View Single Post
Old March 25, 2010, 10:05 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorFan
I still can remember on 27th [or was it 28th?] March, we and many other unknown families walked and walked days after days all along village roads and corps field, from Kollyanpur [near Shyamoli] Dhaka via Kolatia, Foridpur, Barishal to Bhola [via many more unknown places to me], leaving everything behind but some cloths. In that desperate journey lots of unknown village living people provided us food and place for sleep, rest. And so they did to many hundreds or thousands peoples like us for days for sure.

I can remember some people were waiting by the village muddy road providing 'Gur', 'Ruti', 'Paani' for free but yet some people did paid those who could. And while crossing channels, rivers those boat people didnt asked money but people leaved some coin on deck as they wished. There are so many snaps in my mind of those days that never seems to get fade, and I wish not to be as many kids like me of those days.

On this day like us many people must be remembering those unknown helping people and wish they live in peace and get rewarded for their did, in this life and life after.

Happy Independence Day to Everyone.
^^Those are some memories there dear Poorfan bhai!! I was an infant then and my uncle carried me in his "kole" in the rural parts of then Comilla, Brahmanbaria, Koshba, Akhaura along with my mom, dad and sister. I don't have any memories though...

...Later on throughout the 70s/early 80s, the BTV B&W natoks, Bengali films on the war, documenteries, Mohila Shomiti moncho natoks, novels, literature depicting our Independence war played a strong influential part in my memories of our independence war and the events around it.