PDA

View Full Version : 'Everyone thinks this team is better than they actually are'

sunniath
April 30, 2005, 10:14 AM
Check the following link. What a wonderful way to start the weekend! Is any Indian fan around today? Learn the truth from an insider, and come back to reality.

http://content.cricinfo.com/india/content/story/208353.html

Edited on, April 30, 2005, 3:14 PM GMT, by sunniath.

Rubu
April 30, 2005, 11:00 AM
material for "international cricket".

wrong thread, bro.

Akib
April 30, 2005, 11:17 AM
Well what he said is true. This team isnt that good. they have loads of talent but they cant play well together.

Spitfire_x86
April 30, 2005, 12:40 PM
I especially agree with this part

Conventional wisdom has suggested that Sourav Ganguly's travails with the bat had impacted on the team's performance, but Gordon was not inclined to agree. "I think that's an excuse really. Look at the way the Australian team covered up for Mark Taylor when he was out of form. This Indian team has a lot of leaders, it is just a matter of the other players stepping up to the plate."

IIRC, Mark Taylor's bad patch was far worse than Ganguly's bad patch. If Mark Taylor played for India, then media would want his head after every failure and he would fade away instead of eventually returning to form.

FaltuRidwanBhai
April 30, 2005, 02:40 PM
hahahaha nice comment spitfire. actually again the problem is that the supporters are too emotional. and i think the problem is that compared to other teams india plays too much match. thats the impact on the players.