View Single Post
Old January 3, 2010, 08:44 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwullah
Hate to comment such badly on the headline, but I believe its true; only the players can prove me wrong on the field: The only change is that the headline has a name-change - Ashraful's name has been replaced by Shakib.

Other players - Tamim, Raquibul, Mushfique, Riyad - they're not our future, they're only assisting against the likes of SL and IND.
Sorry but I have to disagree with you, Tamim, Raqib and Mushfique are indeed our future along with Saqib because Tamim on song is beautiful to watch, head right on top of the ball, straight bat, just splendid, he has great technique, except when he charges down the track and Siddons is right to call him a potential-worldclass opener as unike Nafees, Tamim has little-to-no technical faults. Raqib as we all know is one solid middle order batsman who can build an innings and hold up one end, something which we sorely lacked before his appearence and the way Raqib played Kemar Roach in the test in WI or the way he handled the PAkistan Fast Bowlers back in their home turf showed Raqib's mental steel which the likes of fickle Aftab can only dream of, Mushfique as Siddons said, can bat in any position, he just needs to become a more efficient keeper, Riyad/Nayeem comes in and hits the ball for miles letting us finnish our innings on a high note and not to mention their effective bowling. They dont just assist unlike what you claimed. I cant remember how many matches were saved by a partnership between Raqib and Saqib. However, I am a bit doubtful, how effective Tamim will be after recovering from his injury