View Single Post
Old March 22, 2010, 05:47 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by billah
In the first Test match, ball hit Shahadat's forearm and reached Matt Prior. Rod Tucker immediately gave Shahadat out by lifting his finger. Shahadat was standing his ground, pointing to his forearm, however pointless that might be.

This is not the story. The story is:

Matt actually dropped the catch ! The ball was on the ground. He failed to take the catch ! He did not have the ball ! Although the ball clearly did not even touch the bat & foul mouth Prior was cursing up a storm that he did not take the catch, Tucker gave Shahadat out.

Imagine the mental readiness of Rod Tucker to give our batsmen out ! He is just waiting to give us the finger ! Catch or no catch, you are out !

Finally, the English players pointed out to Tucker that the ball was floored and hundreds of TV cameras were looking. Seeing that there might be a slim chance for an international incident over this, Tucker decided to let Shahadat play. The commentators were gasping, bewildered, holding their breaths, until Rod Tucker reversed his decision to allow Shahadat to play.

Rod Tucker is playing for the English team. And in one drunken stupor he exposed himself.

Hence I opened this much needed thread. Tucker ain't gonna return the money he took. My guess is that he has already spent much of it on alcohol. Hill probably forced him to share some of it with him also, judging by his present tilt.

So, just be prepared of many more "wrong" decisions against us in the final two days. A promise is a promise. Don't think for a moment we can save this match to a draw.

There will be an England win.
I wanna see this. Is there a video?