View Single Post
Old April 11, 2010, 05:25 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Ganguly,Vettori,
Default Do we need a "Learn from their mistakes" Section?

Recently, we have seen another spike in banishment of members. It is clear that people are forgetting what sort of behaviour is not acceptable here. Board rules are there, but do you think an example / illustration would be better?

I have seen subsections in many forums where "Epic Fails", "Trolls", "Asking for the banstick" type posts / threads were thrown in. The benefits is that newbies and some times the not so newbies always get a reminder the kind of behaviour expected of them. Not to mention the lol factor.

The other side of the coin is that people will laugh or bash a certain banned user, who is totally unable to defend himself. For example, if nzfans last few words were ever published, he could lose quite a lot of friends here in BC. Also, it may intimidate the newbies a bit too much (though some times that's a good thing).

May be this subsection could be locked, i.e., viewing only and no posting. I'm sure if mods do decide to do this, they'll find a way to make it even. I know when it comes to this sort of question, mods' decision are final and my opinion doesn't count.

Nevertheless, I'm curious. What do you think. Would this be a good thing or a bad thing?

Last edited by Ashfaq; April 11, 2010 at 06:21 PM..