View Single Post
Old May 1, 2003, 03:58 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Default besides....

there were 2 clear LBW chances that were denied by Bowden. Ravi Shashtri was livid but Cullinun just stammered and talked about the wktkeepers movement. The first obvious one was rafique getting pollock on the pad almost on the full on a straight ball that pitched on off and middle. The commentators were baffled. And then Bowden did it again. This time Masri had Peterson plumb on the backfoot! That one would have clearly gone on to hit middle and leg no doubt about that. I don't even hear any mention of that in any of the news reports???!!! This could have been 260 all out for God's sake. When Umpires elsewhere make a hash of decisions wisden struggles to come up the wittiest quips at the umpire.

Just gimme a break. Bangladesh bowled excellent today. Rafique was wonderful. Sujon rotated his bowlers really well given that he had 3 front-line bowlers in the team with one half-fit.

I guess the only reason W-CI dare talk about wresting control is because they really don't give our batsmen any chance against SA. They really think 260 odd and whatever they add tomorrow will put beyond our boys'capabilities. I so hope tomorrow our boys come out all cylinders and shut these loud-mouths up.