View Single Post
Old May 1, 2003, 10:56 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শাï¿
Default My reaction to the headline

First of all .. I forgot that we played today (I HATE dial up) and second of al, when I read the Cricinfo headline, I thought - there, we did it again .... While I was eagerly waiting for the page to load, I thought of a couple of scenarios :

1 - BD were bowled out for another measly total of 70-150.
2 - SA ended the day at 340-400 for 2 or 3 wickets.

Seriously, what else can one expect to see after reading that heading - that too, on the front page .... For us, we'd still look into the score and all but most folks would just read that heading and that's the only thing that will stick to them ... It's kinda like propaganda ... You can twist it any way you want to fit your needs ...

Instead of a more appropriate - SA regain initiative after early collapse or Bangladesh/Rafique hold SA down on Day one ... we see a completely lop-sided title to go with a blind umpire .... Give us four years, we'll have enough presense on the net to twist any story to fit whatever way we need it to ...

Look at the world today - if you control the media, you control the world ... you force your opinions on the rest .... blah blah blah