PDA

View Full Version : More u19 pics

Hasib
April 22, 2005, 07:21 AM
All these pics r from the Game in Maryborough. The Source of all pics r from the ABC.

http://www.abc.net.au/widebay/stories/In_action_m1044890.jpg

In action: U/19 Bangladesh v QAS Regional Trial Squad

http://www.abc.net.au/widebay/stories/Bangladesh_m1044871.jpg

Bangladesh players watch on as their team mates take on the QAS

http://www.abc.net.au/widebay/stories/Umpires_le_m1044869.jpg

Umpires lead the Bangladesh U/19 side off the field for lunch

http://www.abc.net.au/widebay/stories/Bangladesh_m1044867.jpg

Lunch: Bangladesh U/19 leave the field after bowling out the QAS squad for 149 runs

Hasib
April 22, 2005, 07:22 AM
Oh yeah...here is the article...

Future test cricketers on show: Bangladesh tour Oz

Friday, 22 April 2005

Reporter: Scott Lamond

Presenter: Wayne Shearman

The developing cricketing nation of Bangladesh are making all the right moves to create a force to be reckoned with, in world cricket.

The Bangladesh under 19 side are currently touring Queensland and have won five from five games, including success over the Australian under 19’s team and more recently a Queensland Academy of Sport Squad.

The Wide Bay hosted two matches at Maryborough’s Newtown Oval.

On Wednesday in the first of the limited over games against the QAS team, Bangladesh scored 202 before bowling out the QAS squad.

In reply the locals could only put together a total of 85 runs before being bowled out by the strong Bangladesh attack.

Thursday saw the second of the Wide Bay games, and this time around the Queenslanders were slightly more competitive.

Batting first they put together 149 runs but were all out in the 50th over.

Bangladesh made the run chase with five wickets in hand.

Win, lose or draw though, it didn’t really matter to the players or coaching staff from both teams, it was simply a great experience for all involved.

Bundaberg’s Brendan Logue captained the 'Regional QAS Trial Squad for South Queensland' and he said the entire experience was unbelievable and incidently his first taste of playing international cricket.

“Its incredible, they (Bangladesh) are a real professional set up their fielding and catching has been great,” Logue explains.

Theo Pickles is originally from Brisbane and his role with the Bangladesh team is the ‘high performance, strength, and conditioning coach.'

He believes the tour gives his players a taste of a different culture, new playing conditions, different wickets and varied opponents.

“In terms of development it is a crucial stage for the under 19’s as some players prepare to play test cricket for Bangladesh, in some cases potentially within the next few years.

Mr Pickles expects the teams wicket keeper and captain, Mushvique, to ‘take on the test gloves pretty soon.’

Mushvique has played cricket all his life and is enjoying the opportunities he has been given and also the prospect of in the near future playing test cricket.

“Bangladesh haven’t been the best team in the world, but now we are a fighting outfit that have won some big games, and cricket is really improving in our country,” Mushvique said.

The 16-year-old captain praised the quality of the Maryborough wicket and he said his team is enjoying the bounce in the Australian pitches, along with the good seam movement his bowlers have been able to generate.

Source: ABC Widebay Queensland (http://www.abc.net.au/widebay/stories/s1351049.htm)

Hasib
April 22, 2005, 07:40 AM
Bangladesh cubs on a roll in Australia
Thursday, April 21 2005 13:18 Hrs (IST)
By ThatsCricket Correspondent

Meryborouzh : The Bangladesh Under-19 cricket team continued its winning march in their tour down under when they chalked out a comprehensive 130-run victory over QAS squad in a limited-overs game here.

With this win, the Bangladesh Colts have registered their five win on the trot.

Forhad Hossain led the way with a fine 42 and was ably supported by captain Mushfiqur Rahim who weighted in with an unbeaten 39 as the tourists piled up 203 for 4 off their stipulated 50 overs.

Chasing 204 for victory, QAS were never in the hunt as they lost wickets regularly to be packed out for an embarrassing 72. Nazmul Hossain, Suhrawardy Shuvo and Rezaul Islam shared the spoils picked six wickets between them.

Source: Thatscricket (http://thatscricket.indiainfo.com/news/2005/04/21/2104cubs.html)

Fazal
April 22, 2005, 09:03 AM
Thanks.:up:

They spelled his name wrong.:(

DotBall
April 22, 2005, 10:11 AM
This is just awesome....... :joy:

little_master
April 23, 2005, 10:28 AM
Praising from some others make us really proud...
But we've lost our beloved Coach McInns......
too sad to bear for our boys.......

rafiq
April 23, 2005, 05:40 PM
They mispelled his name... that bothers us but does it also bother us that he is not 16?

I am sick of this continuous lying.... how can the foreign coaches put up with this nonsense? everyone's age is pegged back at least 2 years when they go to get their passports done...my nephew was in the BD U-16 camp several years back and for a foreign schools tour or something was asked to put his age at 12 or 13 when he was 15/16! His buddy Nafees Iqbal is from the same year as him. My nephew is now 23/24 and stopped playing because of his asthma and also to study. How long ago was Nafees playing U-19 cricket? Not to pick on Nafees...but how can this go on in an internationally regulated sport with such utter disregard for ethics?

Akib
April 23, 2005, 05:42 PM
:bravo: to our Under-19s for winning 5 in a row.. keep up the good work.

observer
April 23, 2005, 10:58 PM
To clarify something for you Rafiq.
In order to hopefully get our age limits correct we have made some changes to our selection process.

The official cut off date for the ICC World Cup for next year 2006 is the players have to be born after Sept 30 1986. OUr selections for this squad are based on having a passport age, born after sept 30 1987, so i think we are pretty close the mark, with these boys currently being genuine U18's and U19's by 2006. It is a big issue in Bangladesh and one that involves more than just cricket, as many of you know, better than i.

I can assure you though, none of these boys look or are likely to be more than 17 or 17 1/2 at the moment. They certainly do not look 19 or 20.

betaar
April 23, 2005, 11:34 PM
Thanks a lot coach, it's good to see that some one who's not a Bangladeshi, has more knowledge then some of us real Bnagladeshi living abroad.
We've been fooled before, therefore any success that got, we've learnt to questions them.

shaoun
April 23, 2005, 11:35 PM
i agree that alot of players in the national team there age is not right. nafees is much older then 20. and rajin is much older then what it says in cricinfo. but ashraful masrafee i think they are the same age. we need to be strict on the age. specially for youth tournaments.

capslock
April 24, 2005, 12:11 AM
I know that this is a problem in the subcontinent, and perhaps more in Bangladesh than the other two countries....but from pictures I have seen of the kids they really do seem quite young. As for Rafiq's comment, I think it's better to give Mushfiq the benefit of the doubt rather than assume he is guilty of age cheating.

TheWatcher
April 24, 2005, 02:46 AM
Cheating or not, they still beat the team consists of 32yrs old ex state team opener, 24yrs old ex u/19 players. Yes, I am talking about Sunshine Coast Schorchers, the team which made of best of local Grade A players, hopefuls for their state team, with no age limitation.

observer
April 24, 2005, 03:53 AM
The problem is no worse in bangaldes then it is any other sub continent country. It woudl be great to say we can correct it and get all the kids age tested before they play in the age group tournaments. Practically this is impossible and without birth certificates being issued at birth, as happens in the Western Countries, this problem will go on for ever.

It is a major talking point for us in the BCB and we have been unable to come up with a practical, cost effective, and fool proof solution as yet.

The additional fact that it effects schooling and working age limits probably takes it away from being controlled by a cricket body.

Ishtylish cricketer
April 24, 2005, 09:32 AM
Yeah! Nice to hear Bdesh win! Always brightens my day! :great:

FaltuRidwanBhai
April 26, 2005, 01:07 AM
yeap thats rite. doesnt matter wat level of cricket that is. doesnt matter if it is national team, a team, or the under 19 team win for bd just makes my day.