View Single Post
Old December 19, 2004, 05:26 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
posted by deshpremi

No man is worthy of worship, but there is nothing wrong in praising and applauding performances of these kind.
Ashraful deserves to be rewarded not just in kind but also financially as well for his fantastic efforts.
this will show that when they take their responsibilties seriously, we are quick in showering them with our praises and when they don't, we come down on them like a ton of bricks.
Nothing wrong with that.
Partially, I disagree. I do believe that good deed should not get away without rewards. But there is a limit. I agree that ash needs to be rewarded financially and there should be praising too. But, everything should be in limits. Calling ash the prince is just an expression of our sudden and incontrollable emotion. Emotions like this can spoil the mentality of our players. For that a player can take things granted. No one should take things granted. Lets be practical. Lets do things that will do good to our players. Fans can easily divert a player from his path of success to a failur path. Instead of just being fan to our cricketers, lets also be somekind of helper to them.