PDA

View Full Version : Which country did you support in the India-Pakistan ODI & Test Series

tiger_man
April 22, 2005, 10:09 AM
btw, if you hate or dont care about either teams, dont bother mentioning it.......and please for God's sake, dont attach nationalist sentiments unlike some people.....

i mean youve got the feedom to do whatever you want but this equation says it all.....

Politics + Sports = Sour Emotional Discussion
= Blocked thread

Spitfire_x86
April 22, 2005, 11:12 AM
India

AsifTheManRahman
April 22, 2005, 11:18 AM
i neither hate nor dont care about any of the "teams". however, i was looking forward to the series and enjoyed following it. as usual, since bd wasn't playing, i wasn't supporting anyone, but i was looking forward to a competitive and really good series. i was really impressed by the way the young pakistan side did their job.

al
April 22, 2005, 01:11 PM
That would be like opening a can of worms.I did not vote though

Edited on, April 22, 2005, 6:38 PM GMT, by al.

Fazal
April 22, 2005, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by al
That would be like opening a can of worms.

Yea. I have a 2nd test team that I support. But I am afraid to reveal that in public because of the fear of public humiliation and fear of being tagged as unpatriotic and ungrateful.

Therefore I will keep my mouth shut for now.

chyicarus
April 22, 2005, 01:43 PM
i supported Pakistan and have always did against India. I don't feel ashamed or unpatriotic if i support Pakistan or have Pakistani friends or speak a few words of Urdu!

cricket_pagol
April 22, 2005, 01:57 PM
Did not support any of them... I supported Bangladesh!

Fazal
April 22, 2005, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by cricket_pagol
Did not support any of them... I supported Bangladesh!

Yea and suck your thumb when there is no Bangladesh Team game.

hmmmm.. it taste good. I should have tried before...

Edited on, April 22, 2005, 7:04 PM GMT, by Fazal.

mb444
April 22, 2005, 02:18 PM
Against India i would support any team.........So I supported Pakistan

Mr-khan
April 22, 2005, 02:27 PM
Against India or Pakistan i would support any team.

Edited on, April 22, 2005, 7:33 PM GMT, by mr-khan.

Navarene
April 22, 2005, 02:31 PM
On the contrary, against Pakistan I'd support any team on any damn given day.

Akib
April 22, 2005, 03:06 PM
I supported India but by the end of it i liked Pakistan better.

imtiaz82
April 22, 2005, 04:27 PM
Pakistan! Support India against other non asian teams though...

TigerFan
April 22, 2005, 05:25 PM
Pakistan

Sham
April 22, 2005, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by Navarene
On the contrary, against Pakistan I'd support any team on any damn given day.

Exactly!

nasifkhan
April 22, 2005, 09:51 PM
Against India........I support any team even Somalia......

Shehwar
April 23, 2005, 01:39 AM
Yeah...I supported Pakistan not only because I started to understand cricket when Inzy played that 60 of 37 balls in the semi-finals of '92 but also because I'd support any team in the world against India....cheers.....

bdmoderator
April 23, 2005, 07:12 AM
Pakistan.

chyicarus
April 23, 2005, 02:47 PM
If we all eliminate the equation of politics, past history and just look at cricket- then there would be a lot more fans voting for Pakistan. Only becoz they understand the game and likes attacking cricket(although at times, Pakistani team have been known to play defensive cricket).

Banglatiger84
April 24, 2005, 08:12 AM
I supported Pakistan only because of the Indian fans who were gleefully predicting a whitewash .

Rubayed
April 24, 2005, 12:16 PM
Pakistan! Simply because i got seriously into cricket with Pakistan winning the worldcup in 92. That's perhaps the earliest memory i have of cricket.

mwrkhan
April 24, 2005, 12:42 PM
I supported India. Although like banglatiger84 I was put off by the attitude of some Indian fans. I never supported Pakistan in my life - in fact when I was younger I harboured such animosity towards Pakistan that I would have supported any country against it even Israel! I am older and a lot mellower now.

Shehwar
April 24, 2005, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by chyicarus
If we all eliminate the equation of politics, past history and just look at cricket- then there would be a lot more fans voting for Pakistan...

Originally posted by mwrkhan
I never supported Pakistan in my life - in fact when I was younger I harboured such animosity towards Pakistan that I would have supported any country against it even Israel!...

You are right on the money chyicarus ... :up:

couger
April 24, 2005, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by mr-khan
Against India or Pakistan i would support any team.

Edited on, April 22, 2005, 7:33 PM GMT, by mr-khan.
:up:

couger
April 24, 2005, 11:46 PM
I supported India. Although like banglatiger84 I was put off by the attitude of some Indian fans. I never supported Pakistan in my life - in fact when I was younger I harboured such animosity towards Pakistan that I would have supported any country against it even Israel! I am older and a lot mellower now.

I know exactly how you feel. There was a time I wouldn't answer to even simple 'hellos' from Pakistanis in my school in New York.

And yes, I too have mellowed.

couger
April 24, 2005, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by couger

I know exactly how you feel. There was a time I wouldn't answer to even simple 'hellos' from Pakistanis in my school in New York.

And yes, I too have mellowed.

And I've learned to treat the game of cricket on its merit and not attahed to anything else.

tiger_man
April 26, 2005, 12:50 AM

such hatred is not good for you.....

anyway, if your hatred for pakistan is related to the war and atrocities, i wonder how you put israel over pakistan....

nothing beats cruelty of israelis in their day to day activities in palestine.......

tiger_man
April 26, 2005, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by nasifkhan
Against India........I support any team even Somalia......

i would like to see somalia play india....

the ball will flying outside the stadium 300 times causing massive damage to infrastructure

FaltuRidwanBhai
April 26, 2005, 01:02 AM
lol that was a good one. but hey i was just wondering if the match between indian and somalia is in somalia then i dont think there will be much damage in somalia anyway because i am really concerned about how many infrastructure they actually have. lol. hopefully no one will get offended. this was just a wild joke. cheers.

Locutus
April 27, 2005, 11:06 AM
None But I just wanted to see both team destroy the bowlers. It happened but not enough! When these two team plays the games are very high scoring. Most of the time 300+ runs and very close games. Just love that.