View Single Post
Old April 13, 2010, 06:06 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox
I am prepared to give Nazimuddin another chance. Unlike most of the ICLers he has actually been doing well in domestic cricket since returning. He still possesses one of the best FC records in the country. But our idiot selectors did not even select him in the preliminary squad despite him having a great T20 record. I wouldn't pick him for ODIs though because he looks so lost while batting in ODIs. But he would be in my consideration for Tests and T20s.

Rokibul has been very consistent since smashing the 100 and 50 against England. However I don't think he has it in him to succeed at International T20 level. We could use him in Tests and maybe ODIs but after he serves his time and loses his drama queen antics.

Oh and no more Aftab in any format. And Ash only in ODIs.
Nazimuddin is a very good prospect and just because of 1 bad series in the asia cup and now hes in many peoples doghouse..yes he did look real bad and looked like a fish out of the water but people have 2 remember hes been a bad List A player all his life..i mean just look at his average in List A's in domestic comps.. http://www.cricketarchive.com/Archiv...g_by_Team.html

So its really the fault of our management 2 pick this guy up..in FC matches hes a star and thats where he shouldve started, test cricket
http://www.cricketarchive.com/Archiv...g_by_Team.html

I mean you just cannot overlook those stats..hes a player that is a great FC player and needed 2 be in the tests and also T20's..Zunaed is exactly the same, very good T20 player and a decent test batsmen but awful ODI and List A player and Nazim falls in this category

Raqibul is definitely a must in our ODI and test teams..the guy has very good temperament which we really need in the team..he probably should not be on the T20 national team because hes not creative enough with his shots but it was a bit unfair 4 him 2 be left out but I fully understood as 2 why the team management made this decision..the real big problem with him has been his technique which is a concern..he cant pick the gaps for singles that well and is very limited in his boundary hitting capabilities..hes still better then players like aftab and ash(current form) though so he needs to be in the ODI and test teams..think people should also forget about what he did and just move on unless he did this again..remember there are some players that are more emotional then others....and agree aftab should be forgetting like a bad memory and ash should just stick to ODIs as hes been a decent player in this format..