PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Best Coach

jeesh
April 25, 2005, 03:45 AM
What does it take to be a great coach? Knowledge, tactical wisdom, technical knowledge, discipline, motivation, ability to groom youngsters, adaptability, and so on...
Unlike Football, the authority and responsibility of cricket coaches are more towards the actual team rather than the whole system. But recently the responsibility has been extended, like many coaches have say in selection, cricket development and so on. Today who do you think is the best cricket coach?

Edited on, April 25, 2005, 4:01 PM GMT, by chinaman.
Reason: Title

insideedge
April 25, 2005, 07:52 AM
Today who do you think is the best cricket coach?
An armchair critic with nothing else to do is the best cricket coach.

Akib
April 25, 2005, 03:44 PM
Well i voted for Buchanan, but Fletcher and Whatmore should get credit for taking 2 bad teams (in BD's case... really bad teams) and turning them into better teams (England: good team, BD: improving).

FaltuRidwanBhai
April 28, 2005, 06:34 PM
well yeah i think it is really hard to define a best coach. because unless two coaches teams the same team u cannot actually compare them. it is not possible to compare apples and orranges because they are too different. what i mean is that if we compare for example wright, woolmer and whatmore it is hard to tell who is better. because wright and woolmer are pretty much coaching two teams who have almost the same strength. but whatmore's case is different. he is coaching a very weak team. if now wright and woolmer coaches us then only we can understand the situation. i think i am confusing myself here. lol.