View Single Post
Old November 8, 2009, 02:06 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakidul
I agree one hundred percent. There are ofcourse a few destinctive disadvantages for mushy as keeper such as 'Height', but overall for his age he is a very matured individual. He shows pride when playing such as his constant blabbering annoying the batsmen into a state of confusion and inspiring our players. His batting my opinion holds his magic. Not many player in this bangladeshi team have the patience in the crease that he occupies. For us we cannot change him, No way! It would change our winning combo. His average doesnt say much, but believe me he is a much better player then what many think.

In no doubt he falls into the category of shakib, rock , tamim.
I agree with you to some extent, what I want to want to see is some gradual improvement from mushy in terms of keeping. Unfortunately, during the bulk of the Zimbabwe series, his keeping was international standard. I am all for giving mushy enough time to improve his keeping, but he has to show gradual improvement. His reflex is OK, i just feel his foot movement gets him in all types of trouble.

May be he was struggling during the Zimbabwe series because he was not 100% fit. I guess the good thing for me was that his keeping during the 5th ODI was better than the first four ODI...