View Single Post
Old February 13, 2010, 09:35 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: An honest player; a trier

Well, there's the special ones I care about, and then the ones I don't care about as much. If I do care, I'd wake up pretty early,and in all the excitement will have pet kharap. Then I'd quickly eat breakfast, go to the office and look at Banglacricket and Prothom Alo for an undisclosed amount of time till the match starts. Every time the boss looks over, I click the mouse, sometimes revealing instead of hiding my extracurriculars. Go visit the bathroom a couple more times, then open the Cricinfo commentary page at the right moment. Then for the last hour of work, keep thinking whether I should leave right then and make up for it later.

Once I get home, I'd have a quick shower, eat on the laptop, and if its going good, realise its bathroom time again. If its going bad, I watch anything on tv, possibly some bogan news-piece called Today-tonight for a bit. I'd turn the laptop off in disappointment, but then am forced to turn it back on. If I'm unlucky this is at 1am, and I'm fooled by the team till 2:30 that we can do it. Finally, when its 40 to get off 100 balls with 6 wickets remaining I decide to sleep.

The next morning, I read the post-mortems on Prothom-Alo and keep wondering why everyone's complaining about Ash's latest failure on this site.