View Single Post
Old February 3, 2010, 10:20 AM
Cricket Sage

With your "could have ... should have" scenario, ofcourse anything isn possible...even someone could claim Junaid would have scored a century...however these kind of scenario is based on speculation not fact as in reality they didn't played in that game and therefore one can claim equally that Rafiq/Ziaul would have scored a duck with SR 0 and he will be equally correct as you are with your claim.
Even for the sake of argument, if we assume you are right, still that means Rafiq/Ziaul would also score more than our top 7 batsman in the team in that game. Therefore even in your scenario, Rakibul wan not the problem in that game.... our front 7 batsman were. That's where we lost the game. A Juniad/Imrul/Alok woudn;t save us that game.

When our top order (who ever then end up with) start perfroming consistenly, at that point there will be no need for a player like rakibul may be.... but now complaining the inclusion of rakibul is pointless. To me complaining about a player who just scored 18 runs with SR 155, is not where our complain should be .... our complain should be our fragile top order filled with so called dashing batsman who fails more often than not.

And thanks but no thanks... for now I would rather stick with "Stupid selectors and coach"... they are not perfect.... but I have no problem sticking with Rakibul for now a little longer before figuring out our main issue ..... our fragile and paper tiger top order in T20.