View Single Post
Old January 18, 2010, 08:04 PM
Test Cricketer

Since last update.

- "Lies My Teacher Told me" by James W. Loewen

Good read - if you enjoy history.

- "kitchen Confidential" by Anthony Bourdain

Excellent read. I enjoyed it mostly because I like the author's style of writing and having worked in a restaurant I could identify with most of what he was talking about. Don't expect to learn cooking from this book.

- "Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy" by Douglas Adams

As a proud geek, I am a bit ashamed that I waited this long to read this book. Loved it, nothing like the movie. Will soon read the rest of the series.

- "The God Delusion" by Richard Dawkins

Meh. Didn't like it that much. Mostly because Dawkins has a very "dry" style of writing and after reading this book I didn't feel like I learned something new I didn't know about earlier. I thought his other book "Selfish Gene", was more interesting.

- "Cosmos" by Carl Sagan

Excellent read. If I ever recommend anyone to read a single book. This would be it. Even if you are a seasoned astrophysicist of the highest level you will still enjoy this (that is if you haven't already read it). I will read his next book "Pale Blue Dot" soon.

Currently reading:

"Strangers to Ourselves: Discovering the Adaptive Unconscious" by Prof. Timothy D. Wilson

This is my first take on psychology book, outside my college entry level 101 book I skimmed through almost ~10 years ago. Enjoying it so far.