View Single Post
Old January 7, 2010, 06:46 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
Not sure what's your definition of fine. Pilot used to contribute lot more with bat against G8 teams, and he was chopped out because of his batting!
pilot averaged 19, with freighter-loads of not outs...mushy averages 22 with a better SR and far fewer unbeaten knocks. mushy's SR will continue to improve. i'm not saying he's flawless, but he is not the problem.

as i see it, the primary problems are the following:

1) Tamim's inability to really, really make it count (moderate problem, 154 v ZIM) - will rectify this as he gets older, might take 3-4 years, but as Beamer said, this guy seems poised for ton of centuries.

2) Imrul's short ball problems (moderate problem) - otherwise he wasn't that bad and looked a lot better than junaid in recent times. I am sure Siddons hasn't had much time to work with him, and this problem will be minimized if not solved soon enough.

3) Ash (moderate problem) - seems to be settling in as consolidator at one down. i think we have to accept the fact that he prefers to bat initially in first gear and then gradually progress to 2nd and then jump straight to 4th. if it works, there are no complaints. he might not be quite there yet, but over the last 2 years, his patience is improving. i think in another 12 months, he will be able to translate his DPL average into a 30+ international average. at any rate, we have other match-winners now.

4) Raqib (moderate problem) - has quite a limited game, but his tenacity is necessary in our lineup, even if he can score at today's 80 strike rate, we can still pile up big scores in excess of 300. hopefully JS can fix his problems as well, but even in the present state, Rock is a must.

5) Sakib (moderate problem) - its hard to imagine Boss not getting his form back soon, if he doesn't, he will become a severe problem. captaincy is OK, but mash should take over once he's healthy.

6) Naeem (moderate to severe bowling problems) - as a batsman he's fitting his role perfectly. as a bowler, i am not convinced. but i have become a believer in both him and riyad's necessity in the side.

7) Rahim (moderate problems) - keeping is an issue, his batting is not great, but i really don't see a problem with it. he's not quite as adept as ash, sakib, or riyad in the middle overs, nor the blaster that naeem is, but is a more versatile version of Rock further down the order.

8) Riyad (moderate bowling problem) - along with naeem our only perfect batting role, bowling is OK - will be good sometimes and will cost us games too. but his batting makes up for it.

9) Razzak (moderate problem) - his bowling against G8 sides has been a bit disappointing, hoepfully he can improve it, if not, enamul might be a better answer.

10) Rasel (no problems) - should always be there, bowled very well after his first over disaster. showed his DPL performance was a fluke.

11) Rubel (moderate problems) - i thought he bowled well against India, got late swing, will improve and may be our first match-winnng pacer in a few years. he should play as often as possible

12) Mash (no problems) - except for his injuries and possibly captaincy

13) Nazmul (to be determined) - did very well against ZIM, G8 sides remains to be seen

guys like aftab, SN, enam will be our immediate bench. at this point, robin, dollar, shafiul are just not ready. they need A team tours, as they aren't even consistent against the likes of zimbabwe. same with junaid.

all in all, we're looking pretty good with 13 months till the world cup.

#OneTeam1Dream