View Single Post
Old January 20, 2010, 02:00 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark mage
So that he can keep putting the team in trouble? Bangladesh team ki or baper shompotti naki? or is the National team a coaching academy where the faulty techniqal batsmen get to play practice matches against international teams to improve their batting? IMHO, I dont mind if he gets out, like I m never too angry with Tamim even if he gets out cheaply, because he doesnt keep getiing caught in the slips or gets out in similar fashion every time. My problem with Nafeees is, the way he gets out. It just shows how bad he is against quality fast bowling. Its like a big bad joke.

That's why Jamie Siddons didnt want him in the team, and that's why he said, performing well against crap bowlers in DPL is very different from scoring against quality bowlers. Jamie Siddons knows how horrible a technique Nafees has and its almost impossible to fix it up now at this stage of his career. Siddons doesnt want to waste his time on teaching players like Nafees basics when he can spend that time to upgrade the skills of the other players. If the ICL players hadnt left, they could've spent more time with Siddons to improve their game like the other players like Mushfiq, Tamim and Shaqib, but now its too late, Nafees doesnt even look a part of the team.
Lol n comment "Bangladesh team ki or baper shompotti naki? ".
But Overall I agree with you 110%. He was actually one of the "Beadob" ICL'ers with Dhiman Ghosh and I think its not fair not to give chances to players like Naeem and Mehrab Jr who didnt go to ICL.