View Single Post
Old January 13, 2010, 05:14 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
To answer Miraz's question on how to get to the top 5. We need to do a pacer hunt - in the UK and Australia. Seriously - we should scout anyone who could get a BD passport through parentage and grab some promising players. Let's face it - if you are on the County 2nd XI on a regular basis, you have a better chance of playing Test cricket for BD than for England. It's even harder in Australia where there could be many a promising Bangladeshi-Australian playing Grade Cricket who'd never even make it to Sheffield Shield (or Pura Cup or whatever it is these days). We should grab them. I seem to recall Nafi's cousing was already bowling 80Mph + and he was a teen. Why shouldn't he play for BD?
Great suggestion and totally agree if we can allow players of BD-Aus or BD-Eng origin who are fast bowlers it will help us get good pacers. I am not saying that BD pacers should not be selected but looking at our history and overall pacer grooming program I doubt we will get world class pacer. Irish players perfect example who stay in England but play for Ireland. But the question is will BD-Aus or BD-Eng players can get into pacer hunt or national team selection process?