 22, 2005, 01:35 PM
We might have a draw , it's so easy we just need some rains .....

Edited on, April 22, 2005, 6:36 PM GMT, by Desh Bangla.

cricket_pagla
April 23, 2005, 05:39 AM
is it rainy season in England?:rolleyes:

pilot fan
April 23, 2005, 03:26 PM
not bad weather at the moment but often rains a lot in may

Akib
April 23, 2005, 03:50 PM
WE have to look out for Peteirson, Thorpe, Giles, Hoggard and Strauss..

Peteirson is very dangerous and has just gotten back into form with a good 50.

Thorpe is Englands most consistant batsman.

Hoggard is good on green tops.

Strauss has been playing very well in tests.

Giles is in excellent form this year.

Sham
April 23, 2005, 09:32 PM
Their batsmen will score runs, but I think if our bowlers are disciplined, we can keep them to respectable totals (350-400 rather than 550-600). What I am worried about is their bowling, or more accurately, our batting. How well we do in the Test matches will depend almost entirely on how hard our batsmen fight, how long they can occupy the crease etc.

Their seamers will be a handful, but you are right about Giles. Our batsmen shouldn't underestimate him at all. I don't think Giles is that great a bowler, but it will be seriously daft if our batsmen work really hard and last out the new ball only to give away their wickets to Giles because they didn't take him seriously enough!

Huda
April 24, 2005, 03:25 AM
disagree with pilot fan about harmison. heis nto under pressure from jon lewis, his place is guuranteed in the england sqaud, or the media would cruficy the england selectors if he was dropped. he is an immaculate bowler on home soil, and hoggard is a brilliant swinger on the ball,

just a shame bd boys will get battered into fish and the aussies will make the english into chips.

pilot fan
April 24, 2005, 06:23 AM
haarmsion took 8 wickets ina five match test series that is appaling why dont the eng selectors gove someone else a chance

Sham
April 24, 2005, 08:22 AM
Less than a year ago, Harmison was the number one bowler in the world! Not that I agree with those rankings, but that shows that he was red hot not so long ago. He had a bad South Africa series, but you don't drop your spearhead just because he had one bad series!

Rubu
April 24, 2005, 08:49 AM
question: if giles can be successful why can't rafique and enamul? as it seems, these two are better bowler than giles. and we are supposed to be better player of spin than england. for bangladesh, its always someone pretty unimpressive who is the reason of undone. someone no one thinks will be the real trouble. in this sense giles can be the problem. but if giles can make his spin works, why can't rafique and enamul?
i'm asking this because if we rank our bowlers without pitch it will be rafique, mashrafee, enamul, taposh respectively. the reason would to not take this four would be that a 3rd seamer being more useful than enamul.
and thats my question, why?

Sham
April 24, 2005, 09:11 AM
I think Rafique might be quite useful. If he bowls quickish, changes his pace cleverly and keeps his line tight, I think Rafique can do some damage. Kumble was the highest wicket-taker in a county season, I think it was 1995! So, if Giles can do well, you are right, there is no reason that Rafique shouldn't do well. In the sub-continent, Enamul would have been even more useful than Rafique against England because he flights the ball and gives it a rip. In England, I am less convinced that Enamul will be all that useful, especially at this time of year. But who knows, maybe he will prove me wrong in the warm-up games.

RazabQ
April 24, 2005, 08:08 PM
Actually, BD batsmen are horrible against spin. Think about it:
- Against Windies, after Pedro, it was Sarwan & Banks who took the most wickets.
- Against NZ, Vettori ran through us.
- Our leagues continues to produce SLAs because they are consistently succesfull taking wickets; witness Rubel, Razzak, Nadif, et al.
- Danesh Kaneria anyone? Before the last 6 months, we were the major provider for his wickets.

As such, I would not at all state that we play spin better than England batsmen. When we last played Giles was out of form and low on confidence. We now dismiss - as our latest frontpage article indicates we should - at OUR OWN PERIL!!! I would not at all be surprised if at the end of two tests, Hoggard was followed by Giles in terms of wickets.

Akib
April 24, 2005, 08:21 PM
I say in terms of wickets it will be Hoggard then Giles like you said. But i also think Harmison will do ok... we are playing on his homeground... LOL

mwrkhan
April 25, 2005, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by razabq
Actually, BD batsmen are horrible against spin. Think about it:
- Against Windies, after Pedro, it was Sarwan & Banks who took the most wickets.
- Against NZ, Vettori ran through us.
- Our leagues continues to produce SLAs because they are consistently succesfull taking wickets; witness Rubel, Razzak, Nadif, et al.
- Danesh Kaneria anyone? Before the last 6 months, we were the major provider for his wickets.

All these spinners bowled at us on wickets that are conducive to spin -either at home in BD, or in the case of Kaneria, in Pakistan. Overseas we have suffered heavily at the hands of McGill - a darn good bowler who has taken wickets against all.

I still think we should be able to play Giles at this time of the year on English pitches. It would be a pity if we couldn't. Of course underestimation doesn't come into the picture.

Edited on, April 25, 2005, 10:03 PM GMT, by mwrkhan.

FaltuRidwanBhai
April 25, 2005, 11:57 PM
jaihok,
bhobisshot niye kintu ami khelte chai na. bishesh kore cricket ar bhobishhot niye kintu kichui bola jai na. kake kibhabe khelbe eta kintu bola khubi kothin. itihashe dekha geche je ottanto bhalo bolerder amader batsmanra bhalo bhabe kheleche kintu dekha geche kichu 2nd class boler ar kache amra wicket diye eshechi. asha korbo erokom repitition ar hobe na. asha korbo tara thanda mathay khelte shokkhom hobe. dannabad.