View Single Post
Old February 21, 2010, 04:22 PM
Test Cricketer

I don't think the matches will be played in Rome, because there are not decent cricket grounds... if it's so I don't think I could have a chance to see the matches. And I'm afraid there will not be any kind of coverage for cricket by the media, as usual, which is stg really upsetting me, as also american sports like baseball and american football have some kind of coverage... most of italians don't know anything about cricket, they mistake it with croquet, the game played in parks, and when I say it's the 2nd sport in the world by number of fans they think I am joking...

You could have a look at wikipedia page on italian national team:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italy_n...l_cricket_team

it's mostly based on expats, with few italians, and the team has been declining after the retirement of italo-australian Joe Scuderi, who formerly played first class cricket in Australia and England.

Back to division 5, Nepal and USA win again and now lead the table and look comfortably going to qualify for division 4.
I do also think that they could win division 4 too, as the teams playing there (Argentina, Cayman, Italy and Tanzania) all look weaker then Nepal and USA.