PDA

View Full Version : What a Shame England Never won a Cricket World-Cup !!!!!

Desh Bangla
April 25, 2005, 10:23 AM
England invented the cricket and they never won the world-cup cricket and still they say they are good in the cricket . Don't think so ...... Now they are ranked 2 in the tests . It's all crap India ranking almost last in the odi ranking but they were the second best team in the last world-cup . Whatever England is ? Unless they win a cricket world-cup they never play a good cricket all and also i don't think they can win Ashes either last 20 odd years they didn't win Ashes . Good Luck England ...........

Rubu
April 25, 2005, 10:29 AM
sorry, fail to see the point of the thread. specially in banglacricket section.

Desh Bangla
April 25, 2005, 10:31 AM
Look at their players . Staruss , Pietersen , Solanki , Kabir Ali ( with pakistani background ) all from overseas after all these they can't win a world-cup atleast in our team all are bangladeshi since we started to play International cricket ....

mahbubH
April 25, 2005, 10:37 AM
>> atleast in our team all are bangladeshi since we started to play International cricket ....

This is another fault of our politicians. If they simplify our immigration rules then lot of English, South Africans, Australians could migrate to Bangladesh ... who knows we might get few -- Staruss , Pietersen , Solanki , Kabir Ali

Akib
April 25, 2005, 03:42 PM
Yes and just because a country invents a sport doesnt mean that country has to win that sports major competition. They should do good, but it doesnt mean that they should win.

FaltuRidwanBhai
April 26, 2005, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by aka
Yes and just because a country invents a sport doesnt mean that country has to win that sports major competition. They should do good, but it doesnt mean that they should win.

that was a nice back up. good defensive shot. copy book. ball went straight to the bowler in his follow through.

Locutus
April 26, 2005, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by Desh Bangla
Look at their players . Staruss , Pietersen , Solanki , Kabir Ali ( with pakistani background ) all from overseas after all these they can't win a world-cup atleast in our team all are bangladeshi since we started to play International cricket ....

Man! you really need to leave this things alone. So what if they have what ever the background. They choose to play for England so what? That has nothing to do with England not winning a WC. You are talking trash in a such a good forum.

Edited on, April 26, 2005, 5:50 PM GMT, by Logen.

AsifTheManRahman
April 26, 2005, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by Logen
You are talking trash in a such a good forum.

and thus the title, as is obvious :)

what surprises me is not that england haven't won a world cup competition but the fact that some people came to know about that just a couple of days ago :)

FaltuRidwanBhai
April 26, 2005, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by AsifTheManRahman
Originally posted by Logen
You are talking trash in a such a good forum.

and thus the title, as is obvious :)

what surprises me is not that england haven't won a world cup competition but the fact that some people came to know about that just a couple of days ago :)

aikhane boro kore akta lol bola chara amar ar kichui bolar nai. ar karo kichu bolar thakle please bolben. dannabad.

Desh Bangla
April 27, 2005, 10:33 PM
nah aar kisu bolar nai it proves we can win against them easily .:flag::flag:

Edited on, April 28, 2005, 3:34 AM GMT, by Desh Bangla.

Carte Blanche
April 28, 2005, 01:03 AM
This schmuck reminds me of the "nishy" days. Bring "nishy" back please, she was more entertaining.

insideedge
April 28, 2005, 01:45 AM
nishy was a plagiarist. this fellow Desh Bangla a.k.a. dukha is an original and hence more entertaining.

Locutus
April 28, 2005, 01:12 PM
Who is Nishy? No question that Desh Bangla is entertaining.:lol:

Edited on, April 28, 2005, 6:14 PM GMT, by Logen.

Rob
April 28, 2005, 02:52 PM

you couldn't beat zimbabwe easily :)

allrounder
April 28, 2005, 03:26 PM
This should be in the joke thread and Desh Bangla in an instution for the mentally handiccaped.

FaltuRidwanBhai
April 28, 2005, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by rob22888

you couldn't beat zimbabwe easily :)

well at the end of the day win is a win. doesnt matter how well u win it and doesnt matter if you win it because of performance or because of rain!!!!!!!!

FaltuRidwanBhai
April 28, 2005, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by allrounder
This should be in the joke thread and Desh Bangla in an instution for the mentally handiccaped.

unfortunately we dont have any joke threads yet. but we can surely request our moderators to open one joke thread exclusively for desh bangla bhai.

chyicarus
April 28, 2005, 03:49 PM
It is sad that England never won the World Cup. Thats mainly because everytime they get their ODI squad selection wrong.
England team are also not good closer of matches. I know I'll get a huge amount of criticism for saying that, but its true.
They have been known to be a very conservative team until recently. I think Vaughn's squad is one of the best I've seen for England in a loooooong time.
Players like Harmison, Flintoff(sounds like a pirate), Simon Jones, Geraint Jones etc etc are making a world of difference.
If look at it that way, even in tennis, there hasn't been a single British tennis player to win the Wimbeldon, for god-knows-how-long!!!