View Single Post
Old February 9, 2010, 10:55 PM
Club Cricketer

Default A Normal day in MY LIFE when BD has a game...

Lets assume that I'm watching a match against NZ which will start at 6:00pm.

12:00 pm: Reading the posts in Banglacricket match thread, and going through some stats in cricinfo.

1:00 am: Reading a book. (Staying up late, so that I can kill some time in the morning sleeping.)

2:00 am: Watching some videos unrelated to cricket.

3:00 am: Sleep.

4:00 am: Sleep.

5:00 am: Sleep.

6:00 am: Sleep.

7:00 am: Sleep.

8:00 am: Sleep.

9:00 am: Wake up to call by a friend who's also a cricket fan. He projects his score for the match and explains why we will win.

10:00 am: At BanglaCricket, reading the latest news and going through the match thread. Looking for some quality posts praising Mushfiq (my fav player).

11:00 am: Meeting my friend at a Starbucks on Manhattan and having coffee as we discuss the reasons that Bangladesh are still such an inconsistent team. We talk about the past greats of cricket and innings that Bangla players have played.

12:00 am: We make plans to play cricket sometime soon ( we rarely do).

1:00 pm: In my rooms in Banglacricket again. I go through facebook and turn on my other messengers. Getting ready for the game.

2:00 pm: Play international cricket captain, in which Bangladesh always wins!

3:00 pm: Tell my friend how I've beat new zealand by 100 or more runs in international cricket captain.

4:00 pm: Come back to Banglacricket. Time doesn't go. So I go through all the threads. Go to stickcricket.

5:00 pm: Look at the starting lineup and see whats happening. Refresh Banglacricket and cricinfo every two minutes. Look for links. Go through all the links I have bookmarked. Find out that Bangladesh will be batting.

6:00 pm: Game starts. Watch the game with my older brother, who says that someone in BD will get out in every ball.

7:00 pm: Bd 3 down for 60 runs. I'm still hopeful that the batsman will be able to make something out of it.

8:00 pm: Bd 6 down for 100 runs. My brother laughs at the team. My friend calls and curses out the BD team. I yell at them about how they will never grow up.

9:00 pm: Bangladesh all out for 170. I blame the batsman for this and promise to never watch a match again. Go outside for a smoke.

10:00 pm: Go to cricinfo and see the score, see that its 70/1 in 12 overs. I turn off the TV.

11:00 pm: I read Banglacricket comment and blame someone for this slaughter.

12:00 pm: Go to sleep unhappy.

--------------------------------------------------------

Hopefully this doesn't happen tomorrow. I'd like to go to sleep happy and be the one laughing instead my brother.

How do you spend your match day?