View Single Post
Old March 22, 2010, 07:24 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib

Great article mate.

Agree whole heartedly with everything you wrote about especially the bits about all the years the Aussies have been treated favourably by the umpires. I've been living in Australia for the last 23 years and have watched just about all the matches played here and it has infuriated me over the years how they used to get away firstly with cheating and when neutral umpires were bought in, they got their way by intimidating umpires into giving them favourable decisions. It has happened every year from as far back as I can remember. Whilst I can't say for sure how bad or biased the sub-continent umpires have been (we didn't get to watch many games from the sub continent in the past). we must remember that the cheating ways of the aussie umpires was one of the main reasons why neutral umpires were bought in. Even now when they show some of the games on tv from the late 80's and 90's you can see how blatantly they used to cheat.

Anyway, all I can say is that thank god for the Third umpire and hopefully the technology can be implemented in all games in BD, coz they'll never get the best umpires and thus they will need it here more than anywhere else in the world...