PDA

View Full Version : Whatmore still in contention for Indian coaching role.

bdmoderator
April 23, 2005, 07:13 AM
Dav Whatmore is still in contention for coaching the Indian cricket side despite the recent extension of his contract with the Bangladesh board. Whatmore mentioned the ‘get out’ clause in the contract, which will allow him to leave anytime.

Whatmore, while speaking to The Indian Express, also admitted that he was still ‘‘very interested’’ in the job and added, ‘‘BCCI are still deciding and if they are still interested in me, I am keen too.’’

The Bangladesh board, though, feel that Whatmore wouldn't leave midway even if he gets a chance to coach India. Reazuddin-Al-Mamoon, the media committee chairman, felt that Wahtmore wasn't the type of man who would go after striking a deal. ‘‘I have not gone through the contract in detail," he said, "but knowing the man as I do, I don’t think he will take such a drastic step mid-way.’’

Whatmore remains one of the three main contenders for the post along with Greg Chappell and Tom Moody . Moody is currently director of cricket with Worcestershire but he too has a 'get out' option in his contract. The Indian board indicated that the process to choose the new coach would begin by the beginning of next week.

Source:
http://content.cricinfo.com/india/content/story/207268.html

capslock
April 23, 2005, 07:17 AM
This is getting irritating, I hope BCB have some options lined up who can replace Whatmore immediately if he chooses to leave.

sunniath
April 23, 2005, 08:19 AM
I think it is bull sh**t..But if it true,then we should let him go.Every good thing has an end, and we should not act like our cricket team will be destroyed if he leaves. Of course it will be a big set back. But we should be ready for the worst and have a back-up plan. That's life.

mwrkhan
April 23, 2005, 08:57 AM
Whatmore's attitude is beginning to tick me off. I am having second thoughts about his reappointment.

Locutus
April 23, 2005, 09:27 AM
I highly agree with mwrkhan.
I think soon the BD players will lose the trust that they have on Whatmore. And Whatmore is disrespecting Bangladesh. Pathetic!

aosaif
April 23, 2005, 09:42 AM
disrespect.....that's the word. But here are the equations for our this world in which we live:

money > respect
fame > honour

fwullah
April 23, 2005, 09:44 AM
It is not a new news. BBC interview said about this 'get out clause'. Cricinfo has just repeated what BBC has said earlier.

ialbd
April 23, 2005, 09:59 AM
He already ruined his respectful & trustworthy image and now if he keeps acting like this soon 'Whatmore -The reformer of BD cricket' will become 'whatmore the beimann'...
________
Peter hirt (http://www.ferrari-wiki.com/wiki/Peter_Hirt)

ialbd
April 23, 2005, 10:07 AM
And also, whatever he did so far (approaching India for a job) I think its totally forgivable and can be forgotten for the greater good of the team, but hearing about this 'get out clause' truly disappoints me....

So actually there is a chance that one morning I wake up and see a thread in banglacricket saying "Whatmore Quits-Heads off to India". I'll be ready for that......
________
VAPORIZER WIKI (http://vaporizerwiki.com)

Shehwar
April 23, 2005, 10:26 AM
I don even wanna comment on this ! .....How desperate is he..?.......

al Furqaan
April 23, 2005, 10:43 AM
who knows??? the media always gets things twisted. they are a business!!!! they are in the business of making money, NOT telling you what is true or not. by hyping this situation up they want more ppl to buy the papers and tune in on radio and TV.

if whatmore indeed gets out in the middle by way of his clause, it will taint his reputation in my eyes. you don't just leave a minnow team in the middle. u can do that to a team like the aussies.

Zobair
April 23, 2005, 10:51 AM
I suggest caution...remember the hoopla surrounding McInnes in the beginning of his stint with us. Those who got carried away by the media reports started hating him only to find out later...

cracky
April 23, 2005, 11:53 AM
why BCB alllowed "Get out" cluase. If he can get out anytime, whats the point of making two years contract.

Mueid
April 23, 2005, 12:31 PM
exactly, why do u even call it a two year contract when u can get out of it anytime u want. it shud be called a ' get out anytime contract'.

Rubayed
April 23, 2005, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by cracky
why BCB alllowed "Get out" cluase. If he can get out anytime, whats the point of making two years contract.

That's my point! Why would u sign a two years contract with someone with a 'getout' clause? Its pointless. I've no problem with Dav, caz its only natural to be willing to get a better job. Who wouldnt want to coach India as oppose to Bangladesh but as someone pointed out, he will surely lose his credentials if he leaves us midway. Then what is the gurantee that he wouldnt leave India midway if he gets an offer for Australia. People might call Whatmore desperate but the one side that seems desperate to me is BCB. Why else would we give someone that much liberty, that he can walk away anytime whenever he wants. They r saying that knowing Dav they dont feel he'll do it but is it wise to make our future cricket plans simply on good faith? I mean if Dav really is what BD cricket people think he is, then why is he really still giving out interviews to the media that he is still in contention for the Indian coaching job? I'm perplexed. I'm ready for the worst but hoping for the best.

Edited on, April 23, 2005, 6:32 PM GMT, by Rubayed.
Reason: spelling

fwullah
April 23, 2005, 12:58 PM
I'm redy for the worst but hoping for the best.

I think we all are.

Desh Bangla
April 23, 2005, 12:59 PM
Don't waste your time to write all these crap . India is not taking Whatmore ,ok . Noone in India likes it . Tell ya the truth India is going for someone from aussies or kiwis now not to think about nothing else . For the mean time "Sandeep Patil" will be Indian new coach . If there is a job in Uganda ..... i think there is .......!!!!! We might see a topic "whatmore interested in uganda job" . How funny that would be ?

Desh Bangla
April 23, 2005, 01:00 PM
Change the topic to "Whatmore looking for Uganda job" that's all rubbish .......... i think there is a vacancy in Uganda cricket they just loosing a four day match against Kenya ..... lol ..........

Desh Bangla
April 23, 2005, 01:04 PM
We got so many of them in the forum . We know what he is doing as he said that in the interview : "It's not fair to leave a team when the team is going to Northern Hamisphere" It shows his greatness clearly . Nothing about money he is staying for caz he loves us ........Read that :

Speaking to The Indian Express from Chittagong, Whatmore said: ‘‘I don’t think there is anything new in this. Every contract has a get-out clause.’’ This in short, wouldn't mean that the coach is still interested in the Indian job".

Also Read The Comments of "Sir Vivian Richards" it doesn't even say whatmore's name on the page at all .
"India does not have a coach at the moment after John Wright stepped down from the post immediately after the series against Pakistan.
With Australians Greg Chappell, Tom Moody and Dean Jones in the race to replace Wright, Richards said there was no harm in having a foreign coach".
http://www.hindustantimes.com/htcricket/14_1332289.htm
Read this too :BCCI has asked Akram to be the bowling coach of the Indian side.
http://www.indianexpress.com/full_story.php?content_id=35609
So , i think whatmore may be Indian batting coach haha ....... What's not possible ........down the less Shewag can teach Whatmore on batting anyway .

Guys thinking Whatmore is leaving Contact "Mahbub Anaam" or ring up Whatmore himself on his mobile ya will get the right answer ... lol

Edited on, April 23, 2005, 7:45 PM GMT, by Desh Bangla.

TheWatcher
April 23, 2005, 02:28 PM
Again, too many thread about Whatmore. Look like if someone does not like views in one thread, he is starting his own thread. This is not right attitude people.

Can someone please merge similar Whatmore threads together?

Desh Bangla
April 23, 2005, 02:33 PM
yeah that's what i said too ....... Read those Stories about Indian Cricket coach . Now whoever thinking Whatmore is Leaving please ring up on his mobile then he will say he will be staying with us . Every contract has get-out so if incase anything happens they can leave .

Edited on, April 23, 2005, 7:43 PM GMT, by Desh Bangla.

sajjadul
April 23, 2005, 02:44 PM
That's the only word coming to my mind to describe his actions.

When he talks to the BD media, he says "I do not want to leave the job half done"..... "we are on the right track"..........
and when he talks to the Indian media he does not bother to hide his exuberance to coaching Indian team.

This is total disrespect to the team he is coaching right now, to say the least.

Can you imagine how the BD players will feel to the every word he utters to them ?

How about, if the Indian Board offers him the coaching job when BD team is on the 3rd day of the 1st test against England.

Bangladesh Cricket Board should start looking for another coach, and the moment they find one, they should sack the hypocrate.

Edited on, April 23, 2005, 7:45 PM GMT, by sajjadul.

Edited on, April 23, 2005, 7:46 PM GMT, by sajjadul.

Spitfire_x86
April 23, 2005, 03:53 PM
**** Whatmore! :E :E :E

BCB should fire him immediately and let Sarwar Imran do the coaching job till we get a permanent coach.

Akib
April 23, 2005, 03:55 PM
Just because he is in contention doesnt mean he has the job 100%. There are 2 others in contention and Sir Viv Richards is showing interest as well.
Also if Whatmore is chosen (which i hope he isnt) then he wont go in the middle of the tour. He will go after the england tour.

RazabQ
April 23, 2005, 04:04 PM
Man, now I know what poor relations feel like. Whatmore, "yes bd - I love you guys, but ..." :(

Sham
April 23, 2005, 04:07 PM
I have become completely indifferent to the whole Whatmore issue. If he goes, he goes! I couldn't care less at at this point. I'm sure he won't go before or during the England tour. After that, if India picks him and decides to go, well good luck to him dealing with the Indian media and public expectations. We can always find another coach, and as quite a few people have said, it won't be the end of Bangladesh cricket.

israr
April 23, 2005, 04:14 PM
It's all media!!!!! These indian journalists are there everywhere; BBC, Cricinfo, and they just wanna create some crap or fake news out of this controversial issue. Dave knows how to control his tongue and after his contract with the BCB, I am sure he musn't have spoken any such statements. At present, he is looking forward to coach Bangladesh till 2007 and create an impression out there in the field. I don't know how many of you guys think in this way, but history tells us everything! Look at the way the indian media took this matter some days ago, and finally what happened??? Dave signed the contract ,right....! I am trying to clear out all the misconceptions between you guys and please don't get me wrong. Many may think I am incredulous, but I want to convey the real message. These kind of things keep on happening and should not be taken seriously. Such type of news have only one place for them from where it originates: GARBAGE :pig:

nasimul
April 23, 2005, 05:19 PM
I think BCB should take a decission about him. Let him leave and find a better coach. By 10000 to 12000 usd ( Dev get's probably 13000 usd/month) we can find better coach.