View Single Post
Old April 27, 2010, 11:50 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaad
C_P, while there are perhaps three members who specifically mention not being attracted to atheists, I think you'll find more posts in this thread that don't list being religious/agnostic/atheist as a criterion. As such, I'd be more likely to conclude that there's no such universal dislike on this thread, and that perhaps for many folk here religion, or lack thereof, in a partner isn't such a big deal.
Shaad bhai, i agree with you partially... especially i should not used the word universal. I counted five people directly or indirectly mentioned that atheism is a problem while three person explicitly said religion is not an issue. And, the rest had very short descriptions, so i did not count them. Based on this, I think it is fair to say that religion is a big deal among the people who posted in this forum. To me this it not surprising at all, because I know very few bangladeshis who has married someone from another religion.

For my case, I am open to a partner from any religion, but if I marry a muslim girl, it will be easier for my family go along with it and that will be in the back of my mind when i make the decision.