View Single Post
Old February 6, 2010, 02:34 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

if it's not going to make much difference to the result then why not try out some youngsters? maybe not the whole team should be u23 but guys like shabbir rahman, nasir hossain, mithun ali, maybe even mahmudul hasan, noor hasan, subashis roy etc could be worth giving some experience to in the world t20. although the standard of opponent will be much higher in the world t20 than the SAGs, also want to see a player like nazmus sadat given ago but otherwise the riyad's, naeem's, tamim's and shakib's should be the main focus of the team, even alok. i think maybe we should sit out guys like aftab and ash in t20s, they do have the ability to hit but tbh i think the youngsters are surpassing them, hard to say that players like riyad, naeem and shakib with their allround ability, hitting ability and better consistency aren't more suited to the t20 game than the likes of aftab and ash. nazmus can bowl a bit, alok can bowl a bit and both can hit, ash shouldn't even be a part timer with the ball, he really isn't that good (and yes i've seen ash bowl recently and i've seen him bowling leggies and offies, he can be used as a partnership breaker i.e. 1-2 overs in a spell but shouldn't bowl anything more).